Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bound4olympus View Post
    What's your theory?
    That there's a floating Paradise Island as well as the one on the ground, and that one will be more "paradise"-like while the one below is more primitive.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    Rucka did say that he would be writing Etta, whether that's in the past or the present remains to be seen. I just hope it's not New 52 Etta...
    Most likely it will be new 52 Etta seeing as it's not a reboot.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Most likely it will be new 52 Etta seeing as it's not a reboot.
    This is one change I would gladly welcome...back to a more original Etta.

Incredible Member

I am so freaking excited for the Jill Thompson OGN and for the Omnibus. Christmas in July!!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    This is one change I would gladly welcome...back to a more original Etta.
    All they have to do is have her gain some weight

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Hopefully this wont be a convoluted mess after the Superdad fiasco.
    Ditto. The way things are positioned based on the solicits, it may be a bit too easy to retcon the New 52 canon relationship of the Ultimate Power Couple, which, should it come to pass, be beyond infuriating. WONDER WOMAN is the only #Rebirth book I remain interested in because she's my favorite comic book character and it's her 75th anniversary. And to me, the best thing to come out of The New 52 was Diana's relationship with Kal. I want so many things that Azzarello created to be undone by Rucka but not the Wonder Woman/Superman relationship. Anything but that.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

The more I read about Rucka's upcoming run, the more excited and hopeful I am for it. Looks like Jill Thompson's Wonder Woman book got a name change but I still don't see anything about it that appeals to me.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I don't think I could be more excited for Rucka's run, honestly. That cover is gorgeous! I feel like she's definitely teaming up with Ares in the story, which is great since I loved their interaction in Rucka's original run.

I'm still excited for Jill Thompson's book, but it does irk me that it's yet another "Past Diana" story. I'd like to see some new stories (in-continuity or not) of her in the present.

I thought Phil Jimenez had a book in the 75 Box Set? It looks like it was replaced with Rucka's at some point. A shame IMO, since we're getting Rucka's Vol. 1 soon.

If they're going to complete the Golden Age stuff in the omnibuses, looks like I'll have to get those instead. My poor WW Archive Editions will be incomplete.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NYCER View Post
    Ditto. The way things are positioned based on the solicits, it may be a bit too easy to retcon the New 52 canon relationship of the Ultimate Power Couple, which, should it come to pass, be beyond infuriating. WONDER WOMAN is the only #Rebirth book I remain interested in because she's my favorite comic book character and it's her 75th anniversary. And to me, the best thing to come out of The New 52 was Diana's relationship with Kal. I want so many things that Azzarello created to be undone by Rucka but not the Wonder Woman/Superman relationship. Anything but that.
    azzarello had nothing to do with smww relationship. the relationship isn't even important to wonder owman on the solo book.
    rucka should just adress it like a quick romance, and move on

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    Rucka did say that he would be writing Etta, whether that's in the past or the present remains to be seen. I just hope it's not New 52 Etta...
    It seems we are getting back the dark-haired Hippolyta so it's possible the real Etta will be back. If not, at least she's been featured in LoWW and Earth One.

I wouldn't mind African American Etta. We don't know much about her. As long as Etta's on the comic.

I hope he keeps strife around. I love her coming around causing chaos.

Mighty Member

Can't wait to read Thompson's WW book. Love the art she's shown. Will definitely give Rucka's WW book a look as well.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if I also went for it and bought the WW omni.

Back for noon feeding The Shredder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NYCER View Post
    I can't say that I don't have issues with Azz's run on Wonder Woman, because truth be told, I do. However, I can respect Azz for giving old and new readers a take on WW that got fans talking about her again, in addition to being, quite honestly, one of the more noteworthy runs since the New52 thing started in 2011.

Unfortunately, I disagree with you on the Supes/WW relationship. If it's decided, at some point in REBIRTH (I would assume it would have to be early on) to retcon the relationship into oblivion, I would be completely fine with that. I don't ever recall Azz addressing it during his run on WW, if at all, and as a reader of WW, I would consider Azz's run to be much more 'essential' to WW's mythology, than that of a Nu52Supes and Wonder Woman relationship.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by willienotwilliam View Post
    All they have to do is have her gain some weight
    well amanda wallers gained weight in the new suicide squad rebirth

Quote Originally Posted by tardisoperator View Post
    It seems we are getting back the dark-haired Hippolyta so it's possible the real Etta will be back. If not, at least she's been featured in LoWW and Earth One.
    I kinda hope its just lighting, Blonde Hippy's the one I grew up with. Of coures the original Hippolyta was dark-haired so its cool to use that version I guess. Blonde Hippolyta works best with the clay origin because Diana is not her flesh and blood and shouldn't necessarily have a strong physical resemblence to the Queen. Is it probably that the 'lies' are the Zuess-daddy origin?