Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: Daredevil, #4

Mark Waid and Chris Samnee wrap up their first storyline in the new "Daredevil" series, but this story with the Owl and the Shroud more of a "to be continued later" setup than a definitive conclusion.

Full review here.

All-New Member

I tend to find myself agreeing with McElhatton's reviews more than anyone else's. With that, I kinda have to disagree. He's right - nothing's really wrapped up, per se, in this issue. But what is possibly overlooked about Waid is how good he is at not wrapping stuff up. Waid isn't old school in all the ways he's accused of, but he's great at old school craft. He understands that for a reader to be able to pick up a new issue without rereading the previous issue is a blessing - important, even. In the current climate, Waid is one of the few who writes comics as true serials. And he happens to be really, really good at it. I always remember what's going on in Daredevil, because a lot always happens in every issue. It's like reading a legitimate chapter in a story. Unfortunately, many of Waid's contemporaries do not have or exercise this approach. Thanks to Waid for making my reading both better and easier.
    Pull: Annihilator, Batstuff, Casanova, Danger Club, Daredevil, Dark Horse Presents, Deadly Class, Dream Thief, Drifter, Ghost Fleet, Grindhouse by De Campi, Groo, Men of Wrath, Multiversity, Rumble, Southern Bastards, Trees, Wild Blue Yonder

All-New Member

Another great issue of Daredevil. Waid is one of the best writers right now and he is doing amazing things with Daredevil.