Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage! View Post
    You know Storm is being vaulted too, right?
    My comic-book reading/loving passion may have started with Storm and The Uncanny X-Men...but I can assure you, it most certainly does not end with them.

There are other books, other characters...by Marvel and by other other publishers that I have been quite enjoying over the years.
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCatBastet View Post
    So if Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are going to be turned into Inhumans, does this mean Magneto won't be their father after all? Or are they going to say that Magda was secretly an Inhuman?
    I'd imagine they will just rewrite it to whatever the origin in Avengers 2 will be.

BANNED

Marvel wouldn't cancel Storm. The backlash would be huge.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    if cyclops goes full on villain i hope he kills as many avengers as he can.
    Cyclops Kills the Marvel Universe. Reboot. And then I stop reading.

BANNED

A part of me is morbidly curious to see how insane Remender writers Cyclops in Axis. Fingers crossed he starts marching people into ovens.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    Marvel is a public company. The CEO cannot just say e'tat est moi and overrule the other major shareholders that would cry foul.
    Do you think the major shareholders are concerned more about the billion dollar movie franchise and it's competition or the comics division?

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Cyclops Kills the Marvel Universe. Reboot. And then I stop reading.
    make it happen, Marvel. All will then be forgiven.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

The shareholders only care about the movie franchise and the millions it makes. If Disney were to cut that off then yes, there would be a huge backlash against that.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCatBastet View Post
    So if Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are going to be turned into Inhumans, does this mean Magneto won't be their father after all? Or are they going to say that Magda was secretly an Inhuman?
    Probably. All the humanizing connections to Magneto will be severed as he is taken down the darkest path in his history.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    make it happen, Marvel. All will then be forgiven.
    It would be complete if he could kill Xavier again.

Quote Originally Posted by Imraith Nimphais View Post
    My comic-book reading/loving passion may have started with Storm and The Uncanny X-Men...but I can assure you, it most certainly does not end with them.

There are other books, other characters...by Marvel and by other other publishers that I have been quite enjoying over the years.
    Other publishers isn't Marvel though. They lose money if x-readers just shift to Image and IDW and DC etc...

does anybody have a scan of cyclops burning on the cross?

Ultimate Member

Both. They want to make all the money that they can. From ALL sides. Plus, Disney isn't in the habit of encouraging bad press. They're VERY concerned about PR. And their movie division is already making loads of money anyway.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage! View Post
    Except thanks to the popularity of Marvel's movies, he's making them a TON of money. He can do as he likes.
    Yeah people seem to overestimate how much profit actually comes from comics. They're only still in publication for movie R&D, which is irrelevant in the X-Men's case.

Hold on, how on earth does Disney have any power to tell Marvel what to do with its comic series and franchises? Disney doesn't own Marvel as far as I know, last I checked they are nothing more then Business partners on the tv and movie departments. I have no doubt that some aspects of the movies effect the comics but not to a level where they cancel an entire franchise that has been around for 50 years.

I also have to agree with Marvel Master that on a purely business note that it would make no sense for them to just get rid of the X-men, do you realize how much money they would lose by doing that, no amount of spite or petty differences would be a acceptable business plan if they want to make money.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    this is horrifying and if it happens i will stop my purchases with marvel altogether.
    ^^This would also be my response. Image is doing such good work right now I could go image exclusive and be happy