Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

I take it from the covers and solicitations that they aren't doing this, but it'd be neat if the Justice League refused to give Superdad Superman's spot. Think of it from their perspective: Why should they? They have every reason to be suspicious of this alternate reality Superman who's 20 years older than their guy. They may meet him in the final month or so of their Superman's life, and he may help them or seem like a good guy, but they don't really know him. They've met at least one evil Superman alternate from another universe. Would you just hand him the keys to the Justice League satellite and all that advanced tech and knowledge about the world's heroes that he could use against you?

Usually, they kind of do a vetting before letting a new superhero join the team. Remember, how Green Arrow wanted in and they said no? From the Justice League's perspective, why would you treat this alternate Superman any differently from any new superhero type to appear on the scene? I mean, you might want to get to know him or not want to get to know him because he's an alternate of your old friend/lover/co-worker, but just being his duplicate from an alternate dimension doesn't mean he's good or trustworthy. You'd think think they'd hesitate. If Lex Luthor is still a member of the League, you'd *really* think they'd hesitate (I can't imagine him being easy on any version of Superman). Of course, Lex isn't in the promotional images of the Rebirth Justice League, so maybe he's just going Metropolis only with the Darkseid War ending.

I mean, to me, realistically, the only two people I could see just going along with this copy and paste Superman, if they write this like it'd really happen, would be the two Green Lantern rookies, who'd be the low people on the totem poll and not really be in position to complain about decisions made by the more established remaining members, and who wouldn't necessarily see Superdad as a weird duplicate trying to replace their friend. Jessica only knew Superman a little bit, and the new male Green Lantern not at all.

BANNED

How about a link?

I think another question would be, why does Superdad join in the first place? Does Superman ask him to? That's the only reason I could think of as to why he joins up. Remember this is a guy that even in his own universe wasn't exactly chomping at the bit to be a part of the team. He was an on and off kind of guy. We know why he takes back up in Metropolis, its to take on Lex. So there's gotta be a specific reason he joins the League. I would imagine that indeed Superman asks him to help out his friends.

The one thing they shouldn't do is have him join as a means to keep his eye on a group of unruly superheroes that he has to keep in line. If they do something like that they'll just make readers resent him. More than they already will.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-21-2016 at 02:41 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

if we realy go by flashpoint, the only guy that knows this superman is flash, after all he was there to make the verse change

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I think another question would be, why does Superdad join in the first place? Does Superman ask him to? That's the only reason I could think of as to why he joins up. Remember this is a guy that even in his own universe wasn't exactly chomping at the bit to be a part of the team. He was an on and off kind of guy. We know why he takes back up in Metropolis, its to take on Lex. So there's gotta be a specific reason he joins the League. I would imagine that indeed Superman asks him to help out his friends.

The one thing they shouldn't do is have him join as a means to keep his eye on a group of unruly superheroes that he has to keep in line. If they do something like that they'll just make readers resent him. More than they already will.
    "Well Lois, I have to go join the Justice League now."

Why?

"Well, the script says so."

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post

More than likely you are right and Superman asks Superdad.

I just had a crazy thought, what if Nuperman already knows Superdad exists and has been watching him from afar unknown to Superdad, opting to leave him alone until now? I could see Nuperman discovering he had a doppleganger, and he intended to confront him until he discovers he had a family with his Lois. In fact a part of me would love it if Nuperman would just show up to draft him out of the blue.

Maybe it happens just as in the beginning. Circumstances have him join.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    More than likely you are right and Superman asks Superdad.

I just had a crazy thought, what if Nuperman already knows Superdad exists and has been watching him from afar unknown to Superdad, opting to leave him alone until now? I could see Nuperman discovering he had a doppleganger, and he intended to confront him until he discovers he had a family with his Lois. In fact a part of me would love it if Nuperman would just show up to draft him out of the blue.
    Batman may have told nuSuperman about LCSuperman because in either Lois and Clark 5 or 6, LCSuperman saved Batman's life when an arrow was going right for Batman's head and he didn't know it. But he did find the remains of the arrow(or may have had the tipless shaft hit him I forget) and saw LCSuperman flying off.

So knowing Batman, he probably did surveillance and everything else since I think I remember that scene being something that happened "several years ago" Batman probably knows all about Jon and Lois and Clark.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lairston View Post
    Batman may have told nuSuperman about LCSuperman because in either Lois and Clark 5 or 6, LCSuperman saved Batman's life when an arrow was going right for Batman's head and he didn't know it. But he did find the remains of the arrow(or may have had the tipless shaft hit him I forget) and saw LCSuperman flying off.

So knowing Batman, he probably did surveillance and everything else since I think I remember that scene being something that happened "several years ago" Batman probably knows all about Jon and Lois and Clark.
    I like my idea better. I'd love to see Superman for once know something Batman didn't.

BATMAN: " You mean you knew that you had a doppleganger living in secret right under our noses for the past decade? When were you going to tell me?"

SUPERMAN: " when you figured it out yourself, Bruce. You must be getting senile in your thirties.

Me too.

I like Batman but I'm sick of Batgod.

And I would love to see that response from Superman in the actual comic.
    Last edited by Lairston; 04-21-2016 at 09:18 PM.