Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Wonder Woman July Solicits

WONDER WOMAN #2
    Written by GREG RUCKA
    Art and cover by NICOLA SCOTT
    Variant cover by FRANK CHO
    Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
    “WONDER WOMAN YEAR ONE” Chapter One: Running parallel to Greg Rucka and Liam Sharp’s “The Lies,” Rucka and artist Nicola Scott weave the definitive and shocking tale of Diana’s first year as Earth’s protector.
    On sale JULY 13 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

WONDER WOMAN #2-3
    Written by GREG RUCKA
    Issue #3 art and cover by LIAM SHARP
    Variant cover by FRANK CHO
    Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
    “THE LIES” Chapter Two: Wonder Woman must team up with one of her greatest enemies to solve a growing mystery about Themyscira as “The Lies” continues!
    On sale JULY 27 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

WONDER WOMAN: THE TRUE AMAZON HC
    Written by JILL THOMPSON
    Art and cover by JILL THOMPSON
    WONDER WOMAN: THE TRUE AMAZON is Jill Thompson’s original graphic novel reimagining of the early years of the Amazon Princess Diana, who would grow up to become Wonder Woman. This fully painted graphic novel is unlike any Wonder Woman tale you have ever read, told as only Eisner Award- winning writer/artist Thompson could. When young Diana has the fawning attention of a nation, she grows spoiled. But a series of tragic events take their toll, and Diana must learn to grow up, take responsibility, and seize her destiny.
    Steeped in the mythology of this iconic character’s original conception, WONDER WOMAN: THE TRUE AMAZON is designed to appeal to a wide range of readers. It’s a fresh, stand-alone interpretation of the most famous and iconic female superhero of all time and the fulfillment of a dream project by one of contemporary comics’ most acclaimed creators.
    On sale SEPTEMBER 28 • 128 pg, FC, $22.99 US

Written by GEORGE PEREZ, GREG POTTER and LEN WEIN
    Art by GEORGE PEREZ and BRUCE PATTERSON
    Cover by GEORGE PEREZ
    In this new paperback collecting WONDER WOMAN #1-14, the Amazon Princess’ first assignment takes her to Man’s World to teach humanity the ways of the goddess Gaea—no matter who objects!
    On sale AUGUST 17 • 224 pg, FC, $24.99 US

WONDER WOMAN 75 BOX SET
    Written by BRIAN AZZARELLO, GEORGE PEREZ, GREG POTTER, LEN WEIN, GREG RUCKA and GAIL SIMONE
    Art by CLIFF CHIANG, GEORGE PEREZ, TERRY DODSON, BERNARD CHANG, DREW JOHNSON and others
    In the WONDER WOMAN 75TH ANNIVERSARY BOX SET, DC Comics packages graphic novels from four monumental creators—Gail Simone, Brian Azzarello, George Pérez and Greg Rucka—in a beautiful new slipcase set perfect for collectors. Includes the WONDER WOMAN VOL. 1: GODS AND MORTALS TP, the WONDER WOMAN: DOWN TO EARTH TP, the WONDER WOMAN: THE CIRCLE TP and the WONDER WOMAN VOL. 1: BLOOD TP
    On sale NOVEMBER 2 • FC, $49.99 US

WONDER WOMAN: A CELEBRATION OF 75 YEARS HC
    Written by WILLIAM MOULTON MARSTON, ROBERT KANIGHER, BRIAN AZZARELLO, PHIL JIMENEZ, GAIL SIMONE, GREG RUCKA
    and others
    Art by H.G. PETER, MIKE SEKOWSKY, MIKE DEODATO, CLIFF CHIANG and others
    Cover by CLIFF CHIANG
    Celebrate over seven decades of the awe-inspiring Wonder Woman, from early years as one of the first female superheroes in the comics industry, to today. This character has seen countless waves of feminism in her time as one of DC’s favorite heroes, what better way to honor her than by collecting the best Wonder Woman stories!
    On sale SEPTEMBER 28 • 400 pg, FC, $39.99 US

WONDER WOMAN: THE GOLDEN AGE OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC
    Written by WILLIAM MOULTON MARSTON
    Art by H.G. PETER • Cover by DARWYN COOKE
    Wonder Woman, arguably the best-known female superhero in the world, and star of her own monthly comics, was introduced in the early 1940s in these quirky tales written by the inventor of the lie detector, psychologist William Moulton Marston. In these stories, Wonder Woman travels from Paradise Island to Man’s World, where she serves as an emissary of peace, using her bracelets and lasso of truth to stop injustice. These stories introduce the mythology of Wonder Woman as she battles the powers of evil—from crooked business owners to Nazi spies. Collects ALL STAR COMICS #8, SENSATION COMICS #1-24, WONDER WOMAN #1-7, and stories from COMIC CAVALCADE #1-4
    On sale OCTOBER 12 • 768 pg, FC, $75.00 US

Amazing!! July will be a great month. It's amusing that everyone is competing to write a new definitive origin of Wonder Woman. Could it be that the industry is finally starting to view her with some respect and admiration?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Never thought I would say this, but it's getting weird getting all of these WW origins. This is like third one this year. Not that I don't mind getting a definitive one for the actual continuity version.

DC is capitalizing on Wonder Woman's pretty successful appearance in the movies and her 75th anniversary. I hope no one goes too crazy with these origins. My head is still spinning/aching from Grant Morrison's contribution.

I think that finally this will be THE version for the foreseeable future. Bout time she got a clear origin. Also good that it'll only be 6 issues.

I'm still thinking we're gonna get a "Two Paradise Islands" reveal.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'm still thinking we're gonna get a "Two Paradise Islands" reveal.
    What's your theory?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I don't mind the origin being explored yet again, because it's about time the main canon Diana's first few years got explored. We'll finally be getting all the scattered elements in one book. Plus it's cool that we have options now: Rebirth, LoWW, Earth One and the films. And I'm loving every one of them so far.

The villain team up sounds promising. Whether it's Ares or Cheetah, it should yield some interesting results. It has to be one of those two, as they're on the cover for #1 and Rucka name dropped just the two of them in his interview for that DCU Rebirth special. I'd love to see the return of an Ares similar to his first run, as Rucka's take is the only time I've actually found the character engaging.

Quote Originally Posted by Bound4olympus View Post
    Amazing!! July will be a great month. It's amusing that everyone is competing to write a new definitive origin of Wonder Woman. Could it be that the industry is finally starting to view her with some respect and admiration?
    I will be getting that Jill Thompson painted novel for sure!

I'm glad that the title for the Jill Thompson's graphic novel changed, the previously announced "A Very Selfish Princess" was kind of off-putting.

Really excited to see how Rucka handles her early years, given that it's now gonna be the "official" origin and how many different takes on it we have coming out right now.

Also happy to see the focus on releasing WW collections, I'll be getting the Golden Age Omnibus for sure as I don't already own the Archives. Can't wait to see the Darwyn Cooke cover!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    I think that finally this will be THE version for the foreseeable future. Bout time she got a clear origin. Also good that it'll only be 6 issues.
    it was time to get a solic base for WW. we really need to know her first adventures and her falling in love with trevor.

so good see that i can read a good ww again

Mighty Member

I hope ettas in here as well

Hopefully this wont be a convoluted mess after the Superdad fiasco.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by willienotwilliam View Post
    yeah, she will be on ww book too.

Quote Originally Posted by willienotwilliam View Post
    Rucka did say that he would be writing Etta, whether that's in the past or the present remains to be seen. I just hope it's not New 52 Etta...