Page 90 of 124 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1857

Thread: Spawn

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    I find it weird that People are saying these are the first Spawn On-goings since the original Spawn when we had a load of Spawn titles in the 90's.
    It is weird, but it's also all marketing. Who wants to be reminded of "Curse of Spawn" or "Dark Ages Spawn"?
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

I know these are only mini-series, but I quite enjoyed these titles...

1. Violator (1994)

2. Angela (1994)

3. Medieval Spawn/Witchblade (1996)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Destro777 View Post
    I finally collected and read the Spawn Blood Feud and Violator minis by Alan Moore. Blood Feud is one of the better Spawn stories ive ever read. Shows you what could be done with the character in the hands of a good writer.

Ive only collected the main Spawn series all these years and I remember K-7 Leetha was mentioned out of the blue around issue 200 I had no clue where that even came from. I never knew Spawn's suit was named, introduced, and detailed in this Blood Feud mini series from 1995. Makes me wonder what else ive missed skipping all of the mini series. I always wanted to read Bendis' Sam and Twitch.
    Try the other spawn spin-offs for yourself.

Mighty Member

Any character from spawn and his expanded universe you like to revamp?

Hi all!

I've just recently jumped into Spawn. I've very sporadically read a few trades here and there through Spawn history, but Spawn Universe sounded like a solid jumping on point for a more concrete investment of interest. King Spawn and The Scorched look like they could be really cool too. I've read Spawn Universe and several of the most recent Spawn ongoing floppies, and I'm hella pumped to see how the story unfolds. Each new issue ratchets up my excitement even more.

Anyway, i had a question about the most recent issue, Spawn #319. Even though I enjoyed it a lot, the A cover, which is the one I have, depicts Clown/Violator transforming. So I was kinda reading through, being like "oooh, when's Violator going to pop in?" But he's not in the issue at all. I understand cover artists take some license to just play around with subject matter that will look cool, but is it usual for the cover of an issue to feature a character who doesn't appear in the issue at all? Not a huge thing. Like I said, I enjoyed it a lot. More of a curiosity, for me.

Cheers everyone!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by OceanMachine View Post
    Hi all!

I've just recently jumped into Spawn. I've very sporadically read a few trades here and there through Spawn history, but Spawn Universe sounded like a solid jumping on point for a more concrete investment of interest. King Spawn and The Scorched look like they could be really cool too. I've read Spawn Universe and several of the most recent Spawn ongoing floppies, and I'm hella pumped to see how the story unfolds. Each new issue ratchets up my excitement even more.

Anyway, i had a question about the most recent issue, Spawn #319. Even though I enjoyed it a lot, the A cover, which is the one I have, depicts Clown/Violator transforming. So I was kinda reading through, being like "oooh, when's Violator going to pop in?" But he's not in the issue at all. I understand cover artists take some license to just play around with subject matter that will look cool, but is it usual for the cover of an issue to feature a character who doesn't appear in the issue at all? Not a huge thing. Like I said, I enjoyed it a lot. More of a curiosity, for me.

Cheers everyone!
    Glad to have you onboard and hope you enjoy the coming issues and new books coming out.

Good question you ask and honestly it is a bit usual for that to happen. For example, issue 316's cover A has the Reaper on it and he is nowhere to be seen in the issue and 313's has Clown on it and he isn't in the issue at all though it is Christmas-themed so it makes sense for the time it came out. So it happens from time to time and you get used to it after a while. The A cover for 319 is actually a nod to Clown's Violator transformation in issue 300.

I figured it must have been something like that. Thanks! Glad to be here.

Mighty Member

Spawn 320 is out Spawn vs Soul Crusher. Spawn wins and tries to kill Soul crusher but cy-gor stops him along with wanda's ghost.

Planning on going to a comic shop today and picking up single issues for the first time. Are Spawn's Universe followed by the most recent issues a good jumping-on point?

Quote Originally Posted by thecoffeeman View Post
    Planning on going to a comic shop today and picking up single issues for the first time. Are Spawn's Universe followed by the most recent issues a good jumping-on point?
    Spawn's Universe is a decent enough jumping on point, but honestly the way Spawn is written there's no clear jumping on point: it's one of the weaknesses of Todd's writing. Though, a lot of people treat jumping on points like jumping off points, so maybe Todd is actually brilliant having every issue lead into the next and only resolving things at big anniversary issues.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    Spawn 320 is out Spawn vs Soul Crusher. Spawn wins and tries to kill Soul crusher
    When his cape was being deflected, and he chained Soul Crusher in the eye, I was legit caught off-guard, and thrilled. I actually shouted "YES"!

Fantastic Member

Been a while since I put down my thoughts on an issue, been catching up and almost there, but figured to put down my thoughts on the latest issue, #320. Before getting to that, figured to provide a bit of background for those that are coming in new with the recent issues. Soul Crusher was introduced back in issues 269 - 274. He was part of what seemed like an ancient human group, likely inspired by Hickman's The Black Monday Murders imo, where they were looking to funnel money from one company to another as a message to the Ramus Corporation aka the vampire Bludd's group seen through most of the Downing era on behalf of either a Heaven or Hell force that was never further developed. But after trying to change an investor's mind, Soul Crusher turned his attention to rescuing Cyan from Spawn who he thought kidnapped her but in reality, was saving her. See, around this time and heading into the Japan arc afterwards, the series put an emphasis on Cyan and her developing powers presumably for a setup for a book she would star in called Misery that never materialized. During this time, was an awful decision to make her a drug addict out of nowhere and having Spawn do a war on drugs bit that never really went anywhere. Anyways, after causing a bus crash and Soul Crusher saved Cyan from the very crash he caused, Spawn attempted to rescue her and did battle with Soul Crusher. SC did use a technological suit to make him faster, provide some level of armor, and used gas attacks all the while Spawn thought he was a demon until realizing at the end, after SC escaped, that he was human and that was that until this issue which saw the return of Soul Crusher.

Soul Crusher does make for a good one-issue villain and the fight with him against Cy-gor & Spawn that takes up all of the issue is good. SC does display a few new abilities he didn't have before like super strength (when he punched Cy-gor into space I thought "Wow!") and light rays. Spawn finding a hole in SC's shielding was a cool moment, but the issue did bring a couple of mysteries that I thought were interesting. The first is why would Soul Crusher, a human, want to unlock the dead zones? Maybe we'll soon find out who SC is really connected to. The second, and biggest part of the issue, is the Wanda premonition. Is it a ploy from Heaven to mess with him given Wanda is in Heaven? But at the same time, her moment along with Cy-gor telling Spawn to show mercy could be a sign for Al to not lose his way as it seemed like the series was headed to a place where Al could become the villain in his own book with how his actions have been. Certainly wonder if that will be developed more. If I had to point out a negative it would be the single page news bit. While a tradition in the Spawn series, when you have a fight issue like this you don't really want to grind it to a halt for a page that has nothing to do with the rest of the issue. Some monies are being moved around different countries isn't really all that interesting and the issue could have done without it. Other than that, pretty good straightforward fight issue with really good art as always.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HellsRider View Post
    Been a while since I put down my thoughts on an issue, been catching up and almost there, but figured to put down my thoughts on the latest issue, #320. Before getting to that, figured to provide a bit of background for those that are coming in new with the recent issues. Soul Crusher was introduced back in issues 269 - 274. He was part of what seemed like an ancient human group, likely inspired by Hickman's The Black Monday Murders imo, where they were looking to funnel money from one company to another as a message to the Ramus Corporation aka the vampire Bludd's group seen through most of the Downing era on behalf of either a Heaven or Hell force that was never further developed. But after trying to change an investor's mind, Soul Crusher turned his attention to rescuing Cyan from Spawn who he thought kidnapped her but in reality, was saving her. See, around this time and heading into the Japan arc afterwards, the series put an emphasis on Cyan and her developing powers presumably for a setup for a book she would star in called Misery that never materialized. During this time, was an awful decision to make her a drug addict out of nowhere and having Spawn do a war on drugs bit that never really went anywhere. Anyways, after causing a bus crash and Soul Crusher saved Cyan from the very crash he caused, Spawn attempted to rescue her and did battle with Soul Crusher. SC did use a technological suit to make him faster, provide some level of armor, and used gas attacks all the while Spawn thought he was a demon until realizing at the end, after SC escaped, that he was human and that was that until this issue which saw the return of Soul Crusher.

Soul Crusher does make for a good one-issue villain and the fight with him against Cy-gor & Spawn that takes up all of the issue is good. SC does display a few new abilities he didn't have before like super strength (when he punched Cy-gor into space I thought "Wow!") and light rays. Spawn finding a hole in SC's shielding was a cool moment, but the issue did bring a couple of mysteries that I thought were interesting. The first is why would Soul Crusher, a human, want to unlock the dead zones? Maybe we'll soon find out who SC is really connected to. The second, and biggest part of the issue, is the Wanda premonition. Is it a ploy from Heaven to mess with him given Wanda is in Heaven? But at the same time, her moment along with Cy-gor telling Spawn to show mercy could be a sign for Al to not lose his way as it seemed like the series was headed to a place where Al could become the villain in his own book with how his actions have been. Certainly wonder if that will be developed more. If I had to point out a negative it would be the single page news bit. While a tradition in the Spawn series, when you have a fight issue like this you don't really want to grind it to a halt for a page that has nothing to do with the rest of the issue. Some monies are being moved around different countries isn't really all that interesting and the issue could have done without it. Other than that, pretty good straightforward fight issue with really good art as always.
    Well good you got caught p also king spawn has billy kincaid back again in case you needed some info along with sam and twitch. Also Gunslinger spawn is getting his own series and the scorched series is coming.

https://www.cbr.com/spawn-violator-clown-horrifying/

https://www.cbr.com/spawn-archnemesi...lgia-violator/

here is some what cbr had made last year or past months.
    Last edited by Toxin45; 08-05-2021 at 06:03 PM.

Mighty Member

https://www.bing.com/search?q=spawn+...DAF1=1&PC=NMTS

Made this on gamefaqs about spawn villains. Basically most people don't that much about spawn villains only violator and he isn't overexposed as joker and other stuff try reading it for yourself.

Fantastic Member

Thanks man! Its been good catching up and the Omega Spawn fight was pretty cool. Certainly will do a write up on that at some point. Looking forward to King Spawn #1 later this month and speaking of that, bit of an interesting article that has Todd clear up what King Spawn is meant to be - basically while the the main series will be the Batman core book of the universe, King Spawn will be the Detective Comics version of it exploring Spawn in other ways - https://screenrant.com/todd-mcfarlan...ined-comiccon/

Sean Lewis, who will co-write the series with Todd until he takes over fully starting with issue 3 said this -
    Although Todd McFarlane outlined the larger direction intended for King Spawn, he also stressed the importance of Lewis’ own voice in crafting the series. "You were like, don't worry about writing my Spawn or the Spawn you read," says Lewis. Lewis explains that the words offered to him by McFarlane after the Spawn creator hired him for the job helped free his creative process and allowed him to channel the writing voice that caught McFarlane's eye in the first place.
    While we have heard this before with other writers, now that the series will have multiple books, at the very least I hope Sean is granted freedom with King Spawn and is allowed to do his thing while Todd continues with the main series and Gunslinger though I had no idea that Gunslinger was also being co-written and by Ales Kot no less which makes me super excited to check that out as I am certainly a fan of Kot's (Zero and Generation Gone to name a few) work though his style certainly isn't for everyone so I am eager to see how that turns out.