Page 84 of 124 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1857

Thread: Spawn

Extraordinary Member

Liefeld doesn’t own Chapel now?

Does Todd own Tiffany, the other angel?

Why’d they kill off Nyx so suddenly? Is she owned by someone else too?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post

Cuz Cog wanted her dead now cog is dead thanks to gunslinger spawn. Nyx came back as a zombie just. so jessica could become she spawn.
    Tiffany is still onwed by todd but hasn't shown up cuz todd probably forgot about her.

Incredible Member

Tiffani is a derivative of Angela, so Todd can’t use her anymore. I’m not sure if she was part of the Angela deal, but Todd can’t use warrior female Angels that look like Angela (the face paint, the ribbons). So Tiffani is off the table. I’m not sure how it will work for reprints or digital sales, but I’m sure that Tiffani won’t be an issue unless Todd tries to create anything new with her.

The Youngblood issues, is complicated. Rob Liefeld, his publishing company had three partners if I remember correctly. So the rights to certain characters fell to each partner. One of the partners sold Youngblood without telling Rob, so all Youngblood characters, including a few other titles, belong to someone else now.

Nyx is all Todd’s.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    even tony twist and mother of existence won't be used anymore due to lawsuits
    For reprints, I believe Todd changed Twists name. I have the large black and white collection of issues 1-50 and that was one of the first things I noticed. But it probably doesn’t matter, we haven’t seen that character since the 90s anyways. MOM (man of miracles/mother of existence) is kinda... I dunno. All that is tied to the rights of Miracle Man which Marvel has publishing rights now I think. Todd bought out the catalogue of characters from that defunct comic company, which is how he acquired the HEAP from.

Todd thought he then owned the rights to Miracle Man, but all he ended up owning was the trademark to a Logo of Miracle Man. So, maybe if he drops the logo and kinda redesigns the character soon, MOM can be used again. Dunno.

Extraordinary Member

So Jessica Priest is She-Spawn now?

Too bad about Nyx. I liked her.

Which villains current consist of Spawn’s rogues gallery?

Mighty Member

So Jessica Priest is She-Spawn now?

Too bad about Nyx. I liked her.

Which villains current consist of Spawn’s rogues gallery?
    At the moment billy Kincaid and new evil hellspawn though I suspect violator would come back eventually along with malebolgia just a hunch. Plus new villain soul crusher,Bludd,and John sansker. We will get new villains along with some classic ones soon enough.

Mighty Member

Spawn 313 is out now we have a new villain called monolith that large hellspawn in red

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Nyx should go back to how she was before, or get different powers. Not a fan of Nyzombie. That’s a shame about Tiffany. Angela has always been my favorite Spawn character, and a shame at what Marvel did with her. I would have bought a monthly Angela series set in the McFarlaneverse.

Mighty Member

Spawn 314 preview shows us that monolith is fighting against spawn still and proves to be tougher than spawn thought.

This series clearly has its fans—it has been around for decades—what's the draw/appeal for you? With the color compendium coming out in a couple of months, I'm a bit intrigued and might give it a go.

How would you sell someone on it?

Mighty Member

Spawn 314 is out today Omega Spawn is here and Medeival spawn is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    For reprints, I believe Todd changed Twists name. I have the large black and white collection of issues 1-50 and that was one of the first things I noticed. But it probably doesn’t matter, we haven’t seen that character since the 90s anyways. MOM (man of miracles/mother of existence) is kinda... I dunno. All that is tied to the rights of Miracle Man which Marvel has publishing rights now I think. Todd bought out the catalogue of characters from that defunct comic company, which is how he acquired the HEAP from.

Todd thought he then owned the rights to Miracle Man, but all he ended up owning was the trademark to a Logo of Miracle Man. So, maybe if he drops the logo and kinda redesigns the character soon, MOM can be used again. Dunno.
    I always wondered why Todd rebooted the Heap, and not the New Wave as well. Tachyon could of been the Superman of the Spawnverse.

Read Spawn#314, and it's basically Spawn's version of Spiderverse.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by thecoffeeman View Post
    This series clearly has its fans—it has been around for decades—what's the draw/appeal for you? With the color compendium coming out in a couple of months, I'm a bit intrigued and might give it a go.

How would you sell someone on it?
    Basically, if you want to see some cool stuff, great images and over the top action, it's for you.
    Even Todd understands he isn't writing high art, he just wants to do the R rated version of Venom.

I'll say if you liked Donny Cates' Venom, you'll enjoy Spawn.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    I always wondered why Todd rebooted the Heap, and not the New Wave as well. Tachyon could of been the Superman of the Spawnverse.

Read Spawn#314, and it's basically Spawn's version of Spiderverse.
    Yeah who are the new wave and tachyon?

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    Yeah who are the new wave and tachyon?

The New Wave are an old Eclipse comics team, Tachyon is a blue alien member. New Wave crossed paths with the Heap a few times in the 80's, Todd is supposed to own these characters alongside the Heap.
    https://www.comics.org/issue/217279/
    Last edited by Shadowras; 01-28-2021 at 12:23 PM.