View Poll Results: How will you vote?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am legally permitted to vote in the referendum: BREXIT!!!

5 8.77%
  • I am legally permitted to vote in the referendum: BRITAIN STRONGER!!!

11 19.30%
  • I cannot vote in the referendum... but I'd favour Britain leaving the EU

11 19.30%
  • I cannot vote in the referendum... but I'd favour Britain staying in the EU

30 52.63%
Page 5 of 87 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    It truly is a crazy world we live in. I'm not British, but i am still surprised they may actually be leaving the E.U.

Also why do I feel this will have a negative impact on Britain and Europe's economy?
    Maybe cause the Pound dropped like a stone in the last couple hours? We're looking at a global financial hit here.

Wow, I really didn't expect this at all.

Global market is going nuts right now.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    Maybe cause the Pound dropped like a stone in the last couple hours? We're looking at a global financial hit here.

Sigh, it seems like the modern version of politics anywhere in the world these days is do what makes you feel good now even if it hurts you in the long run.

I feel bad for all the British citizens that may be losing their jobs in the coming months because of this.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

This is looking like the worst decision made in my political life.

Our country is totally divided. London, where I live, where I have lived all my life has voted overwhelmingly for remain. Scotland has voted overwhelmingly for remain. But England outside London, in many cases, has voted to Leave. My future, my family's future, my children's future, has been mortgaged at the hands of people who have, in too many instances to mention, been swayed by fears of immigration, by a hostile and deceitful press, and by lying propaganda about cost.

To those who voted Leave, this is what I passionately believe - you have damaged my country and you have damaged our future and you have done this overwhelmingly out of ignorance, out of hatred, and out of fear. I wish that London and everyone I know who has voted Remain could somehow be taken out of this country and leave the rest of you - the Ukippers, the old Labourites, the hard right, and the populist right - to deal with the consequences of this decision that you have foisted upon us. Instead we will all pay, and God help us.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Coin Biter View Post
    This is looking like the worst decision made in my political life.

Our country is totally divided. London, where I live, where I have lived all my life has voted overwhelmingly for remain. Scotland has voted overwhelmingly for remain. But England outside London, in many cases, has voted to Leave. My future, my family's future, my children's future, has been mortgaged at the hands of people who have, in too many instances to mention, been swayed by fears of immigration, by a hostile and deceitful press, and by lying propaganda about cost.

To those who voted Leave, this is what I passionately believe - you have damaged my country and you have damaged our future and you have done this overwhelmingly out of ignorance, out of hatred, and out of fear. I wish that London and everyone I know who has voted Remain could somehow be taken out of this country and leave the rest of you - the Ukippers, the old Labourites, the hard right, and the populist right - to deal with the consequences of this decision that you have foisted upon us. Instead we will all pay, and God help us.
    Scotland's first minister just hinted Scotland might leave the UK before it leaves the EU. Rumors about NI, too.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Wow, This is having serious ramifications. Is this anti immigrant sentiment going to ripple through Europe?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Wow, This is having serious ramifications. Is this anti immigrant sentiment going to ripple through Europe?
    I think it's the other way around... this is a ripple of the anti-immigrant sentiment that has troubled Europe for years now. Geert Wilders was the first to celebrate on Twitter.

BANNED

Will they still be cheering when their trust fund money will only allow them to visit Mallorca twice a year in the future?

There go my plans of getting an EU work passport I guess
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

my first thought was unbelievable!

Reading up on the whole thing, I see that all three major UK political parties campaigned to stay.All the business institutions and city economists said to vote remain. The Bank of England said remain, all the major unions urged their members to vote stay. Every living ex-prime minister was wheeled out to convince voters to vote remain. Major foreign world leaders including our own US president spoke out against going it alone yet it seems that the people of the U.K. refused to listen to 'the establishment' They refused to be told what to do and made up their own minds.

My second thought was after all that maybe it's not so far fetched to think that Donald Trump might actually become our President later on this year! Now that's a scary thought!
    Last edited by Ken Ashcroft; 06-23-2016 at 11:40 PM.

Yup, voted remain and now looking on in horror at what's ahead.

This is why we can't have nice things.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    I think it's the other way around... this is a ripple of the anti-immigrant sentiment that has troubled Europe for years now. Geert Wilders was the first to celebrate on Twitter.
    Yeah, this has been slowly growing at least since the early 90's.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
    Yup, voted remain and now looking on in horror at what's ahead.

This is why we can't have nice things.
    Lol! that's democracy for you.

BANNED

The age split is interesting. It's like the old folks who don't have to work anymore have damned the working (and unemployed) young to decades of economic struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    The age split is interesting. It's like the old folks who don't have to work anymore have damned the working (and unemployed) young to decades of economic struggle.
    For once, it's not the US! YAAAAY!