Page 80 of 124 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1857

Thread: Spawn

Spectacular Member Paulie Blade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    Oh wait I forgot after walking dead comic ended image’s current best selling title now is spawn
    Wow, that is rather surprising. Does it consider comics currently on hiatus, such as Saga?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie Blade View Post
    Wow, that is rather surprising. Does it consider comics currently on hiatus, such as Saga?
    Unless you count trade collections walking can be still the best seller probably alongside saga for completed volumes alongside walking dead at least from what i heard on reddit but from other sides the current best selling comics after walking dead's completion is spawn from others.

Mighty Member

oh by the way spawn 307 is out now

Mighty Member

Spawn 308 is here gunslinger spawn is back and cog is too.

Incredible Member

Finally picked up copies of 307-309 from my local comic shop. I let my box get behind so I had like 90 dollars worth of comics to buy yesterday....

Anyhoo.... 307 left me confused somewhat. I’m gonna have to go dig out issues 305 and 306 and re-read them again. It’s cool to see Cog back... for as long as that took. The surprise reveal at the end of who the baddie was... left me kinda meh. I was like, we really need “him” back again?

In other news, I picked up the Big Previews Book at my comic shop as well. Solicitations for Issue 312 name drops Omega Spawn.... so could all these Spawns that are popping up be building up to Omega? I guess we’ll learn more in the coming months.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    Finally picked up copies of 307-309 from my local comic shop. I let my box get behind so I had like 90 dollars worth of comics to buy yesterday....

Anyhoo.... 307 left me confused somewhat. I’m gonna have to go dig out issues 305 and 306 and re-read them again. It’s cool to see Cog back... for as long as that took. The surprise reveal at the end of who the baddie was... left me kinda meh. I was like, we really need “him” back again?

In other news, I picked up the Big Previews Book at my comic shop as well. Solicitations for Issue 312 name drops Omega Spawn.... so could all these Spawns that are popping up be building up to Omega? I guess we’ll learn more in the coming months.
    You mean billy dude? Yeah he is a Hellspawn again but with a new look and cog getting killed off by gunslinger spawn was funny.

Incredible Member

You mean billy dude? Yeah he is a Hellspawn again but with a new look and cog getting killed off by gunslinger spawn was funny.
    Cigs death was unexpected, but.... lackluster, I guess? I felt nothing from it. But I’m sure it might be some kind of misdirection.

But yeah, about Billy. I’m kinda, meh, about it. I’d expected Wynn moreso than Billy, but we’ll see how this goes.

The excitement I had post 300 has kinda fizzled out. I’m never not gonna stop buying Spawn, but dang.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    Cigs death was unexpected, but.... lackluster, I guess? I felt nothing from it. But I’m sure it might be some kind of misdirection.

But yeah, about Billy. I’m kinda, meh, about it. I’d expected Wynn moreso than Billy, but we’ll see how this goes.

The excitement I had post 300 has kinda fizzled out. I’m never not gonna stop buying Spawn, but dang.
    Wynn did die and never showed up again like he made a deal with malebolgia if al kills him he would get a price of hell but since downing isn’t that ment Wynn gets nothing when he dies and cog is a Hellspawn still and he gets decapitated he dies like other hellspawns
    Last edited by Toxin45; 09-02-2020 at 02:28 PM.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/spaw...orders-120000/

Kinda cool to see Spawn breaking 100k on a non-anniversary issue. Wish I knew what it was attracting people to the book, because while I love it it rarely makes sense.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by armlessphelan View Post

Kinda cool to see Spawn breaking 100k on a non-anniversary issue. Wish I knew what it was attracting people to the book, because while I love it it rarely makes sense.
    Guess people who were disllusioned with marvel and dc wokeness from what i heard.

Guess people who were disllusioned with marvel and dc wokeness from what i heard.
    If wokeness is a turnoff, I don't know why they would turn to Spawn. Todd literally had Trump working as an agent of Hell.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by armlessphelan View Post

Speculators/collectors/FOMO. I don't know if Ninja Spawn is a big deal, or if the 1:5 BW variant cover is that big a deal (but that could certainly cause a spike), or if some other character is rumored to show up; but I think the book was in the right place in the right time when it hit issue 300 and a lot of collectors looking for something different all jumped on to make it the new run to complete.

Ultimate Member

They do know Spawn is a BLACK man. And those who claim to hate wokeness at those two would ignore Spawn.

I would suspect it's actual folks reading the book versus just buying the books for spectators. Issue 300 not withstanding.

Along with a $2.99 price-helps. You have a book that is not going to restart or suffer from agendas that derailed so many books.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    They do know Spawn is a BLACK man. And those who claim to hate wokeness at those two would ignore Spawn.

I would suspect it's actual folks reading the book versus just buying the books for spectators. Issue 300 not withstanding.

Along with a $2.99 price-helps. You have a book that is not going to restart or suffer from agendas that derailed so many books.
    I guess most indie comics don’t bother with the things marvel and dc do