Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Emilio Garra View Post
    Or maybe they just want the X-Men films to feel like the actual X-Men. The X-films have kinda divided the fans of the franchise whereas the MCU it seems the fans are all unified because they know the characters they love are treated with respect. I personally don't care about studios and all that jazz, just treat the characters I grew up with with the proper respect they deserve.
    A lot of people would argue and say that Fox does treat them with respect and that Dismarvel does nothing but joke around.

Spectacular Member Emilio Garra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    A lot of people would argue and say that Fox does treat them with respect and that Dismarvel does nothing but joke around.
    I doubt Cyclops, Storm, Rogue, Jean, and soon to be Jubilee fans feel that way. I think the whole joking aspect of the MCU films are way overblown by the fact that the X-films have a tone that don't feel like comic book films where as the Marvel flicks have embraced it.

I don't think X-men: Apocalypse needs any further promotion. Fox already pays people to do that. Besides, I think the biggest promotion this movie could've gotten already happened a few months ago when Deadpool came out. That movie raised the bar for X-men movies of all kinds. Maybe it'll show in X-men Apocalypse. I don't see how any further marketing efforts will change the plans of those who intend to see this movie.

But as I've said in other threads, I do believe X-men Apocalypse is going to fall short of Civil War. It might even struggle to catch Dawn of Justice at the box office when all is said and done in 2016. X-men Apocalypse is entering a crowded marketplace where Deadpool has already disrupted the dynamics of superhero movies. It'll still turn a profit for Fox. That much is almost a given. But I don't think more promotions at this point will change the final outcome.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I doubt Cyclops, Storm, Rogue, Jean, and soon to be Jubilee fans feel that way. I think the whole joking aspect of the MCU films are way overblown by the fact that the X-films have a tone that don't feel like comic book films where as the Marvel flicks have embraced it.
    I completely agree.

Honestly, I think this movie will do fine with critics and the box offiice.
    Last edited by Celestial; 04-18-2016 at 09:54 AM.

BANNED

It's already May fellow Storm fans.

Spectacular Member

Can't wait!!! 3 more weeks

BANNED

Fellow X-men fans. I know we're going crazy over the mixed reviews of the movie X-men: Apocalypse. But once again, most people do not rely on reviews especially those people who don't check on the internet, so let's continue to make hype for the movie. Inform and excite anyone to watch the X-men movie. Fox already did their part putting X-men: Apocalypse billboards which they haven't done (or not as wide as now) previously. Multiple companies have also showed their support in promoting X-men: Apocalypse like M&M, Caltex, Sky Fibre, etc.

So let's just do our own thing here, complaining, explaining, etc but continue to inform people around you to watch the movie.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Fellow X-men fans. I know we're going crazy over the mixed reviews of the movie X-men: Apocalypse. But once again, most people do not rely on reviews especially those people who don't check on the internet, so let's continue to make hype for the movie. Inform and excite anyone to watch the X-men movie. Fox already did their part putting X-men: Apocalypse billboards which they haven't done (or not as wide as now) previously. Multiple companies have also showed their support in promoting X-men: Apocalypse like M&M, Caltex, Sky Fibre, etc.

So let's just do our own thing here, complaining, explaining, etc but continue to inform people around you to watch the movie.
    Indeed RLAAMJR. Heard about the Review on the TV Forums and I have to give my Honestly Opinion on it.................I Really don't care what they say.

Yea, I really DON'T EVER Read Reviewers before I see a movie, especially one I truly want to see before I see it. I have had bad reviewers spoil good plot and story flows thanks to them, so I put a near all Band on them before I see the movie. Some exceptions like for Captain America: Civil War I Watched Angry Joe None Spoilers and Andre "Black Nerd" None Spoilers, but I knew they would be good at not spoiling important points.

So Yea, NOPE did not read those Reviews at all and will be Not BE Reading any outside of trusted sources, but even so I AM STILL Planning on Seeing the Apocalypse When it Comes out, BARN NONE!!!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Spectacular Member Emilio Garra's Avatar

Having read as many spoilers from different sources for this movie and after piecing it all together, I can't in good conscience recommend this movie to any X-Men fans. Though the post credit scene seems to be kinda interesting if it's setting up the 3rd Wolverine movie. Especially if a certain clone is set to debut there.

Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    A lot of people would be wrong assuming both of those things.

Nope. I heard it stinks and, after seeing Deadpool, I REALLY want Singer GONE. FOX can put out a great, and accurate, CBM if the right people are involved. FOX gets all the blame when, as I now see, Singer is the one to blame...

BANNED

I like the "looks" of it.

There, I've done my part.

i dont promote things i dont believe in. and i certainly dont believe in singer's version never have never will.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Having read as many spoilers from different sources for this movie and after piecing it all together, I can't in good conscience recommend this movie to any X-Men fans. Though the post credit scene seems to be kinda interesting if it's setting up the 3rd Wolverine movie. Especially if a certain clone is set to debut there.
    Really? Because from what I heard Scott, Jean, and Kurt finally get their due.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Nope. I heard it stinks and, after seeing Deadpool, I REALLY want Singer GONE. FOX can put out a great, and accurate, CBM if the right people are involved. FOX gets all the blame when, as I now see, Singer is the one to blame...
    Actually, a lot of the critics didn't like it that much because it isn't like his previous X-films, but just hero vs baddie. And that the villians are underdeveloped.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 05-10-2016 at 07:31 PM.