Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Yeah, I was buying into this until you said UXM #22 had over 120K in orders.
    Er, i never said this? You must be confused.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Yeah, I was buying into this until you said UXM #22 had over 120K in orders.
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/06/...nily-original/

Mighty Member

Daredevil rights were not sold to Disney. The failed to make a picture in the allotted time frame and the rights reverted on their own.

That's a list of comics that were bought by consumers on Wednesday, not the highest sellers to comic shops.
    Last edited by Dog; 06-23-2014 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaishakh View Post
    But movies arent really the only option they have. They can easily make an animated series or even animated movie(not sure about this one) or games .So its not like X-men have very low selling potential for Marvel
    I'm pretty sure that is all FOX IP too, but im not sure. If it isn't then you have a good point.

Edit

About the 120k sales thing, that still means little. Disney won't even make $1 off of each sell. One uplift from 50k to 120k isn't going to matter. I mean, that raccoon guy from the GOTG (don't even know his name) got 400k.
    Last edited by Runarc; 06-23-2014 at 01:14 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Runarc View Post
    I'm pretty sure that is all FOX IP too, but im not sure. If it isn't then you have a good point.
    Marvel can freely make an X-Men cartoon if they want to. Just like they make a Spider-Man cartoon. Television rights are not film rights.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage! View Post
    Er, i never said this? You must be confused.
    Really? That is just some list for the week compiled based on what a handful of stores reportedly sold over two days, and it does not even say how it is determined.

Nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    Marvel can freely make an X-Men cartoon if they want to. Just like they make a Spider-Man cartoon. Television rights are not film rights.
    good point. where is the x-men cartoon?

BANNED

Marvel are obviously never going to go down the animated route with the X-Men again, that's their main way of attracting young/future fans so it's obviously never going to happen.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Is Val's old thread relevant again?

If Disney/Marvel do go down this route, I will not be buying any of the their titles. I'll probably just add more books from their Direct Competitor.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Runarc View Post
    Disney pretty much has the animated rights(not sure if it extends to movies) and the games rights as well. Marvel and Fox both share the right to make live action series with permission from other party. Basically all X-men boot will bring Marvel will be less money and a lot of negative publicity

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    He failed to convince Disney lol
    Haha) Hilarious

I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    The point I'm making is that Marvel isn't doing this so we can keep enjoying comics and collecting. They're doing it to limit our choices at Marvel to Avengers and probably the Inhumans and gain readers for those franchises. And a lot of readers aren't going to "just read Avengers now" if the X-Men weren't an option.
    No.

If YOU want to be limited in YOUR reading choices that is entirely up to YOU. It's not MArvel's fault you decided that the only comics and characters worth reading were the X-Men.

Marvel is certainly not holding a gun to MY head and forcing me to read Avengers and/or Inhumans (if I have absolutely no interest in doing so)...and I most certainly intend to keep enjoying and collecting comics, no matter wot Marvel intends to do in the near future.

Again, Marvel is just one publisher...a big publisher, and historically prominent no doubt...but just one of many.

When and if a reboot is done...just as I did with DC...I will see wot interests me and ignore the rest.
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jeeper 2.0 View Post
    This would be a huge public relations fail if Marvel went this route. Marvel would be losing a huge amount of money if they made this decision. I can't see it happening. They'd basically be writing off a huge bloc of fans who would NOT come back. Hell, I'd never collect Marvel comics again because other than the X-Men I don't care about their roster.

I completely agree. I've been collecting Marvel comics for the past 25 years. If this happens I will have no problem dropping every single Marvel book.

Which Side Are You On? Invisible Man's Avatar

I said goodbye after part 19 of the X-tinction Agenda. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twenty more times, really big shame on you!

Now I just visit when the weather is nice.