Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    A lighter read, but no less worthy, Angel City just concluded it's 6 (8?) issue run and I think I saw the collected ed. in a recent previews.

Previewsworld has the tpb collection due out Aug 16th; U.S. cover price = $19.99

BANNED

Stray Bullets is still the best

Invincible Member

I've been really enjoying Kill Or Be Killed. It's another title from Brubaker/Phillips. Loose Ends by Jason Latour and Chris Brunner was ok. It think I had too high expectations for it. Mayday by Alex de Campi and Tony Parker was alright but I think I like her Grindhouse title better.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Titan have teamed with crime novel publisher Hard Case Crime (who's novels i highly recommend) to publish a bunch of comics under a new crime line. Ive read the first couple; Trigger Man and Peepland and they were both really enjoyable.

Theyve got a few more series upcoming, including a new adaptation of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Worth a look, maybe.
    I thought the Girl W/Dragon Tattoo was a DC/Vertigo thing?

Invincible Member

The latest issue of Black Monday Murders just came out. But I'm not sure I'd call it a "crime" comic. It's more a combination supernatural/conspiracy comic.

'Revelations' from Dark Horse was quite good (6 issue mini series), although I can't remember the authors off the top of my head.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I thought the Girl W/Dragon Tattoo was a DC/Vertigo thing?
    Its been licensed out to a few publishers in the past. I guess the contracts don't grant exclusive rights or something.

Spectacular Member Chintzy Beatnik's Avatar

The Hard Case Crime The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo series is the English translation of the European adaptations of the novel.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

A truly great comic no longer with us, but hopefully in trade, is Ben Templesmith's "Fell". A disgraced detective sent across the river to a place the supernatural passes through does his best to see justice done.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet