All-New Member

Default Origins Wolverine (2009) & Deadpool (2015) Deadpool confusion

So i seen Deadpool 2015 the other week and then i watched Origins Wolverine last night and now im confused. Only conclusion i can come up with is that both movies dont relate to each other at all. Even tho both deadpools are played by ryan reynold there to different characters. Origins takes place in the 70's ? and deadpools face is fine he then gets the surgery and becomes weapon 11 , he now has swords that come out of his hand,eyes of cyclops and can teleport. none of which he can do in Deadpool 2015. All the scientist says hes his son and calls him deadpool mean while in deadpool 2015 hes comes up with the name deadpool. so im confused are these films the same story line or completely different.

All-New Member

X-Men Days of Future Past rewrote a lot of history is one of the explanations people have come up with. The other is that Wolverine Origins messed up Deadpool so bad everyone is willing to ignore it. Basically just consider them 2 separate stories.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JonL92 View Post
    So i seen Deadpool 2015 the other week and then i watched Origins Wolverine last night and now im confused. Only conclusion i can come up with is that both movies dont relate to each other at all. Even tho both deadpools are played by ryan reynold there to different characters. Origins takes place in the 70's ? and deadpools face is fine he then gets the surgery and becomes weapon 11 , he now has swords that come out of his hand,eyes of cyclops and can teleport. none of which he can do in Deadpool 2015. All the scientist says hes his son and calls him deadpool mean while in deadpool 2015 hes comes up with the name deadpool. so im confused are these films the same story line or completely different.
    The first movie has been erased from continuity because it was hated. Deadpool's character was one of the most hated parts about it.