Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Janelle Asselin speaks about Eddie Berganza

so with news about shelly bond being fired from Vertigo, comics readers and journalists started question why DC hired a high quality editor and let sexual harasser stays.

so janelle asselin ex-dc comics editor came out and outed Berganza as a sexual harasser:

Nick hanover has been saying this for a long time and many didn't wanted to believe him:

I think it is time for fans take action against this injustice.
    Last edited by Kuwagaton; 04-21-2016 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Bad tangent

BANNED

I'm about to start a campaign toget berganza out of DC comics even if I will have to drop the superman books I want to read.

the thing is that DC said many times that I'm not welcomed as a female reader, and it is not only me that feels the same thing https://momsreadcomics.com/2016/04/2...rsonal-choice/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    I'm about to start a campaign toget berganza out of DC comics
    Good luck with that (I'm serious), but let me give you an unsolicited advice: when you will expose the reasons for your campaign, don't say that New52 Superman being in love with Wonder Woman is a consequence of Eddie Berganza being a harasser. Trust me, it isn't a good idea. No joke.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    Good luck with that (I'm serious), but let me give you an unsolicited advice: when you will expose the reasons for your campaign, don't say that New52 Superman being in love with Wonder Woman is a consequence of Eddie Berganza being a harasser. Trust me, it isn't a good idea. No joke.
    that is not the reason, just a consequence of having a sexual harasser comanding things

Yes, Eddie Berganza is a criminal and should be fired. Yes, this is a truly major problem and yes, we should shout from the rooftops that Berganza is a serial harasser and DC is trying to wand-wave it away like they're the Catholic Church.
    Last edited by Adekis; 04-21-2016 at 09:14 AM.

If a sadist was in charge of Superman output for last few years, it would explain a ton of stuff. Tay may be onto something as usual.

Pity I can't help with the boycott..my Superman purchases are already at zero.

I'm all for getting Eddie of the superman books. Even if he was a saint, I think he's a poor editor.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

So anyway, let's all head back to Janelle, Shelly, and Eddie and discuss it with respect for the situation and people involved.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

1. Along with Janelle Asselin, Hellcat writer Kate Leth and Jem and the Holograms artist Sophie Campbell are also attesting to Berganza's status as a serial harasser being widely known in the industry (Campbell even notes she turned down drawing the Supergirl book for unease about working with him), with Lois Lane: Fallout writer Gwenda Bond chiming in with agreement. This is considerably more than one or two supposed bitter former creators making 'wild accusations'.

2. While I don't quite have the conviction to ditch everything, all but a handful of the books I was considering picking up for Rebirth are now very much out the window for me personally, and all of the remaining books with the possible exception of Supergirl - I'm sympathetic to those working under the current situation just trying to make a name for themselves - are outside Berganza's purview.

3. There's now at least one woman working in the Superman office (Emanuela Lupacchino), and while in principle a positive development, this also means that any questions about Berganza's harassment are now extremely pertinent, as the rumored 'quarantine' of him working in the Superman office to isolate him from potential victims has now been broken.
    Buh-bye

This is getting ridiculous, in such a sad and terrible way. More people are coming out and talking about Berganza and DC does nothing while a well-liked, exceptional, talent like Shelly Bond is the one who's removed from the company? Really?

Not only does the last sentence in the OP make light of an extremely serious subject, it's also excellent ammunition for anyone who would like to dismiss these allegations as comic book fans acting like stereotypical comic book fans. It's a relevant point to discuss on a Superman fan forum for sure, but in this specific context it's extremely out of place.

About the situation in itself; I'm glad Asselin has put her ass on the line here, she's doing good and important work. However, I also wish this doesn't turn into trial by social media. I realize that it's a tough and tricky situation for the victims, but if it could turn into proper action through the right channels I think we'd not only have a better chance of achieving a result, it would also be one based on due process rather than anonymous outrage.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    4. There's now at least one woman working in the Superman office (Emanuela Lupacchino), and while in principle a positive development, this also means that any questions about Berganza's harassment are now extremely pertinent, as the rumored 'quarantine' of him working in the Superman office to isolate him from potential victims has now been broken.

emanuela seems like a exception
    Last edited by Tayswift; 04-21-2016 at 10:19 AM.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I have no idea who Nick Hanover is, but everyone else chiming in is driving it home in a big way.

It sucks about Bond, but I guess it wasn't as galvanizing otherwise. The thing is that I dunno if this is really a point where DC will address it. Although that's a decent thing to do, it causes a lot of problems in this very second. But it's not a new thing.

Nothing that Janelle Asselin is saying here is new. She is still angry as she was before. A woman got fired from position DC decided that want to re-evaluate and she's miffed it is a woman and not the guy with a bad rep. It's unfortunate to see the person go for some people.
    Last edited by hellacre; 04-21-2016 at 11:51 AM.

Astonishing Member

This is pretty sad on DC's part; they need to pull their heads out of their asses as far as this goes and give this guy the boot already.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory