Default Marvel Unlimited Questions

Thinking of switching over to Marvel Unlimited for the majority of my Marvel reading. I see it claims to have everything 6 months after, does this include event books and Star Wars stuff? It seems like a great offer and if it is a good as it seems I am jumping right in for it.

It doesn't have all the older stuff yet. That'll take a long time. But it has, to my knowledge and experience, everything published since Marvel NOW and forward. Also yes it has both classic and new Star Wars comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Guy View Post
    It doesn't have all the older stuff yet. That'll take a long time. But it has, to my knowledge and experience, everything published since Marvel NOW and forward. Also yes it has both classic and new Star Wars comics.
    Excellent I was more looking for what is going on now and forward. Good to know thank you.

BANNED

Its missing a lot of older stuff. Not sure about newer stuff.

Its still a great deal though and part of the reason why its now been five months since I bought a print comic. If your willing to wait you can save a lot of money on it by waiting til the holidays. Every holiday season over the last few years they've ran a promo where you get about 33% off the yearly price.

Sorry for the necro thread, but I was wondering, will Unlimited ever have a JOHN BYRNE's Namor series?

Quote Originally Posted by Viz View Post
    Sorry for the necro thread, but I was wondering, will Unlimited ever have a JOHN BYRNE's Namor series?
    possibly. I'm sure things are being held in the vault for future promotional reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by neohuey89 View Post
    possibly. I'm sure things are being held in the vault for future promotional reasons.
    Well that's just it, I just searched on there and didn't see it. I was hoping someone had seen it and I'm looking it up the wrong way.

Is there a schedule that Marvel is using to upload old series?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I always search first by going to the Browse option on the menu bar and then go down the the Series Index A- Z below the featured items.

They don't have a placeholder for Byrne's Namor series but I would think it should be there eventually since there were what, 2 TPBs of it? You just never know when something will show up on Marvel Digital unfortunately. Looks like they don't have it in the digital shop either.

Sometimes I have better luck just googling a title and issue # then look for the link that takes me to Marvel.

I was a charter subscriber, and it brought me an incredible amount of pleasure, but I quit when they removed the two-page view.

Pads and phones are neat, but comics aren't designed to be read 1 page at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeweasel View Post
    I was a charter subscriber, and it brought me an incredible amount of pleasure, but I quit when they removed the two-page view.

Pads and phones are neat, but comics aren't designed to be read 1 page at a time.
    I miss that too. When I use the free code on a comic that I bought at the LCS, at least I can read them in the digital shop that I think uses the Comicology reader. I wish they would get the rights to use that reader too for the Digital Library.

Finally subscribed last night, already read like 20 issues catching up. I'll never catch up. This service is great.

It's good for a series you may have missed or hunting for back issues of a title that has never been in a collected form. It can be spotty at times. For example Doom 2099's Warren Ellis issues were collected in a TPB but it's not available in the digital store (I have the book anyway) and only one single issue is available from the early issues by John Francis Moore and that is because it is in a crossover with other titles. But it is is great for finding that one issue you may have missed in a current title if you wait 6 months until it moves over into the library