Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Can we please make a KC movie with the whole DCAU cast so we can officially retire them all already? Especially Conroy who stopped trying after Asylum?

Quote Originally Posted by ispacehead View Post
    I don't think they could do it properly in a single film. Just too much to cover.

Makes sense to do Knightfall up to Bane's defeat by JPV in the first film, and then cover JPV's descent into madness and Bruce's return in the second part.

The way they've been cranking these out, I'm surprised this isn't in the works already.
    Yeah 2 parts would be perfect. Either Knightfall or no mans land gotta get animated IMO. They could trim some of the fat off nml

I don't get why they bring Conroy back for some but not others...that said, glad to hear he's on this

Quote Originally Posted by SicariiDC View Post
    Yeah 2 parts would be perfect. Either Knightfall or no mans land gotta get animated IMO. They could trim some of the fat off nml
    I have to wonder if NML is possible or if it would even work as an animated film.

So many things going on in that story.

Stripping it down might hurt it more than helping it.
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

Generic condescending passive aggressive elitist statement.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ispacehead View Post
    I have to wonder if NML is possible or if it would even work as an animated film.

So many things going on in that story.

Stripping it down might hurt it more than helping it.
    NLM wasn't really a story. It was a bunch of stories, long or short, set in a time and place.

Best thing to do would be to pick one thread, just like you wouldn't try to make Vietnam War: The Movie That Covers Everything.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    NLM wasn't really a story. It was a bunch of stories, long or short, set in a time and place.
    My thoughts exactly.

I think narrowing the focus to a single thread and maintaining the story's fun might just be a difficult marriage.

I love NLM, but it's probably too big to be manageable in an animated film. Even a series of films.

It would take an ongoing series to do it right.
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

Generic condescending passive aggressive elitist statement.

This talk about NML makes me wish I was around when it was going on. I can't find the motivation to go back and read those stories. It seems so...daunting.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bukdiah View Post
    This talk about NML makes me wish I was around when it was going on. I can't find the motivation to go back and read those stories. It seems so...daunting.
    At least, now, it's more reasonably priced and collected. At the time, you had aaaaaall the single issues, then you had an incomplete series made of tiny, what, five issue, trades? Like ten of them. It was frustrating and expensive (just the way DC likes its comics!).
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bukdiah View Post
    If not the comics, the novelization by Greg Rucka is the next best thing. In some ways, it's even better.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Regarding the voice actors it depends on who's doing the casting. Certain movies get Kevin, others have Dedrich and still other's have the new guy. It all depends on who they want for what part.

Humm, maybe for NML they can do an OVA series, ie, a few episodes per disk that cover the events. Make it like a series but less episodes and have them cover the different threads.