Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Every tweet Rob Liefeld makes about the success of X-Men DOFP makes me believe this more and more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Except this would be fairly rapid change, especially since Marvel had Pak promoting the title in the New York Comic Con Special Edition less than two weeks back.
    When is the axe coming down? April, May? That is almost a year and with double shipping the book, sales allowing, will probably last at least 12 issues. Why not release it if they can make money on it before the mandate takes effect?

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Reason #48 this seems unlikely...

The upcoming Storm monthly.

Why would they kick off a solo title with a character they plan on locking in the Disney vault?
    that storm monthly that was probably greenlit before the current de-emphasizing of specific properties was in place?

A book, if all goes well, will still have 12 issues under its belt (12 issues the average, nominal run for an ongoing anyway)

BANNED

Except this would be fairly rapid change, especially since Marvel had Pak promoting the title in the New York Comic Con Special Edition less than two weeks back.
    They still want to make as much money from Storm's solo while they can. Really though, the meta message of them finally giving a black female a solo only to cancel it within a few issues is all kinds of messed up.

I really hope there's been some sort of huge misunderstanding, but it does not sound that way. Hopefully some sort of early uproar might get them to change some things.

Quote Originally Posted by Neun View Post
    Anyway. If this were true, I do hope they at least let All New X-Factor run its course and not cancel it midway or what.
    He will have to wrap by next summer.
    Last edited by Optic Rage!; 06-23-2014 at 12:12 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I will be interested in watching if anything develops in other aspects of licensing, particularly video and board games. I do not know how much heads up these other companies are going to need or if they will be affected if Marvel tries to stamp out X-Men from anything they feel their brand is promoting.

I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fod_xp View Post
    Wow, even if this is fake, it sounds exactly like the kind of ending Marvel would pull to end the X-Men. Not surprised in the least, and nor will I be surprised if this rumor is false. Either situation sounds 100% plausible. Saddest part is I am not all the emotionally affected by this possible/inevitable ending to the X-Men franchise. The fun has been dead for some time and I seriously cannot muster up enough emotional investment to care.
    So true, the bolded.

I am buying only one x-book (ANXF) now, two...when Storm launches.

Marvel can do wot the bloody hell they want with the mutants...I truly stopped caring a while ago.
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

There's no way this is true. Marvel is NOT going to reboot. They may retcon and readjust the timeline. They do it all the time. But there's no way they would reboot or ditch the X-men. The X-men comics are still high sellers. All-New X-men, Uncanny X-men, and Amazing X-men are all still top 50 sellers. Getting rid of them would be very bad for business, no matter how much they hate Fox for having the movie rights in perpetuity. I suspect you might be relying on the rumors reported by Bleeding Cool. While Bleeding Cool does have a track record of getting some things right, such as the Death of Wolverine, this just doesn't make business sense from Marvel's perspective. And since Marvel is a business last I checked, I think it's a pretty safe assumption they're not going to risk the integrity of their line just to spite Fox.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

While I still do care a lot about the Mutants I can't say same thing for the rest of marvel, so has son they reboot and end the X-men I'll have more money to expend in other things. They'll be freeing my soul from the comics.

Well at least I hope that a lot of the avengers get killed in the least breathe of the X-men, so I can have some fun before the end.
    Last edited by AnaFrost01; 06-23-2014 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    There's no way this is true. Marvel is NOT going to reboot. They may retcon and readjust the timeline. They do it all the time. But there's no way they would reboot or ditch the X-men. The X-men comics are still high sellers. All-New X-men, Uncanny X-men, and Amazing X-men are all still top 50 sellers. Getting rid of them would be very bad for business, no matter how much they hate Fox for having the movie rights in perpetuity. I suspect you might be relying on the rumors reported by Bleeding Cool. While Bleeding Cool does have a track record of getting some things right, such as the Death of Wolverine, this just doesn't make business sense from Marvel's perspective. And since Marvel is a business last I checked, I think it's a pretty safe assumption they're not going to risk the integrity of their line just to spite Fox.
    It's not about what Marvel would want. It's about what Disney wants and it's known that they don't play nice with Fox in addition with the CEO known for being spiteful.

Well, if this were to be true, once Kitty, Lockheed and Illyana were out of monthly books - I would be out too. Probably check a few websites to make sure they didn't come back at one point but what would be the point of reading Marvel comics when their best characters are locked in a vault?
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

I only really read x-books... so that's money in my pocket if they reboot with out the X-Men. They eliminate half of their line by doing so... good luck with that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I only really read x-books... so that's money in my pocket if they reboot with out the X-Men. They eliminate half of their line by doing so... good luck with that.
    They will hope to gain that back with Inhumans and other properties. There are a lot of people reading X-Men who probably will find something else Marvel to read instead and even people looking for something else that might find it once X-Men is not hogging the talent it has been.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    It's not about what Marvel would want. It's about what Disney wants and it's known that they don't play nice with Fox in addition with the CEO known for being spiteful.
    But Disney is still in the business of making money. That much is beyond dispute. And this kind of spite would cost Disney a lot in terms of revenue and consumer interest. It makes no business sense because Fox only has the movie rights. They don't have the rights to make animated cartoons. They don't have the rights to produce their own comics. Marvel and Disney still have that power and to not use it would be like setting a pile of money on fire. No business, no matter how vindictive, just throws money away like that even if it's just a small chunk of their enterprise. Now I don't doubt that Marvel and Disney despise Fox for what they've done with X-men and Fantastic Four. I'm sure there are some at Marvel who lose sleep every night over the deal they signed with Fox back when Marvel was on the brink of bankruptcy. But they still have resources to make money off of X-men. They wouldn't be putting their top talent, like Brian Michael Bendis, on the X-men if they didn't want it to succeed. Bendis himself pointed this out on his Tumblr and it makes sense too. I'm not saying Marvel will never reboot, but given their recent rhetoric, I doubt they will anytime soon. It would take a major shakeup in the editorial department for that to happen.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

I told you all the movies were going to be the death of the comic books.

Not only have the stories been dumbed-down to preserve any possible film properties, now we're getting deemphasized characters just because of rights issues.

I'm interested to see what Bendis does here, if this comes to play. Does he play the good Marvel stooge or does he flex more of a backbone and takes his efforts to the competition (or goes full indie)?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Imraith Nimphais View Post
    So true, the bolded.

I am buying only one x-book (ANXF) now, two...when Storm launches.

Marvel can do wot the bloody hell they want with the mutants...I truly stopped caring a while ago.
    You know Storm is being vaulted too, right?

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    No, i'm not relying on Bleeding Cool. And not to be rude or toot my own horn but i know way more about what goes on at Marvel than you do. They are 100% going to reboot or reset or whatever.

However, i really really really do hope i'm wrong, but things like this make me think it's 100% happening.

UNCANNY X-MEN #26
    BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) • CHRIS BACHALO (A/C)
    • Scott Summers has swiftly become one of the world’s most wanted men.
    • With one simple act, he destroyed the life he knew and must now remain constantly vigilant in case of attack.
    • But is the greatest threat to his safety lurking within the dark recesses of his own mind?

Also pretty ironic that Uncanny X-Men best selling comic this month(after OS #4), even beating out Batman Eternal.

where is this idea coming from? didn't some woman working for marvel slip out about a reboot last week or something?