Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What will the cover to Superman #52 look like?

Right now, for Superman #52, the final new52 Superman book before Rebirth, scheduled for May 25, Comixology is showing just the word Superman written out in the stylized logo on a red background. Previously, it was showing just the Kal-El family crest (aka the big "S" on the Superman uniform). That looks like a placeholder to me, because they don't want to reveal the cover, which may contain a spoiler for upcoming Superman titles.

What do you think the real cover is? Superman dead in SuperDad's arms? Clark Kent's grave? What are some other possibilities?

Oh, also, if you happen to actually know that the cover I am seeing right now is *not* a placeholder, feel free to let me know that, too. Same goes for if you have a link to a website showing the actual cover, and Comixology just doesn't have it yet.
    Last edited by SuperCrab; 04-16-2016 at 06:04 PM.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

That's been shown as the cover for it before, I imagine either there's going to be a major change, a major spoilery variant, or the Comixology system just hasn't put it in yet for some reason.
    Buh-bye

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrab View Post
    Right now, for Superman #52, the final new52 Superman book before Rebirth, scheduled for May 25, Comixology is showing just the word Superman written out in the stylized logo on a red background. Previously, it was showing just the Kal-E family crest (aka the big "S" on the Superman uniform). That looks like a placeholder to me, because they don't want to reveal the cover, which may contain a spoiler for upcoming Superman titles.

What do you think the real cover is? Superman dead in SuperDad's arms? Clark Kent's grave? What are some other possibilities?

Oh, also, if you happen to actually know that the cover I am seeing right now is *not* a placeholder, feel free to let me know that, too. Same goes for if you have a link to a website showing the actual cover, and Comixology just doesn't have it yet.
    Hmm...I remember seeing a cover a few weeks ago for the final chapter of SUPERLEAGUE showing Nuperman, Superdad, Supergirl , Batman and Wonder Woman all recoiling from some guy that looked like he was wearing the suit of the masked Superman from FUTURE's END going Super nova. I thought THAT was the solicited cover to SUPERMAN #52, and I also saw a variant too recreating the Perez cover of issue #1 showing Superman holding a flaming Daily Planet globe. I will have to investigate. Perhaps they are now being used for an earlier chapter of SUPERLEAGUE and the finished cover is a spoiler.

EDIT: Yep Dispenser of Truth's post is the cover I'm describing.

I'm sort of hoping its a recreation of the famous cover of Crisis #7, except this time it's Supergirl holding the lifeless body of Nuperman as the rest of the heroes look on.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Superman #52 cover will look like that:

In SM #52, Superman discovers that he's not really dying and, to not to look like an idiot after telling everyone that he's about to die, Clark fakes his death and goes on vacation indefinitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

In SM #52, Superman discovers that he's not really dying and, to not to look like an idiot after telling everyone that he's about to die, Clark fakes his death and goes on vacation indefinitely.
    Perhaps we see a scene of Perry White going to a cafe on the french Rivera sometime later and ordering a drink. As he waits, We see something catching his eye and with an elated look on his face and he gives a nod. It's Nuperman in civilian clothes nodding back who is sitting across from Diana also in civilian clothes.

Meanwhile, Joseph Gordon Levitt follows a set of mysterious co-ordinates to the artic circle and finds what he thinks is a fancy igloo. He repels inside and as soon as he lands, a bunch of kryptonian service robots show up and gather around him. He takes a few more steps and a platform raises him up as the scene goes dark.

THE MAN OF STEEL RISES

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Perhaps we see a scene of Perry White going to a cafe on the french Rivera sometime later and ordering a drink. As he waits, We see something catching his eye and with an elated look on his face and he gives a nod. It's Nuperman in civilian clothes nodding back who is sitting across from Diana also in civilian clothes.

Meanwhile, Joseph Gordon Levitt follows a set of mysterious co-ordinates to the artic circle and finds what he thinks is a fancy igloo. He repels inside and as soon as he lands, a bunch of kryptonian service robots show up and gather around him. He takes a few more steps and a platform raises him up as the scene goes dark.

THE MAN OF STEEL RISES

LOL.

Of course, Joseph Gordon Levitt's character middle name is "superboy". John Superboy Blake.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 04-16-2016 at 06:08 PM.

Astonishing Member

THE MAN OF STEEL RISES

My sides have left orbit.

I kind of want this to happen now.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

BANNED

this is the cover on previews world, that is the diamond site

Perhaps we see a scene of Perry White going to a cafe on the french Rivera sometime later and ordering a drink. As he waits, We see something catching his eye and with an elated look on his face and he gives a nod. It's Nuperman in civilian clothes nodding back who is sitting across from Lois.

THE MAN OF STEEL RISES

fixed for you
    Last edited by Tayswift; 04-16-2016 at 06:16 PM.

LOL.

Of course, Joseph Gordon Levitt's character middle name is "superboy". John Superboy Blake.
    Instead of Perry, perhaps it's Bruce Wayne at the cafe.

"hmm...there's an idea if I ever want to fake my death". he thinks.

It's like poetry. It rhymes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post

this is the cover on previews world, that is the diamond site

fixed for you
    Ok...fine it works that way too...

and thats the cover to #51.

BANNED

Ok...fine it works that way too...

and thats the cover to #51.
    so I guess previews is wrong. comixology has no cover https://www.comixology.com/Superman-...nRBZGRpdGlvbnM and DC site has only the variant

Instead of Perry, perhaps it's Bruce Wayne at the cafe.

"hmm...there's an idea if I ever want to fake my death". he thinks.

It's like poetry. It rhymes.

The idea come full circle.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post

At the time I liked that cover ... After revealing the future of superman, not so much ..

Although I admit it's spectacular.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    At the time I liked that cover ... After revealing the future of superman, not so much ..

Although I admit it's spectacular.
    Notice on the cover Nuperman is shielding Lois from the solar flare. Is this hinting at what happens inside the issue? Nuperman " dies" saving his Lois. Maybe in the wake of the flare Nuperman disappears leaving behind a super powered Lois, leaving his fate somewhat vague going into rebirth.

Kinda looks like Batman is trying to protect her as well though. So it could just be creative licence within the cover, showing two heroes trying to protect the one normal in the pic (Bruce is technically normal, but you know, goddamn Batman and all that). Either way though I do hope in the end his fate is vague.

And I'm guessing now that the guy flaring in the cover is the convict.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El