I ask this question as I was pondering it myself. Since there's been a lot of hype around Superman recently with Dawn of Justice being released, I decided to download the old movies to see how they stand-up to the modern day movies. I always had fond memories of Superman when I was a child as I loved the comics & I remember loving the films, although I was too young to really remember the ins and outs of them all. Logic told me that the first two are probably going to be better as usually the more they milk it, the worse things get. I purposely didn't look at any reviews so I could go in with an open mind. I must say, I wasn't far wrong. Although there were some ok bits in the last two movies, they weren't a patch on the first two movies. It was from the first two movies that I recalled the most vivid memories. The villains in the second movie were awesome and I enjoyed the story of Superman renouncing his powers whilst they wreak havoc on mankind but then returning to sort them all out at the end. That's probably why the second one edges it for me but it was the first movie that got me so hooked in the first place. Christopher Reeve was perfect for this role, can remember the day he had his accident like it was yesterday and the day he died, such a shame. The new movies just haven't been hitting the same heights. I need to pick myself up a Superman comic now to see what memories that conjures up.