Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    They will, they also will appear in Super League. But I think China is trying to make a better team.

Also, I think that guy will be a villain. He got menacing written in his eyes.
    Actually, Im thinking he's Black Condor. He has the right look anyway, he could have been ripped from the Infinite Crisis era Freedom Fighters.

I suppose he could still be a villain though. But he looks too much like Condor for me to think its a coincidence.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    So just to be clear.....everyone here knows this guy isn't replacing the white American Superman, right? Another white American Superman is doing that.

This guy is just getting his powers from Superman somehow, and then doing his own thing with his own agenda.

I just wanna know if everyone is clear on that.
    Hey, any excuse to hate on someone that isn't white.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Is it just me that find Kenan and Val-Zod's costumes better than the main Superman's one?

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Is it just me that find Kenan and Val-Zod's costumes better than the main Superman's one?
    Superdad or New 52?

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

So far I think new 52 Superman has had the worst luck when it comes to suits. Kenan is tied with (maybe a little ahead of) Superdad in the costume department, for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Superdad or New 52?
    Both.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    "Ke" is actually pronounced like "cur" like in the phrase "That dastardly cur!"
    Thanks for your insight. I know nothing about speaking Chinese, but whenever I hear (maybe a certain dialect) I hear that sound made often. Good to know what the deal is with that, and how it's represented.

Both.

Ohg. I hope New 52 Superman gets a new costume when he returns.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    So not really tied into the mythology of Superman at all but just a new character using the \S/? I was hoping with the New 52 we'd get away from random people wearing the Kryptonian symbol for hope/House of El. It's Kal and Kara's thing. I'm okay with John Henry sometimes wearing it as Steel since he's Kal's close pal, but it should be a big deal that he wears it too. Like Superman considers him family.

Seems like it could be okay. I've been longing for a Great Ten book, so hopefully they tie into this? Sad how the character has to have a false affiliation with SUPERMAN to sell. This seems like it could just be a fun indie superhero title that I'd surely buy. Especially since China's superhero world (in DC) seems ripe for world building. So much to run with.
    There's no false association. Kenan and Clark are tied together in terms of story. In what way, we'd have to see.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

When Rags Morales originally drew Superman's NEW 52 suit in AC, it was pretty damn rad.

Looked way better than anything since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Ohg. I hope New 52 Superman gets a new costume when he returns.
    One of the few good things from BvS...

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Actually, Im thinking he's Black Condor. He has the right look anyway, he could have been ripped from the Infinite Crisis era Freedom Fighters.

I suppose he could still be a villain though. But he looks too much like Condor for me to think its a coincidence.
    And if you look at the previously released art - the pencil sketch in particular, you see a winged character with a mohawk in silhouette in the top right corner again. So yeah, it's looking like Black Condor to me too.

One of the few good things from BvS...

I don't think the BvS Supersuit is that good in comic form. Real life, sure. Superdad's ain't that bad but I really like Kenan's.

I don't think the BvS Supersuit is that good in comic form. Real life, sure. Superdad's ain't that bad but I really like Kenan's.
    Superman should ask for the number of Kenan's tailor.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Just toss the seams and make it smooth blue, it works. It isn't hella dynamic but it works.