View Poll Results: How will you vote?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am legally permitted to vote in the referendum: BREXIT!!!

5 8.77%
  • I am legally permitted to vote in the referendum: BRITAIN STRONGER!!!

11 19.30%
  • I cannot vote in the referendum... but I'd favour Britain leaving the EU

11 19.30%
  • I cannot vote in the referendum... but I'd favour Britain staying in the EU

30 52.63%
Page 85 of 87 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1296

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post

Incidentally I believe my stance on that is more logically consistent than leaders and supporters of Scottish Independence Party...who vehemently argue case for exiting an older and closer union with the United Kingdom, while reacting with horror at idea of leaving the EU.

(Many of the arguments SNP leaders used in independence campaign were exactly the same in essence as Brexiteers used in EU referendum campaign.)
    The logical inconsistencies cut both ways in the Scottish Referendum, as one of the strongest arguments against independence at the time was leaving the United Kingdom may have also seen Scotland leaving the EU with no guarantee readmittance.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Mighty Member

My main issues with Brexit above and beyond the overt falsehoods in the Leave campaign can be summed up here.

They got all the Opt Outs available, now they are demanding not only a full break but one with them opting in for all the bennies of membership. Picture Scotland leaving but demanding full access to UK/English markets, currency union, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Oh, please. Like Brexit wasn't driven by white, english nationalism. Not everyone who voted for Brexit was racist, but every racist voted for Brexit. What's /actually/ completely predictable is that a guy sympathetic to Brexit wouldn't be comfortable with that asscoation and would seek to dismiss it by deflecting to a point that was never made about never criticizing the SNP's ambitions for an independent Scotland.
    Exactly.

I mean Scotland's issues are "We can't govern without your opinion" not "Look at all these arabic muslims your letting in"

But hey the SNP is evil despite being utterly irrelevant to this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Exactly.

I mean Scotland's issues are "We can't govern without your opinion" not "Look at all these arabic muslims your letting in"

Bingo. I see Scotland leaving within a year. Followed by Northern Ireland. The Queen will need her passport to visit Balmoral. Hope England and Wales enjoys Lesser Britain.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

These are telling charts.

Old pensioners looking for their glory days of a whiter Britain.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    Yeah, Northern Ireland will reunite with Ireland, if the Irish protestants agree to it.
    There has been a population flow back and forth since the EU and the Good Friday Agreement. I think more would want to keep the border open than stay with the UK.

If you want murder sure.

NI would be close vote, but an independent NI in the EU would keep an open border with Ireland and the economic benefit could swing the vote in favor of England,
    "Loyalty to the Queen" won't factor into it.

On U.S. TV, BBC World News has a 20 minute summary each week of that week's events concerning Brexit.

Based on what I've seen watching on this program, I think that Brexit should either be canceled, or a second voter referendum should take place.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

‘Worse than feared’: Brexit to blame for £33bn loss to UK economy, study shows

Brexit has cost the UK a staggering £33bn in lost trade and investment, according to a new study which found that the economic damage is even worse than previously feared.

Research by the Centre for European Reform (CEF), shared with The Independent, shows that Britain’s economy is 5.5 per cent smaller than it would have been if the country had remained inside the EU.

The UK’s goods trade is 7 per cent lower and investment is 11 per cent lower than it would have been had the Remain campaign won the 2016 Brexit referendum, according to the think tank’s analysis.
    Congratulations. You played yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Exactly.

So you really believe there are no clear parallels between between SNP arguments for splitting the union and Brexiteer arguments for leaving EU?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    I wonder how things like COVID and the Ukraine situation may or may not have factored into that.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I wonder how things like COVID and the Ukraine situation may or may not have factored into that.
    Since it fared worse than the rest of Europe, it's Brexit.
    I was in Britain and Ireland a month ago. Brexit has screwed them royally. And Northern Ireland has an unsolvable border problem. Thank you Mr. Johnson, you wanker.

Incredible Member

I was browsing through the first pages of the thread, I wonder if those UK people advocating for Leave now understand how they've screwed themselves. No, the EU didn't die, no other country left and UK has been in a freefall since.
    Congrats, you've played yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Since it fared worse than the rest of Europe, it's Brexit.
    I was in Britain and Ireland a month ago. Brexit has screwed them royally. And Northern Ireland has an unsolvable border problem. Thank you Mr. Johnson, you wanker.
    Which part of Europe? By how much worse?

I don’t doubt Brexit has had an adverse financial impact…but also pretty sure some of the estimates of that impact are exaggerated. Even accepting the figures quoted in this thread (which are only guesstimates, based on a host of assumptions that may be true or false) most estimates of damage caused by Covid and Ukraine dwarf it.

The NI border problem can be solved…and think it will be in next couple of years.

And on a technical issue Boris is a berk rather than a wanker. (A man with number of wives and girlfriends needs to refrain from wanking to properly pleasure his mates. And in case berk is not an American term: it’s not praise.)

It’s all water under the bridge. UK exited the EU 5 years ago, and won’t re-enter. The important thing is to learn from it and avoid similar mistakes. Which is why…unlike most people in this thread…I think it’s relevant to look at similarities between Brexit campaign and SNP campaign to shatter the UK union.
    Last edited by JackDaw; 12-20-2022 at 11:08 PM.