Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigJeff View Post
    Based on the recommendations here, and the fact that I love Darwin Cooke's artwork, I picked up Brubaker's Catwoman, Vol. 1: Trail of the Catwoman and it was amazing. I should have picked it up years ago.
    The graphic novel Selina's Big Score starring Catwoman and by the same team is fun too.

Selina's Big Score is included in the trade

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Now I've read the FADE OUT and SOUTHERN BASTARDS trades I'm really amazed how good they were. Those tales go straight to longboxes and I won't pull them out for a few years since they don't cross over with 5 other books but it should be the other way round when it comes to quality. Looking forward to read THE FIX soon. Yup, that's just me trying to revive this thread.

Glad you liked the Fix. I just read the second issue. Roy is a fucking bastard lol. The main characters are so bad but somehow likeable at the same time. I've yet to read Fade Out or Southern Bastards.

I may start up Limbo...
    Superhero shows are trash

Just got around reading Criminal - Tenth Anniversary Special. I gotta say, it was more sad than anything. Not a real story going on, just following the day to day life of this kid named Mike and his criminal father.

Gots No Chi Danny Rand's Other Fist's Avatar

Just bought 41 issues of Stray Bullets as a job lot on eBay for bugger all and only read the first two issues but holy crap, that's some brilliant comics right there. It's the sort of stuff I like anyway and I've heard/read nothing but lavish praise for the books, but it really is very, very good so far.

Southern Bastards all the way. Delays be damned.

Just finished reading Ringside: Kayfabe. If you're into wrestling, you'll probably like this book as it involves the behind the scenes of that industry as well as a criminal aspect with our main character, Danny. He's a washed up wrestler who decides to return to the US to help out his friend who is in trouble with some bad people. Things get hairy after that...

And we've got MOONSHINE from Brian Azzarello & Eduardo Risso coming in October . . . bootleggers during Prohibition, with a werewolf tossed in to the mix.

http://community.comicbookresources....onshine-quot-1

Any new recommendations from anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    It's awesome. I have no idea what the other poster is talking about re.the bad parts of it. There are none. And the art is tremendous. But it's not funny, that's for sure.
    +1 Definitely worth your time and money..

And of course, anything by Brubaker & Phillips
    #MagnetoWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Any new recommendations from anybody?
    Titan have teamed with crime novel publisher Hard Case Crime (who's novels i highly recommend) to publish a bunch of comics under a new crime line. Ive read the first couple; Trigger Man and Peepland and they were both really enjoyable.

Theyve got a few more series upcoming, including a new adaptation of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Worth a look, maybe.

The Kitchen from Vertigo is a good mafia story - the men got caught and went to jail, the women became the leaders. I don't know how this series got so little press and online coverage.
    Also from Vertigo there is a series called Bodies, an investigation from crimes at different ages (XIX century, WW2, the present, the future) with some kind of connection. It is not your usual crime series, with conspiracy and some sci-fi stuff, but I really liked it!
    Dept. H (Dark Horse) from Matt Kindt is about a murder case - and everybody in the story is suspect and has reasons to be the killer. And they are living in a undersea research facility!!
    Last edited by seusilva; 05-06-2017 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Titan have teamed with crime novel publisher Hard Case Crime (who's novels i highly recommend) to publish a bunch of comics under a new crime line. Ive read the first couple; Trigger Man and Peepland and they were both really enjoyable.
    I bought and read Trigger Man but wasn't all that thrilled with either the writing or the art.
    I probably should have given Peepland a try, but I was afraid it would be a bit of a let-down compared to the real Times Square back in the day before it was Disneyfied. (Those were the good ol' days!! )

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

A lighter read, but no less worthy, Angel City just concluded it's 6 (8?) issue run and I think I saw the collected ed. in a recent previews.angel city 2.jpg
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet