View Poll Results: How will you vote?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am legally permitted to vote in the referendum: BREXIT!!!

5 8.77%
  • I am legally permitted to vote in the referendum: BRITAIN STRONGER!!!

11 19.30%
  • I cannot vote in the referendum... but I'd favour Britain leaving the EU

11 19.30%
  • I cannot vote in the referendum... but I'd favour Britain staying in the EU

30 52.63%
Page 6 of 87 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    BANNED

European stock markets in free fall, some down in double digits.

stox.jpg

Looks like some people are having a field day!

http://www.wehuntedthemammoth.com/20...ay-cuck-a-lot/

#InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

BANNED

I am gonna end up being quite a bit poorer today than I was yesterday. Should have sold everything and put it under the matrass.

BANNED

Cameron just announced his resignation. Bam.

BANNED

Well, at least "broke up two unions in a political suicide" will be a better opening line for his obituary some day than "rumored to have fornicated with a pig."

worth it for that image

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    Cameron just announced his resignation. Bam.
    Corbyn should go too, frankly.

For those outside the UK, these maps show how divided the country was in its vote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36616028

The markets have already recovered most of what they lost over night and will settle down quick enough... This is a great result for the UK and ultimately the countries in the EU.
    It was clearly not working in the state it is and now this will hasten the end of it as more countries will likely leave and then a better system can be put in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Coin Biter View Post
    For those outside the UK, these maps show how divided the country was in its vote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36616028
    Surprised my grandmother's region, Derbyshire, was as split as it is. It looks like the whole Northumbria region (Is that still a proper geographic descriptor?) voted predominately Brexit. It's unfortunate that such an important region of England's history has struggled in modern times, though I don't think that region has recovered after Lindisfarne.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NeathBlue View Post
    The markets have already recovered most of what they lost over night and will settle down quick enough... This is a great result for the UK and ultimately the countries in the EU.
    It was clearly not working in the state it is and now this will hasten the end of it as more countries will likely leave and then a better system can be put in place.
    Yeah, the Russian market is looking ok, actually.

stox2.jpg

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    My "heart" tells me to stay in because I believe in unity above separation BUT... my "gut" understands that the EU will never be a united nation, and cannot work as one because each country's own self-interest/preservation and views will always trump compromise and a collective give-and-take required to make the cohesive whole work.
    That's the big problem at the EU's very foundation, yes. Just like the UN's big problem is its vile veto powers. Neither of the two are as powerful as their frothing opponents make them out to be.

Really, what do UKIP and Boris Johnson and their supporters think this will accomplish? If the Brits don't want to miss out on EU trade, they'll have to adhere to EU regulations, anyway, without having any input. And the idea that the Western European national government that cares the least about free speech and the non-rich alone will serve them better than the "trade union" that kept and keeps pushing for consumer rights in particular and human rights in general is just ludicrous. Obviously, the European Commission isn't quite as consistent on this (cf. CETA/TTIP) as the European Parliament (and as stated above, the European Council is often actively working against this), but overall the EU has given us much, much more than it has ever "taken" from any of us.

Only good things that will come of this:
    • Cameron's gone. Sadly I don't see anyone better reaching the Tories' top, however.
    • Scotland and Northern Ireland are very likely to leave the UK. Maybe Wales and Gibraltar as well. So much for the Brexiters' dreams of imperial glory gone by.
    • Whenever England decides to come crawling back, it likely won't be getting all those egotistical exemptions it's been enjoying so far.
    Death's Head, Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, House of X, Powers of X.
    Ascender, DIE, Saga, The Wicked + The Divine.
    Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman Beyond, Catwoman, Lois Lane, Naomi, Young Justice.

I feel like Charlton Heston at the end of Planet of the Apes

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    Yeah, the Russian market is looking ok, actually.

stox2.jpg
    There are some nice opportunities to take advantage of Britain's misery here.
    Last edited by Shawn Hopkins; 06-24-2016 at 01:52 AM.

BANNED

It's still a freefall in the world markets. Reuters posted this 30 minutes ago.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-gl...-idUSKCN0Z92MZ

World stocks headed for one the biggest slumps on record on Friday as a decision by Britain to leave the European Union triggered 8 percent falls for Europe's biggest bourses and a record plunge for sterling.

Such a body blow to global confidence could well prevent the Federal Reserve from raising interest rates as planned this year, and might even provoke a new round of emergency policy easing from all the major central banks.

Risk assets were scorched as investors fled to the traditional safe-harbors of top-rated government debt, Japanese yen and gold.

Billions were wiped from share values as Europe saw London's FTSE .FTSE drop 6 percent in early deals, Germany's .DAX and France's CAC 40 .FCHI slump 7.5 and 9 percent and Italian and Spanish markets plunge more than 11 percent.

The rout was compounded by the fact markets had rallied on Thursday having become increasingly convinced that UK voters would opt to stay in the EU.

Britain's big banks took a $130 billion battering with Lloyds (LLOY.L) and Barclays (BARC.L) plunging as much as 30 percent. EMINI S&P 500 futures ESc1 were down 4 percent and Japan's Nikkei .N225 ended down 7.9 percent.

The British pound collapsed no less than 18 U.S. cents, easily the biggest fall in living memory, to hit its lowest since 1985. The euro in turn slid 3.2 percent to $1.1012 EUR= as investors feared for its very future.