Page 81 of 124 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1857

Thread: Spawn

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I would suspect it's actual folks reading the book versus just buying the books for spectators. Issue 300 not withstanding.

Along with a $2.99 price-helps. You have a book that is not going to restart or suffer from agendas that derailed so many books.
    That kind of sales spike is all speculators/collectors. 80,000 people did not just decide to start reading this comic overnight. Even the 30-40K (estimate) the title got up to and settled after #300 was still padded by collectors.

Astonishing Member

I guess the speculator market didn't die in the 90s.

Mighty Member

310 is out and it is filler chapter it seems we get zombie nyx

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    310 is out and it is filler chapter it seems we get zombie nyx
    Todd doesn't know how to tell a comprehensive story. Which is fine because I've never read Spawn for that.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

Mighty Member

Blanks why did you expected Jason Wynn to come back and not billy kincaid

Quote Originally Posted by armlessphelan View Post
    Todd doesn't know how to tell a comprehensive story. Which is fine because I've never read Spawn for that.
    When did Todd give up on developing his storytelling abilities?

Mighty Member

Todd let other writers and artists do spawn when he was too busy doing his toy company

Todd let other writers and artists do spawn when he was too busy doing his toy company
    Or buying baseballs. Or writing a film script. Or investing money. Or just when he felt like it.

Mighty Member

Spawn is always one of those comics that I pick up for a few months every few years.
    I like it but it never holds me interested, and has been in a number of weird directions that at this point, I'd be happier if the whole thing rebooted under a different creative team. I know Spawn is Todd's baby, and I like Todd, but man do I feel we're not getting the best that Spawn could be.

I'll say it needs a new creative direction, a team that would work on Spawn for the next 50-100 issues and just get the comic to make sense.

Incredible Member

Blanks why did you expected Jason Wynn to come back and not billy kincaid
    I don’t think Al got any real closure with Jason. There was that issue where he scarred Jason’s mind to where Jason thought he was skinned alive, and there was the post Armageddon issue, but it just seemed like Jim got more closure over Wynn than Al did.

Meanwhile Billy has been brought back several times over and over. Issue 50, 82-85, his appearance in Armageddon, each time with a new form. Kinda... meh with Kincaid at this point.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    Spawn is always one of those comics that I pick up for a few months every few years.
    I like it but it never holds me interested, and has been in a number of weird directions that at this point, I'd be happier if the whole thing rebooted under a different creative team. I know Spawn is Todd's baby, and I like Todd, but man do I feel we're not getting the best that Spawn could be.

I'll say it needs a new creative direction, a team that would work on Spawn for the next 50-100 issues and just get the comic to make sense.
    It seems that whatever someone else writes for Todd, he ignores it completely. Unless he is co-writing it, like he was from issue 60-149 with Brian H, nothing anyone else ever contributed to story canon seems to last.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    I don’t think Al got any real closure with Jason. There was that issue where he scarred Jason’s mind to where Jason thought he was skinned alive, and there was the post Armageddon issue, but it just seemed like Jim got more closure over Wynn than Al did.

Meanwhile Billy has been brought back several times over and over. Issue 50, 82-85, his appearance in Armageddon, each time with a new form. Kinda... meh with Kincaid at this point.
    I mean al used jim to kill downing so in a way he kinda indirectly caused his downfall not much to worry over Wynn is gone
    Last edited by Toxin45; 10-14-2020 at 10:10 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    It seems that whatever someone else writes for Todd, he ignores it completely. Unless he is co-writing it, like he was from issue 60-149 with Brian H, nothing anyone else ever contributed to story canon seems to last.
    Not entirely though like some characters do come back even if a little brief

https://legacycomics.com/shop/spawn-...odd-mcfarlane/

What does everyone think of Todd putting out a Chadwick Boseman variant cover for #311?

I am a little confused...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by maninthemacintosh1606 View Post
    https://legacycomics.com/shop/spawn-...odd-mcfarlane/

What does everyone think of Todd putting out a Chadwick Boseman variant cover for #311?

I am a little confused...
    He did it as a tribute for Chadwick but some people took it the wrong way at while others like it