Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Has Superman been leaving behind Horcruxes?

For those not familiar with Harry Potter lore, a Horcrux is a physical object in which the main bad guy Voldemort imprinted a piece of his soul upon. He did this in an attempt to gain immortality so that should his physical body be destroyed (which it was), he'd live on.

I've been wondering lately...has Superman been doing something similar, albeit completely unawares, via his solar flare? Has it been imprinting a small piece of him wherever he's set it off? I bring this up because a tangible connection has been made to what's happening to the criminal who believes he's Superman and the solar flare when both Wonder Woman and Superman noticed that the energies coming off of him were similar. Are we headed for a reveal where this solar flare is actually a Kryptonian process of saving parts of the soul? And its destructive properties are little more than a side-effect, perhaps even something unique to Superman simply because of his physiology under a yellow sun. If so, this could lead to an interesting storyline where his friends and family have to literally revisit every place he flared, figure out where the soul was imprinted, and gather them all together to restore him.

Just some food for thought.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Certainly an interesting idea, considering the criminal with Superman's powers also seems to have his memories. It's like Superman is switched on and he is switched off, and then the reverse. If this Superman is like previous versions, his body will continue to absorb solar energy. So eventually, all that energy out there could find it's way home and bring him back. I guess when Superman "dies" he would become energy, like in All-Star, and then eventually return or something like that.

I hope that the new Super-Man in China doesn't get his powers this way, if this ends up being true. It would be a shame to have a new Superman who ends up going away when his power is removed to re-form the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    For those not familiar with Harry Potter lore, a Horcrux is a physical object in which the main bad guy Voldemort imprinted a piece of his soul upon. He did this in an attempt to gain immortality so that should his physical body be destroyed (which it was), he'd live on.

I've been wondering lately...has Superman been doing something similar, albeit completely unawares, via his solar flare? Has it been imprinting a small piece of him wherever he's set it off? I bring this up because a tangible connection has been made to what's happening to the criminal who believes he's Superman and the solar flare when both Wonder Woman and Superman noticed that the energies coming off of him were similar. Are we headed for a reveal where this solar flare is actually a Kryptonian process of saving parts of the soul? And its destructive properties are little more than a side-effect, perhaps even something unique to Superman simply because of his physiology under a yellow sun. If so, this could lead to an interesting storyline where his friends and family have to literally revisit every place he flared, figure out where the soul was imprinted, and gather them all together to restore him.

and then they would get hecate to reveal the mud ritual that created donna, but instead of mud they would need to use kryptonite because it is a mineral from his birthworld and seeing as they would need a sacrifice they could always use either superdad or john, melt everything in a hotpot and voilá, Nuperman - well done

sorry if if sounds sarcastic, but it is not, i realy imaginated the whole cenario

This... makes sense. The plot seems to be pointing in that direction too, especially with the new issue that just came out. Could be an interesting addition to Kryptonian mythology, if true.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

"The search for Clark Kent"... interesting theory.

I hope they find all the "pieces" in short time.

Could mesh with manofsteel's theories of a Search for Spock twist. I think it'd be kinda cool if Kryptonians were like Vulcans in this regard.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Could mesh with manofsteel's theories of a Search for Spock twist. I think it'd be kinda cool if Kryptonians were like Vulcans in this regard.
    I think I missed manofsteel's theories, and I'm not familiar with Star Trek. Can you enlighten me?

Lex Luthor totally needs to play the Doctor McCoy role of carrying some of Superman/Spock's katra. That would be hilarious- and awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I think I missed manofsteel's theories, and I'm not familiar with Star Trek. Can you enlighten me?
    To make a long story short, Spock dies in the second film, and the third revolves around restoring him to life by means of taking his body (which had been regenerated by other means, but while sentient and aware is still basically a shell without the soul), and merging it back with his spirit, which he had purposely left behind by imprinting it on a friend (Dr. McCoy) before his death. manofsteel theorized that maybe this Clark Kent that'll be around in Action is kinda like a "shell"; its Clark, but without his spirit/soul.

To make a long story short, Spock dies in the second film, and the third revolves around restoring him to life by means of taking his body (which had been regenerated by other means, but while sentient and aware is still basically a shell without the soul), and merging it back with his spirit, which he had purposely left behind by imprinting it on a friend (Dr. McCoy) before his death. manofsteel theorized that maybe this Clark Kent that'll be around in Action is kinda like a "shell"; its Clark, but without his spirit/soul.
    So, the fake Clark Kent is the new body for Superman's soul? Too weird.

From

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_T...arch_for_Spock

Star Trek III: The Search for Spock is a 1984 American science fiction film released by Paramount Pictures. The film is the third feature film of the Star Trek science fiction franchise and is the center of a three-film story arc that begins with Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan and concludes with Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home. After the death of Spock (Leonard Nimoy), the crew of the USS Enterprise returns to Earth. When James T. Kirk (William Shatner) learns that Spock's spirit, or katra, is held in the mind of Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy (DeForest Kelley), Kirk and company steal the Enterprise to return Spock's body to his home planet.
    Star Trek II, III, and IV make a pretty good trilogy. If you haven't seen them, I'd recommend them. I don't think you'd really need to know much about Star Trek to grasp the basic plot and be able to enjoy the movies. Um, basically in the far future earth has joined an interstellar alliance of planets called the Federation. Starfleet is the Federation's military and exploration arm, with a naval type command structure. Our heroes are the crew of the Starship Enterprise (Which operates a lot like a naval vessel or a submarine- in space). By Star Trek II, they've served together for many years and become friends.

Oh, and Khan was a genetically engineered dude from a war in 1996 (The Eugenics War- didn't actually happen, obviously, but that date was established on a TV episode that aired in the 1960s) that they found in stasis on a sleeper ship like 20 years prior to Star Trek II (He had been trying to escape earth with some of his close allies after his side lost the war)- because he was a war criminal, and tried to take over the Enterprise to reestablish his empire, they left his people on what at the time was a tropical planet, with no technology, and sort of said "Okay, you can live out your lives here and build a society in isolation". From the title of Star Trek II, you can tell that he'll enter into that film at some point.

As Star Trek II opens, we see a smaller starship (Not the Enterprise), with a former Enterprise crewmember named Chekov who had transferred over to it and been promoted, exploring a lifeless desert planet that is not what it seems.

You're basically good at that point. The movies tell you everything else you need to know- and probably some of the above, to be honest. They were made for general audiences, not just pre-existing Star Trek fans.

A lot of people consider Star Trek II the best of the movies. It's kind of a Hunt for Red October in space. My personal favorite is Star Trek IV, where they have to go back in time and find some whales to save the earth (Long story, the film explains it), which have gone extinct in the future, and wind up hilariously not blending in well at all with 1980s America.

Anyway, the three films basically form a trilogy. Star Trek III is the one that's most relevant to what we're talking about, but probably the weakest link in the trilogy as a movie (Although, it's still very good in my book).
    Last edited by SuperCrab; 04-28-2016 at 02:16 PM.

So, the fake Clark Kent is the new body for Superman's soul? Too weird.
    Or maybe its his actual and original body, recharged by the sun (or the Eradicator? It IS his M.O.), just...rather empty, I don't want to say catatonic but in a way incomplete and bare, until its merged again with the pieces of his spirit he left behind unknowingly.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrab View Post
    From

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_T...arch_for_Spock

Star Trek II, III, and IV make a pretty good trilogy. If you haven't seen them, I'd recommend them. I don't think you'd really need to know much about Star Trek to grasp the basic plot and be able to enjoy the movies. Um, basically in the far future earth has joined an interstellar alliance of planets called the Federation. Starfleet is the Federation's military and exploration arm, with a naval type command structure. Our heroes are the crew of the Starship Enterprise (Which operates a lot like a naval vessel or a submarine- in space). By Star Trek II, they've served together for many years and become friends.

Oh, and Khan was a genetically engineered dude from a war in 1996 (The Eugenics War- didn't actually happen, obviously, but that date was established on a TV episode that aired in the 1960s) that they found in stasis on a sleeper ship like 20 years prior to Star Trek II (He had been trying to escape earth with some of his close allies after his side lost the war)- because he was a war criminal, and tried to take over the Enterprise to reestablish his empire, they left his people on what at the time was a tropical planet, with no technology, and sort of said "Okay, you can live out your lives here and build a society in isolation". From the title of Star Trek II, you can tell that he'll enter into that film at some point.

As Star Trek II opens, we see a smaller starship (Not the Enterprise), with a former Enterprise crewmember named Chekov who had transferred over to it and been promoted, exploring a lifeless desert planet that is not what it seems.

You're basically good at that point. The movies tell you everything else you need to know- and probably some of the above, to be honest. They were made for general audiences, not just pre-existing Star Trek fans.

A lot of people consider Star Trek II the best of the movies. It's kind of a Hunt for Red October in space. My personal favorite is Star Trek IV, where they have to go back in time and find some whales to save the earth (Long story, the film explains it), which have gone extinct in the future, and wind up hilariously not blending in well at all with 1980s America.

Anyway, the three films basically form a trilogy. Star Trek III is the one that's most relevant to what we're talking about, but probably the weakest link in the trilogy as a movie (Although, it's still very good in my book).
    I'll try to give it a look in the meantime that I wait for Superman's return.

Or maybe its his actual and original body, recharged by the sun (or the Eradicator? It IS his M.O.), just...rather empty, I don't want to say catatonic but in a way incomplete and bare, until its merged again with the pieces of his spirit he left behind unknowingly.
    Sounds good.

Ah; so a bit like Quiver.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Amazing Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrab View Post
    Lex Luthor totally needs to play the Doctor McCoy role of carrying some of Superman/Spock's katra. That would be hilarious- and awesome.
    Lex: I honestly don't know why I've been having these urges to help...It's a waste of my time, and I'm getting nothing out of it without the Big Blue Barf being there...!"

Bruce: Hmmm. (Studies data from JLA satellite medical scanners, shows Diana specific points) Heh.

Diana: *Giggle* "You're suffering from a Kryptonian Soul meld, Lex."

Lex: "Why, that red-blooded, inhuman son of a bitch!!! It's his revenge for all the times he lost to me!"

Bruce: "THAT would be Clark's sense of humor... "

Lex: "I want to save kittens from TREES now! And-And fix bridges...and Railroad Tracks! And f-fight Mongul! GGGGRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrr!! DAAAMN you Superman!!!!"

Clark: (On other side, rolling on the floor in full hysterics...) Revenge is a dish best served cold, Lex. *evil grin*
    Last edited by LaughingVulcan; 04-28-2016 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Bolded names.