View Poll Results: How will you vote?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am legally permitted to vote in the referendum: BREXIT!!!

5 8.77%
  • I am legally permitted to vote in the referendum: BRITAIN STRONGER!!!

11 19.30%
  • I cannot vote in the referendum... but I'd favour Britain leaving the EU

11 19.30%
  • I cannot vote in the referendum... but I'd favour Britain staying in the EU

30 52.63%
Page 1 of 87 123451151 ... LastLast

Question Brexit or Britain Stronger?

Should Britain stay in the EU or leave it?

With the inevitable poll date fast approaching in June 23rd; I wanted to see what my fellow Britons, or EU or even worldly posters thought on the issue. Personally I am very undecided. I can see pros and cons for both sides, and I really have no idea which side I'll vote for come the referendum. My "heart" tells me to stay in because I believe in unity above separation BUT... my "gut" understands that the EU will never be a united nation, and cannot work as one because each country's own self-interest/preservation and views will always trump compromise and a collective give-and-take required to make the cohesive whole work.

Thoughts? Do anyone have any strong views one way or another?
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

As an outsider, I don't understand this poll. What do you mean by Brexit?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    What do you mean by Brexit?
    Brexit is slang for "British Exit"; used to describe the choice for the UK to leave the EU. It was originally coined as Grexit (when Greece was debating leaving).
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 04-17-2016 at 04:50 PM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

I'm on the fence with the issue, currently I think I'm in the stay camp because I am worried about the uncertainty that leaving the EU will bring because that is a thing whether or not the brexiteers say so or not.

Plus I'll do anything against what the smug bastard Ian Duncan Smith says is a good thing.
    Cohost of the Attilan Rising Podcast available now: Attilan Rising Website | iTunes | Google Play

Monthly Pull List: I don't update this nearly enough

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Brexit is slang for "British Exit"; used to describe the choice for the UK to leave the EU. It was originally coined as Grexit (when Greece was debating leaving).
    That makes sense. So, if France wanted to leave, it would be Frexit then. Oh, and if Finland wanted to leave, it would be Fixit. [Sorry, couldn't resit]
    Last edited by Tami; 04-17-2016 at 05:01 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

From what I understand, the EU is a mess doomed to implode in on itself, if it isn't already doing so.

Scrap the whole thing and come up with a better plan.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Britain's already half-way left because it never gave up its Pound for the Euro (for the better as I've read), so I suppose leaving the EU altogether isn't too painful a process. Plus, the UK's always set itself apart from the mainland in varying degrees throughout history, yes?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I'm not able to vote but Britain should stay. Greater cooperation will be the secret to success in the years to come

I want Britain to exit the EU. The EU will be weakened by their exit and this is good for the US dollar.

Staying in the EU means being a signatory to TTIP - which removes all the benefits of actually being in the EU in the first place, so staying or going may ultimately be meaningless choices.
    I am genuinely torn on this issue, though this is more to do with the pro and anti campaigns both being fronted by complete tossers. You can either side with Boris Johnson, who looks, acts, and creates policy like a clown with his make-up removed, or David Cameron, who once fucked a dead pig's face.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    My "heart" tells me to stay in because I believe in unity above separation BUT... my "gut" understands that the EU will never be a united nation, and cannot work as one because each country's own self-interest/preservation and views will always trump compromise and a collective give-and-take required to make the cohesive whole work.
    You've kind of hit the nail on the head there Kieran. Whilst I personally find the EU to be a giant political vanity project, the history of our continent tells me that we're probably better off moving forward together.

I'll probably vote 'Stay' but with reservations.

Extraordinary Member

EEk, I can't even vote because I'll be a week off turning 18! But I'm out.

There should be an option that says "stay and reform the EU." I too believe in the spirit of cooperation, but so much was done wrong when the EU was created it's not fun.

BANNED

Part of me feels like these are exactly the sorts of decisions that are worst suited to direct democracy. Although I don't live in Europe and have no direct experience with how the EU functions, I can imagine that most people would tend to ignore the benefits of staying in, since these would naturally be the mundane and boring everyday things that people take for granted, while the allure of telling the continent to **** off and going it alone is the far more exciting and sexy option.