Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I only really read x-books... so that's money in my pocket if they reboot with out the X-Men. They eliminate half of their line by doing so... good luck with that.
    Same here.

Yeah, if this is true, then Marvel has zero business sense. I get that they make more money with film, but comics are still a portion of their income and it would be brainless to cull that income by a third in hopes that some 2-bit rip-off like Inhumans will take off or X-Men readers will shift to Avengers. If they're foolish enough to shelve the X-Men, then they deserve for DC to become the top selling comic company.

Yes, I do think they're heading for a franchise reboot, though. I think they'll get reset based on the O5 and everyone will probably get de-aged and shifted around.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Hold on, how on earth does Disney have any power to tell Marvel what to do with its comic series and franchises? Disney doesn't own Marvel as far as I know, last I checked they are nothing more then Business partners on the tv and movie departments. I have no doubt that some aspects of the movies effect the comics but not to a level where they cancel an entire franchise that has been around for 50 years.
    huh, Marvel are 100% owned by Disney.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    Same here.

Yeah, if this is true, then Marvel has zero business sense. I get that they make more money with film, but comics are still a portion of their income and it would be brainless to cull that income by a third in hopes that some 2-bit rip-off like Inhumans will take off or X-Men readers will shift to Avengers. If they're foolish enough to shelve the X-Men, then they deserve for DC to become the top selling comic company.

Yes, I do think they're heading for a franchise reboot, though. I think they'll get reset based on the O5 and everyone will probably get de-aged and shifted around.
    I'd imagine they're hoping X-Men readers will move onto the Avengers, and that the new readers from the reboot will compensate.

There is something weirdly personal about all this, esp hijacking Cyclops again to kill him off when you consider what the character currently represents among quite a lot of X-Fans.
    Last edited by Optic Rage!; 06-23-2014 at 12:43 PM.

A reboot is whatever... and probably inevitable. And yea, it probably will spike sales for quite some time. A reboot with out X-Men is what will lose readers. You can take that to the bank. There is A LOT of quality creator owned work out there that I miss out on because I choose to read the X-Men.

Anything's possible, and the X-Men don't have quite the cache they used to. About the only thing I know is that Disney is notoriously protective of their image. They've cultivated themselves as being the number one entity in children's entertainment so they pretty much have to be. Completely axing a franchise who's central theme was about equality could stir quite the backlash from various circles. But that's about the only thing that gives me pause. If Disney sees fit to streamline the Marvel Universe, I have no doubt it'll happen eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage! View Post
    huh, Marvel are 100% owned by Disney.
    Yeah that was my bad right there, I'll own up to that one. I got my facts wrong, sorry.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by -NoMoreMutants- View Post
    Most of you reading this will initially react to what i have to say with skepticism. I'm a brand new poster with no posts. That's understandable. But i can only assure you that what i have to say in at this time and present is 100% true and will happen. I obviously can't release my sources but it's actually become an open secret within the marvel offices, and many are NOT happy. There have been a few leaks by various ''in the know'' people who work at marvel within the community and on personal blogs over the last few days. Don't be surprised when other sites/blogs start to come forward with more information soon. Obviously, these leaks on personal blogs have been redacted very quickly. Onto the dire news:

Marvel WILL be rebooting their entire line next summer, and they will be rebooting it without the X-Men. Without mutants at all. This includes Wolverine, Storm & Cyclops. Every mutant is gone. However, The Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver will be reintroduced as Inhumans. Although this won't apply to any other X-Men related characters. Currently unsure what will happen with Namor. It's currently unknown if any of the X-Men will ever return to the comics, but if they do it won't be for quite a while.

The X-Men as we know them will cease to exist by the end of Axis. Whatever this means, the end result is that the X-Men are finished. For the second time in 3 years the Avengers office will be hijacking what's going on in the X-Books to further their own stories, and once again Cyclops, as the face of the X-Men, will be portrayed as a villain. They're having him go full Magneto and he will die at the end of the event in shame. Bendis is NOT happy about having his stories hijacked by the higher ups, but he's going to be documenting Cyclops decent into insanity in the post ''Will'' issues of Uncanny so his characterization in Axis fits. Once Cyclops dies and with Wolverine also dead the X-Men will be reunited under Havok's leadership for a few short weeks in real time until the reboot, where all X-Books will be cancelled. The idea is, with Cyclops dead and buried, Marvel no longer have to worry about their ''mutant problem''. I can also confirm that the Scarlet Witch is the ''hero'' of Axis.

I know it sounds too crazy to be true, but i assure you it all is. There are clues for those who know what to look for ''out there'' already. I will update this thread as myself am updated.
    Poster of the month with the most impressive first post ever!

Ultimate Member

If they're hoping that most X-fans will just automatically move over to the Avengers simply for lack of other options, then that's even dumber on their part. Especially since they've done everything that they possibly can to DIVIDE the fanbases and set them against each other with this Avengers vs. X-Men nonsense. It's much more likely that many X-fans will simply say "screw you Marvel" and start buying exclusively DC or even more independent comics. Heck, Manga sales might increase more than Avengers comics will.

yeah i will absolutely not fund avenger or inhuman or whatever else they peddle to us.

I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Other publishers isn't Marvel though. They lose money if x-readers just shift to Image and IDW and DC etc...
    I fail to see your point...of course they will lose money. I just don't care if they do, because it does not affect me one way or the other.

All I'm saying is that whether they reboot or not, end the x-franchise entirely or not...(and it is only speculation, here-say and rumour at this point)...I am not going to stop reading/collecting and enjoying comics.

And in that sense, I am truly glad that Other Publisher's aren't Marvel.
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    Yeah people seem to overestimate how much profit actually comes from comics. They're only still in publication for movie R&D, which is irrelevant in the X-Men's case.
    This pretty much.

I mean, Disney has a full x-department essentially writing ideas for the competition (FOX) for the same amount of money they would make by switching to a slightly cheaper brand of toilet paper in their offices.

With little future selling potential, as the comic industry is pretty stagnant (and will stay that way).
    Last edited by Runarc; 06-23-2014 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    does anybody have a scan of cyclops burning on the cross?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Anything's possible, and the X-Men don't have quite the cache they used to. About the only thing I know is that Disney is notoriously protective of their image. They've cultivated themselves as being the number one entity in children's entertainment so they pretty much have to be. Completely axing a franchise who's central theme was about equality could stir quite the backlash from various circles. But that's about the only thing that gives me pause. If Disney sees fit to streamline the Marvel Universe, I have no doubt it'll happen eventually.
    Well Marvel does seem intent on having the Inhumans fill that niche.

On another note, I could also see Marvel rebooting the X-Men into the Ultimate Universe instead of abandoning them altogether.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Imraith Nimphais View Post
    I fail to see your point...of course they will lose money. I just don't care if they do, because it does not affect me one way or the other.

All I'm saying is that whether they reboot or not, end the x-franchise entirely or not...(and it is only speculation, here-say and rumour at this point)...I am not going to stop reading/collecting and enjoying comics.

And in that sense, I am truly glad that Other Publisher's aren't Marvel.
    Why are you making this about you? Who cares lol. We're talking about how messed up is for them to do this in concept.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by elgrey View Post
    He failed to convince Disney lol
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

BANNED

As much I hated it, the modest success of DOFP is going to help FOX keep the X-men ship afloat at their studio for at least a couple more X-films, but with the same producers and writers continuing the franchise will eventually falter, whether its 2-3 movies down the line or a few more, eventually just like they sold back the rights to Daredevil and Sony is loosing faith in the Spiderman franchise and reconsidering its options, so to will Fox. They can't just tuck X-men away for a decade and reboot it if it fails. Their rights will expire and at some point it will be more valuable to either co produce with Marvel Studios or sell the rights back completely. Marvel knows this and I'm sure they are just doing the waiting game with X-men. They dont want the franchise to be #1 ever again until they own all the rights back. Its just a business decision.

At the same time they would never permanently damage the brand or cancel all the books as it could hurt them in the long term.