Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Reason #48 this seems unlikely...

The upcoming Storm monthly.

Why would they kick off a solo title with a character they plan on locking in the Disney vault?
    Because things can change in marvel from one moment to another i guess. They have been saying for YEARS that they would never reboot, but its been leaked by quite a few people now that it's happening.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Be prepared for another response from Brevort on tumblr about this latest rumor then. Lol.

The initial post shouldn't be so dismissed. A lot of signs point to this potentially happening but if Marvel trues does a reboot and gets rid of the X-Men they will face a lot of backlash. Especially if they have the audacity to announce it at Comic-Con.
    There's where Cyclops' Revolution will happen XD
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Oh how I wish this was true.
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    There's where Cyclops' Revolution will happen XD
    I expect you to be with the cabal

I'm hoping this isn't true, but if it is then I have a good reason to stop buying comics altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    I expect you to be with the cabal
    Of course. I expect every poster here to know that Cyclops is the one orchestrating this X-men removal, so that a few months later, he is the only surviving X-men. All the whining of Cyclops' rise being on the backs of characters like Jean, Xavier and Storm will finally be rendered fully true, with said character to blame. Not the writers, not the fans, he, Scott Summers, fictional character and the Real X-man (Almost died laffing typing this >: D )

But being serious:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashan View Post
    I'm hoping this isn't true, but if it is then I have a good reason to stop buying comics altogether.
    This would be the silver lining.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

BANNED

Wow, even if this is fake, it sounds exactly like the kind of ending Marvel would pull to end the X-Men. Not surprised in the least, and nor will I be surprised if this rumor is false. Either situation sounds 100% plausible. Saddest part is I am not all the emotionally affected by this possible/inevitable ending to the X-Men franchise. The fun has been dead for some time and I seriously cannot muster up enough emotional investment to care.

Holy crap that is insane if this is true. I don't think it is but I definitely will have my eyes glued with these next couple of issues coming up.

BANNED

At least they'll finally get what they've wanted for years. The Avengers outselling The X-Men. Granted, that's because there won't be any more X-Men comics, but lbr, that was the only way it was ever going to happen.

Hopefully Scott gets to murder some Avengers before Axis is over, at least.

BANNED

I wish I care enough about the X-Men to care about this. But sadly the franchise, sans movies recently, have dropped in quality so cancelling it is a mercy kill to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage! View Post
    Because things can change in marvel from one moment to another i guess. They have been saying for YEARS that they would never reboot, but its been leaked by quite a few people now that it's happening.
    Except this would be fairly rapid change, especially since Marvel had Pak promoting the title in the New York Comic Con Special Edition less than two weeks back.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Amazing Member

Oh, I'm glad someone else finally corroborated on this. I'd been looking for another veritable source for this information.

I guess Marvel decided they didn't really want any books with minorities or women. Especially a combination of the two. I suppose on a positive note, I'll never have to read about that Haüsfrau Jean Grey again.

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage! View Post
    At least they'll finally get what they've wanted for years. The Avengers outselling The X-Men. Granted, that's because there won't be any more X-Men comics, but lbr, that was the only way it was ever going to happen.

Hopefully Scott gets to murder some Avengers before Axis is over, at least.
    I'll laugh if he kills Avengers while controlled by Xavier's brain. The dude just can't let him go!
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessatnoon View Post
    Oh, I'm glad someone else finally corroborated on this. I'd been looking for another veritable source for this information.

I guess Marvel decided they didn't really want any books with minorities or women. Especially a combination of the two. I suppose on a positive note, I'll never have to read about that Haüsfrau Jean Grey again.
    That's the saddest part. "Oh, but Ms. Marvel and Young Avengers are Diverse and LGBT friendly. That's all you need!"

/SIGH

And here I was, wondering when the hell Emma would be written properly again. Bah!

Anyway. If this were true, I do hope they at least let All New X-Factor run its course and not cancel it midway or what.

this is horrifying and if it happens i will stop my purchases with marvel altogether.