Page 96 of 125 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1875

Thread: Spawn

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Just finished the Morrison run (16-18), and gotta say it’s my least favorite from the guest writers so far.

Don’t really know why Wynn was chosen to become the Anti-Spawn/Redeemer. Just didn’t make any sense.
    That doesn’t get explained until the Jim Downing era, (issues like… 225-250) touch on it, and I think some other issues later on close to 300 touch on it again. It’s really hard to remember to be honest, the explanation given.

To much time had passed for me to honestly care for the explanation to be given, but one is finally provided.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    That doesn’t get explained until the Jim Downing era, (issues like… 225-250) touch on it, and I think some other issues later on close to 300 touch on it again. It’s really hard to remember to be honest, the explanation given.

To much time had passed for me to honestly care for the explanation to be given, but one is finally provided.
    Good to know. Spawn, and the related titles are my current obsession. I currently own 1-79, 97, 100, Violator, Angela, Spawn/Witchblade, Blood Feud, Spawn/WildCATS, and the entire Curse of Spawn series. Hoping to finish buying the rest of the first 100 issues in the next couple months.

Mighty Member

Good to know. Spawn, and the related titles are my current obsession. I currently own 1-79, 97, 100, Violator, Angela, Spawn/Witchblade, Blood Feud, Spawn/WildCATS, and the entire Curse of Spawn series. Hoping to finish buying the rest of the first 100 issues in the next couple months.
    Jim downing replaced al for a while and fought new villains like Bludd and classic spawn villains like violator,malebolgia who came back in freak’s body,and finished off Jason wynn for good

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    Jim downing replaced al for a while and fought new villains like Bludd and classic spawn villains like violator,malebolgia who came back in freak’s body,and finished off Jason wynn for good
    I just looked him up, and I really like his aesthetic. I can’t wait to read more about him.

Is Spawn and Haunt related to each other?

Mighty Member

I just looked him up, and I really like his aesthetic. I can’t wait to read more about him.

Is Spawn and Haunt related to each other?
    yeahkinda Haunt was originally a seperate 30 issue series then he shows up in the downing arc and then in king spawn so i guess haunt universe is apart of the spawn verse now maybe todd's savior stuff would also be retconned to be apart of the spawn verse at this point.

yeahkinda Haunt was originally a seperate 30 issue series then he shows up in the downing arc and then in king spawn so i guess haunt universe is apart of the spawn verse now maybe todd's savior stuff would also be retconned to be apart of the spawn verse at this point.
    Thanks so much for the info! I really appreciate all your help!

Mighty Member

Thanks so much for the info! I really appreciate all your help!
    No Prob after the downing arc read spawn resurrections where Al comes back to becoming Spawn again. try the other spin-off titles like godslayer spawn,Dark Ages Spawn,Hellspawn,and more.

No Prob after the downing arc read spawn resurrections where Al comes back to becoming Spawn again. try the other spin-off titles like godslayer spawn,Dark Ages Spawn,Hellspawn,and more.
    I’ll definitely keep a lookout. I’m trying to do a read through right now.

I’m also watching Thirteen Ghosts and noticed the Spawn comics in Bobby’s room. Does anyone know which issues those were?

Mighty Member

Spawn 322 is out now

Looking forward to getting #322 at my LCS tomorrow.

Fantastic Member

Hey glad to have you on board! Spawn was my first ever comic I started to pick up so I can certainly relate to Spawn fever especially early on with the main book's early issues and the early side series like Violator and his second side series with Badrock, Spawn The Impaler, the two Batman crossovers which were weird, Angela/Glory and more. To the whole part of why Jason as the Redeemer/Anti-Spawn, it is in fact later explained during the Downing arc and you understand why Heaven and Hell deal with him that is interesting, but it just comes way too late for its own good.

Definitely be sure to check out the hardcovers for Hellspawn, Dark Ages and the Sam & Twitch complete collections as they can be expensive now, but if you can get them at a good price they are worth it and look great.

Fantastic Member

Spawn #322 - I'm going to assume Todd is pouring his time on Gunslinger #1 for next month while hitting the pause button on the main book because this was easily more skippable than the last issue. Based on the cover, you'd think you'll see Spawn and She-Spawn going to action but that doesn't happen. Going by the solicit for the issue you'll think you'll see Disruptor come back from Spawn Universe and Al be put in a situation where he has to be in two places at once, but can't be and as a result, someone dies, but none of that happens. Maybe it'll continue the Medieval Spawn bit given how 321 ended and Al being pointed about that? Nope, not that either. For some reason, this issue fills in what happened at Paul's house from the last issue and Al rescuing the hostages which we assume he did. It is an overly long torture issue that is completely unnecessary and does nothing to move anything forward. I'm not sure why this issue exists and Todd thought this was necessary.

King Spawn #2 - A weaker issue from the first for sure and makes me wonder how much of Todd's "Additional dialogue" makes up this issue because it feels like an issue that he would write, but is still okay with some cool art moments. We get a repetition of Al not wanting to work with Marc/Jessica which if I'm getting that from both King Spawn and the main book, that is a major no no from me and makes me wonder why they work with him in the first place if he is so dead set on working alone and they don't gain much from working with him. But it is almost uncanny how close this is to the time Kincaid first came back as we get a couple that are influenced by Kincaid to commit murder in DC that is meant to evoke the January Capitol Attack and push Spawn to do a shocking act and that is the one small difference between the two stories so far and hope that is being developed further as these actions and pushing of Spawn should end up changing Spawn in the public eye so the story has potential to set its own path and what keeps me interested. Nice to see Terry back, but Al mentions that there is animosity between the two which didn't seem to be the case given how these two characters were last with looking out for Cyan before the Dark Horror arc so it feels like making up tension and the fact we haven't seen Cyan in 3-4 years is an odd point to band together on when neither character have any idea where she is and what she is doing and that Al didn't tell Terry what happened to Wanda which feels wrong given their history.

Spectacular Member

I don’t know if anyone else is collecting the action figures but I thought I’d share my opinions. I finally got around to opening my latest acquisitions and I have to say I am so very impressed with this line already.

Malefik is from the Mortal Kombat line and he has a lot of cool details like the skull design on the leg and the paint and sculpt is very nice. I haven’t played MK so I don’t know anything about this look other than it is a different skin for Spawn.

I gave him the sword from MK Spawn and it suits him pretty well. I think the axe might be better still but I don’t have that version. MK Spawn got the necroplasm blasts that came with Malefik.

I was really surprised by how much I like Redeemer after getting it out of the package. He was the one I didn’t really care for as I didn’t like how he looked but in hand is a different thing entirely. He has such a presence especially with the wings on. I want to find a suitable flying stand because I think he would look fantastic in a flying pose on the shelf.

Mandarin is exceptional. The sculpt and detail really pops and I am now even considering getting the blue version as I think that will be a good companion piece. As has been mentioned, the lack of paint on the back is disappointing but I do have the deluxe version in transit so I look forward to opening that one up.

The Violator is an a absolute beast in every sense of the word. With the way modern toys are about reuse and smoother details this figure is a rare sight. The amount of detail in the sculpt is far superior to anything in quite a while. And the heft is something to behold in its own right. This figure would have to be high on the list of top toys of the year. It is really that good.

I still have the rest of the wave coming and a Gunslinger I haven’t opened yet because I’m waiting to see what the wave 2 version looks like but I am very invested in this line.

It is almost humorous to see McFarlane on top of his game again. The comics are more popular than they have been in years and McFarlane Toys are producing some of the best figures on the market, especially considering the price point.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I don’t know if anyone else is collecting the action figures but I thought I’d share my opinions. I finally got around to opening my latest acquisitions and I have to say I am so very impressed with this line already.

Malefik is from the Mortal Kombat line and he has a lot of cool details like the skull design on the leg and the paint and sculpt is very nice. I haven’t played MK so I don’t know anything about this look other than it is a different skin for Spawn.

I gave him the sword from MK Spawn and it suits him pretty well. I think the axe might be better still but I don’t have that version. MK Spawn got the necroplasm blasts that came with Malefik.

I was really surprised by how much I like Redeemer after getting it out of the package. He was the one I didn’t really care for as I didn’t like how he looked but in hand is a different thing entirely. He has such a presence especially with the wings on. I want to find a suitable flying stand because I think he would look fantastic in a flying pose on the shelf.

Mandarin is exceptional. The sculpt and detail really pops and I am now even considering getting the blue version as I think that will be a good companion piece. As has been mentioned, the lack of paint on the back is disappointing but I do have the deluxe version in transit so I look forward to opening that one up.

The Violator is an a absolute beast in every sense of the word. With the way modern toys are about reuse and smoother details this figure is a rare sight. The amount of detail in the sculpt is far superior to anything in quite a while. And the heft is something to behold in its own right. This figure would have to be high on the list of top toys of the year. It is really that good.

I still have the rest of the wave coming and a Gunslinger I haven’t opened yet because I’m waiting to see what the wave 2 version looks like but I am very invested in this line.

It is almost humorous to see McFarlane on top of his game again. The comics are more popular than they have been in years and McFarlane Toys are producing some of the best figures on the market, especially considering the price point.
    Hey keep the toy thoughts coming I say. Certainly, a way to keep the conversation going and I appreciate it.

Been meaning to get the MK11 Spawn figure but just haven't gotten around to it yet. I used to have the Future Spawn figure which was pretty cool, but over time one of the arms broke. Still have the Spawnmobile though which is pretty cool, but wonder how much more impressive a modern take with current modeling techniques could make it look.

Incredible Member

I swung by my local comic shop and picked up the new Spawn collection, issues 1-50. Definitely didn’t need it, but it’s nice to have nearby my art desk for art reference. Can’t wait for the second collection to drop (when and if).