Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast
    -NoMoreMutants-

Default Get ready to say goodbye to the X-Men.

Most of you reading this will initially react to what i have to say with skepticism. I'm a brand new poster with no posts. That's understandable. But i can only assure you that what i have to say in at this time and present is 100% true and will happen. I obviously can't release my sources but it's actually become an open secret within the marvel offices, and many are NOT happy. There have been a few leaks by various ''in the know'' people who work at marvel within the community and on personal blogs over the last few days. Don't be surprised when other sites/blogs start to come forward with more information soon. Obviously, these leaks on personal blogs have been redacted very quickly. Onto the dire news:

Marvel WILL be rebooting their entire line next summer, and they will be rebooting it without the X-Men. Without mutants at all. This includes Wolverine, Storm & Cyclops. Every mutant is gone. However, The Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver will be reintroduced as Inhumans. Although this won't apply to any other X-Men related characters. Currently unsure what will happen with Namor. It's currently unknown if any of the X-Men will ever return to the comics, but if they do it won't be for quite a while.

The X-Men as we know them will cease to exist by the end of Axis. Whatever this means, the end result is that the X-Men are finished. For the second time in 3 years the Avengers office will be hijacking what's going on in the X-Books to further their own stories, and once again Cyclops, as the face of the X-Men, will be portrayed as a villain. They're having him go full Magneto and he will die at the end of the event in shame. Bendis is NOT happy about having his stories hijacked by the higher ups, but he's going to be documenting Cyclops decent into insanity in the post ''Will'' issues of Uncanny so his characterization in Axis fits. Once Cyclops dies and with Wolverine also dead the X-Men will be reunited under Havok's leadership for a few short weeks in real time until the reboot, where all X-Books will be cancelled. The idea is, with Cyclops dead and buried, Marvel no longer have to worry about their ''mutant problem''. I can also confirm that the Scarlet Witch is the ''hero'' of Axis.

I know it sounds too crazy to be true, but i assure you it all is. There are clues for those who know what to look for ''out there'' already. I will update this thread as myself am updated.
    Last edited by -NoMoreMutants-; 06-23-2014 at 11:32 AM.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

April Fools was a few months ago, dude. You're late.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Bye X-Men! Bye!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    April Fools was a few months ago, dude. You're late.
    I've heard this from other sources. I can confirm what he's saying is legit.

Sickening, but given the higher ups recent spiteful behavior, not all that surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage! View Post
    I've heard this from other sources. I can confirm what he's saying is legit.

Totally sickening, but given the higher up's recent spiteful behavior, not all that surprising.
    I cling to dear life for this to not be true ;-; and like a decent skeptic, will not give it credence sans good backup info. u.u

And if it is, may Cyclops repossess the Phoenix and Burn ALL THE MUTANT INFIDELS >:/
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    I cling to dear life for this to not be true ;-; and like a decent skeptic, will not give it credence sans good backup info. u.u

And if it is, may Cyclops repossess the Phoenix and Burn ALL THE MUTANT INFIDELS >:/
    Well, at least you have time to prepare. Better now than when reading the issues.

I guess someone took Cyclops being right realllllly personally lol.

Astonishing Member

wiping the fantastic four out is one thing; marvel isn't stupid enough to do it to the x-men. limit the amount of books perhaps; but cancel them all? no.

i could see the x-men effectivly being broken off into a vertigo-like imprint where the superhero genre doesn't constrain advangement and character development; with amazign and UA kept around in the main MU

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage! View Post
    Well, at least you have time to prepare. Better now than when reading the issues.

I guess someone took Cyclops being right realllllly personally lol.
    Nah, but if they are charging Cyke for mass murder, might as well he cut his losses and go Xavier on errone

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    wiping the fantastic four out is one thing; marvel isn't stupid enough to do it to the x-men. limit the amount of books perhaps; but cancel them all? no.

i could see the x-men effectivly being broken off into a vertigo-like imprint where the superhero genre doesn't constrain advangement and character development; with amazign and UA kept around in the main MU
    Would this mean Uncanny Avengers was totes useless? And that Wanda and Pietro are now "Miracles"?

Astonishing Member

I'm taking this with a dose of skepticism, but since I find all this somewhat plausible it really makes me sick to my stomach.

Yeah, I didn't believe Bleedingcool about the Fantastic Four so I'm surely not going to believe some random poster that there will be no x-men. Granted, I could believe that Marvel would reboot the Marvel Universe but I refuse to believe they just decide to get rid of the X-men, which is marvel's second biggest franchise either behind or tied with the Avengers.

Honestly, all I know for sure is that this post is going to cause nothing but angry comments between people who think its true or false.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post

What gives you the impression that that higher ups could give a crap about the comics division? Things have went really bad between Fox & Marvel recently and from what it seems, they don't care how it looks. They don't want to advertise fox movies.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Honestly, all I know for sure is that this post is going to cause nothing but angry comments between people who think its true or false.
    I have enough clout with people who are regular on this forum for them to know i wouldn't just ''lie'' about hearing this from other people. I don't know if this is how it will play out in the end game, but this is what is currently planned.

I don't know who the OP's sources are, but mine have always been reliable.
    Last edited by Optic Rage!; 06-23-2014 at 11:56 AM.

I can believe the canceliing of the FF, though. They haven't been relevant or selling well in a while. Hell, in AvX, THING was the only one involved. and that's probably just because they wanted Namor-bait.

Oh wow. Didn't that colorist let it slip they were going to reboot Marvel next summer? And the FF stuff turned out to be true after all.
    By erasing the X-Men, they'd lose most of their prominent female and minority characters. It'd look really bad.

Reason #48 this seems unlikely...

The upcoming Storm monthly.

Why would they kick off a solo title with a character they plan on locking in the Disney vault?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Be prepared for another response from Brevort on tumblr about this latest rumor then. Lol.

The initial post shouldn't be so dismissed. A lot of signs point to this potentially happening but if Marvel trues does a reboot and gets rid of the X-Men they will face a lot of backlash. Especially if they have the audacity to announce it at Comic-Con.