Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    wanda maximoff destroyed the white hot room when she coerced hope summers into joining forces to help her assassinate the phoenix once and for all
    Except that they didn't assassinated the Phoenix once and for all.

Blue hairy Avengers alumni Beast and leader of mutantkind Cyclops bring something to the table that their younger counterparts don't. Likewise adult Jean Grey is too busy doing what she is iconic for to be replaced in that capacity by her younger counterpart: Being really dead. Don't ask me why Ice-Man is still around, been wondering that one myself for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Except that they didn't assassinated the Phoenix once and for all.
    oh really, where is she then? lots of terrigen gas around, no flaming chicken

BANNED

The reason why adult Jean hasn't returned yet is because they used teen Jean to reinvent how people see Jean Grey. 90s Jean Grey was defined by being wife of Cyclops, mother of Rachel and the Nates, etc. They wanted to define Jean as a powerful character in her own right, and redefine Jean's place in Marvel. I like how she's become close with Storm, how she ended up being trained by the White Queen, her rivalry with the cuckoos for awhile, etc. I liked seeing her get out in Marvel Universe more, like the crossovers with the Guardians.

Being that adult Jean has appeared to other X-Men from the WHR, I wonder why she doesn't appear to teen Jean. I wonder if she is the force that doesn't let the teen X-Men go back when they tried to send them back.

I would like for Jeen to meet Madelyne Pryor, and I think at some point in the future it might be good for her to interact with Rachel and Cable more.

BANNED

You didn't read BOTA? Quentin Quire was Phoenix in that timeline. Jeen briefly became Phoenix when she met a Dark Phoenix version of herself in this time line.

And as for our reality's Phoenix, she's appeared to Nightcrawler twice as a ghost. Promotions images from Civil War imply Jeen becomes Phoenix.

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Probably because one of the main draws of the young time traveling Jean Grey is that for the first time in years, a Jean Grey is around again and bringing back the adult Jean right now may disrupt the young Jean's current character arc.

BANNED

It's a bird of prey, not poultry. >:[

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    The reason why adult Jean hasn't returned yet is because they used teen Jean to reinvent how people see Jean Grey. 90s Jean Grey was defined by being wife of Cyclops.
    No, Cyclops was defined as being Jean's boring husband.

This question has been asked on more than one occasion and it's not unreasonable to ask. It does seem unfair, having only one Jean Grey while the rest of the O5 X-men get to interact with their counterparts. But I think a big reason why Marvel brought the O5 into the future was because Jean was dead. And I think Marvel wanted to tell a story about Jean that didn't have all the baggage of the Phoenix Force, Emma Frost, Cyclops, Wolverine, etc. They wanted a Jean they could be flexible with. And I can totally understand that. The potential for drama is much higher by focusing on a teenage Jean Grey, one who comes to the future to find out that she's dead and a school is named after her. It makes more sense in terms of overall story.

But beyond the lack of baggage, I think Jean Grey has the same issue that a number of other characters have had, such as Sue Richards. For some characters, it's just more difficult to tell stories about them because they're not as overly flawed as the Wolverines and Tony Stark's of the world. In this current comic landscape, everything is built around really flawed characters or these fresh new female characters that don't fit into traditional molds. Well characters like Jean Grey, Sue Richards, and even Mary Jane Watson to a lesser extent have been built around these traditional molds. Telling bold new stories about them that doesn't undermine the core of their character is just...hard. And all things being equal, Marvel and the powers that be will take the path of least resistance in terms of creating what they think will turn a profit. Right now, teen Jean Grey is garnering plenty of attention and the sales bear that out.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

As a huge Jean fan myself, I wouldn't want two versions around anyway.

I have accepted that young Jean is the only Jean we are going to get from now on, but it would be so cool if we were to discover that adult Jean Grey WPOTC is the force that is preventing the 05 from returning to their timeline. Still I wonder what the future holds for young Jean after the Apocalypse Arc, Civil War II, and Death of X. Some people are speculating that either X-men get permanently disbanded and absorbed into other Marvel groups like what happened to the FF or get moved to another planet. If the first is true, will young Jean be recruited into the Avengers or something like that?

Are you kidding?

Maddie Pryor
    Rachel Summers/Grey
    Hope Summers

Not to mention Teen Jean, Xorna, and the Phoenix presence.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    This question has been asked on more than one occasion and it's not unreasonable to ask. It does seem unfair, having only one Jean Grey while the rest of the O5 X-men get to interact with their counterparts. But I think a big reason why Marvel brought the O5 into the future was because Jean was dead. And I think Marvel wanted to tell a story about Jean that didn't have all the baggage of the Phoenix Force, Emma Frost, Cyclops, Wolverine, etc. They wanted a Jean they could be flexible with. And I can totally understand that. The potential for drama is much higher by focusing on a teenage Jean Grey, one who comes to the future to find out that she's dead and a school is named after her. It makes more sense in terms of overall story.

But beyond the lack of baggage, I think Jean Grey has the same issue that a number of other characters have had, such as Sue Richards. For some characters, it's just more difficult to tell stories about them because they're not as overly flawed as the Wolverines and Tony Stark's of the world. In this current comic landscape, everything is built around really flawed characters or these fresh new female characters that don't fit into traditional molds. Well characters like Jean Grey, Sue Richards, and even Mary Jane Watson to a lesser extent have been built around these traditional molds. Telling bold new stories about them that doesn't undermine the core of their character is just...hard. And all things being equal, Marvel and the powers that be will take the path of least resistance in terms of creating what they think will turn a profit. Right now, teen Jean Grey is garnering plenty of attention and the sales bear that out.
    It's an insult to your intelligence though to not have the adult Jean around. 12 years now? Crazy. She doesn't get to react to her fate with Xorn. Or Cyclops having sex with Emma all that time after she was dead like their relationship never meant NOTHING? No reaction to the Jean Grey school...to Wolverine..to the other back and forth deaths of Nightcrawler, Rogue...Wanda's decimation...most importantly, her reaction to Cyclops killing Xavier. Something he never paid for because they had a Phoenix excuse for his actions. A get out of jail free card yet again.

Jean Grey. The real one. The one who is tortured over helping Xavier try to shut Magneto's mind down in Fatal Attractions. She's supposed to be the heart and soul of this franchise and we have a teenage placeholder in her wake. No real reactions to the consequences over the years of several X men. It's comical.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Are you kidding?

Maddie Pryor
    Rachel Summers/Grey
    Hope Summers

Not to mention Teen Jean, Xorna, and the Phoenix presence.
    No one has seen Madelyne, Rachel, and Hope in a long time. Lol.

She showed up on Secret Wars as Scott.