View Poll Results: How will you vote?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am legally permitted to vote in the referendum: BREXIT!!!

5 8.77%
  • I am legally permitted to vote in the referendum: BRITAIN STRONGER!!!

11 19.30%
  • I cannot vote in the referendum... but I'd favour Britain leaving the EU

11 19.30%
  • I cannot vote in the referendum... but I'd favour Britain staying in the EU

30 52.63%
Page 4 of 87 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Plus even if you leave presumably you still need to sign some sort of trade deal with the EU. Ergo that is going require cash and still abiding by a lot of EU regulations to sell products and do business in the EU. And you wont get to help right the rules anymore. So its not like the payment drops to 0 and all the EU regulations go bye bye just because u leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Trump supports Brexit and is being used as a reason we shouldn't leave, since he and Putin are the only people who are or are near heads of state/presidents who support us leaving. Everyone else supports Remain.

350 million as a figure has already been debunked by dozens of economists and politicians. When you deduct what the EU pays into the UK in grants and rebates the number is more like 80/90 million. Which is like 0.5% of our GDP, easily affordable.
    No it is not affordable... Even if your figure of £90 million is correct, and that's debatable, that is still £5 billion a year lost from our economy.
    The EU is run by unelected individuals who make up and pass laws that we can do nothing about... Countries should be governed by their own governments not these idiots who then pay themselves huge salaries and ridiculously higher pensions.
    Look at that prick Kinnock and his wife... Both massively against Europe when he was a labour politician, but now that he's there he's all for it... Of course his £1.4 million pension had nothing to do with it does it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    Plus even if you leave presumably you still need to sign some sort of trade deal with the EU. Ergo that is going require cash and still abiding by a lot of EU regulations to sell products and do business in the EU. And you wont get to help right the rules anymore. So its not like the payment drops to 0 and all the EU regulations go bye bye just because u leave.
    Exactly right.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeathBlue View Post
    No it is not affordable... Even if your figure of £90 million is correct, and that's debatable, that is still £5 billion a year lost from our economy.
    Which is insignificant when compared to the tiniest shift in our economy which could happen as a result of leaving.
    The EU is run by unelected individuals who make up and pass laws that we can do nothing about...
    The EU commission which drafts the laws is made up of representatives appointed by the elected governments of each country. They are then voted on be elected MEPs.
    Countries should be governed by their own governments not these idiots who then pay themselves huge salaries and ridiculously higher pensions.
    Why? I don't think we've ever had a government that I could trust. I'm glad to have a higher power over them limiting the damage they can do.

I seriously can't hear anymore of "unelected officials in Brussels" - there are European Parliament Elections so everyone has their say who should sit in Brussels. But of course no one cares, as no one is really interested in politics. Just now during this referendum (which is a horrible idea to be honest, Scotland is still divided after the 2014 Independence Referendum) everyone seems to have mutated into a political expert.
    I'm German and I live in Scotland for 8.5 years now but I can't vote as I don't have a British Passport. I hope that common sense will prevail and Remain will win. Otherwise we might soon have another Scottish Independence Referendum, no need for that really.

But do the Scottish people really want another referendum? The ones I speak to don't and are grateful that they didn't leave the UK because they'd be worse off now... It's the jimmy Krankie lookalike who seems to want it the most.
    Wonder what she'd say if Scottish people voted overwhelmingly to leave the EU but the majority of the U.K. votes to stay... Would she then demand a referendum to leave both the UK and EU.
    I really hope we leave...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NeathBlue View Post
    But do the Scottish people really want another referendum? The ones I speak to don't and are grateful that they didn't leave the UK because they'd be worse off now... It's the jimmy Krankie lookalike who seems to want it the most.
    Wonder what she'd say if Scottish people voted overwhelmingly to leave the EU but the majority of the U.K. votes to stay... Would she then demand a referendum to leave both the UK and EU.
    I really hope we leave...
    The politicians certainly do, and I'm sure that for them this is an aware of great interest.

As an American myself, I believe the U.K. should do whatever they decide on.

Quote Originally Posted by caramon View Post
    I seriously can't hear anymore of "unelected officials in Brussels" - there are European Parliament Elections so everyone has their say who should sit in Brussels. But of course no one cares, as no one is really interested in politics. Just now during this referendum (which is a horrible idea to be honest, Scotland is still divided after the 2014 Independence Referendum) everyone seems to have mutated into a political expert.
    I'm German and I live in Scotland for 8.5 years now but I can't vote as I don't have a British Passport. I hope that common sense will prevail and Remain will win. Otherwise we might soon have another Scottish Independence Referendum, no need for that really.
    It's true that we can vote for MEPs, but the European Parliament is a bit feeble - basically because the member states want it that way. It can't initiate legislation. It isn't as powerful as the European Council, or even for that matter the European Commission. In any event, though, it's not as if the UK is profoundly democratic either, with our first past the post system, and the Brexiters certainly don't want the European Parliament to have more power

My sympathies on not being able to vote despite being a long-term resident. I think that's very unfair, particularly as Commonwealth people in your position are able to vote.

Let us just hope that this abysmal weather hasn't caused Remainers to stay indoors and that the cause of sanity - Bremain - is successful.

Extraordinary Member

My family betrayed me and voted remain

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    My family betrayed me and voted remain
    They're good people, it seems. You're lucky.

Spectacular Member Puppetmaker Grae's Avatar

I voted remain.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    They're good people, it seems. You're lucky.
    BUNCH OF LEFTI-

Oooh, gotta stay behaved? Joking, either result I think is a bad one ;(

Leave is winning. **** going to get real.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    Leave is winning. **** going to get real.

It truly is a crazy world we live in. I'm not British, but i am still surprised they may actually be leaving the E.U.

Also why do I feel this will have a negative impact on Britain and Europe's economy?
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

BANNED

Huh. I guess British people hate immigrants more than they hate being poor.