Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Maybe I should try to explain what I'm trying to avoid... all I heard on the news most of the time is conflicts in Israel and the Middle East and also religious conflicts in the Middle East.

I worry given the political subject of the matter would be annoying to some readers. That's why I'm trying to avoid.
    By concern trolling? You're raising an issue that no one is worried about under the guise of trying to avoid it?

Anyway I think it'd be pretty hacky for someone to tell a story where they are at odds for no other reason then building a hamfisted story by stereotyping international politics.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 06-23-2014 at 01:15 PM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Yeah, I don't see it being an issue. Kamala's religious, but not overly political. One does not innately entail the other.
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    By concern trolling? You're raising an issue that no one is worried about under the guise of trying to avoid it?

Anyway I think it'd be pretty hacky for someone to tell a story where they are at odds for no other reason then building a hamfisted story by stereotyping international politics.
    Once again, I say that I'm not good with stuff like this and I do apologize if I did disturbed you with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    This I could see. I'm not sure what would bring Kamala to Israel though, at least this far in her career. She seems to be kind of focused on New Jersey at the present which honestly I prefer. I like the early Spider-Man vibe the series has so far.
    Yeah I could see somehow Sabra being in the area, sees some sort of disturbance, and then Kamala and her show up on the scene separately. Given the way series has that early Spider-Man vibe as you said, it could almost turn into a Spidey/Torch dynamic. My own preference though would have been for Kamala to interact with Carol before we had any guest stars though.

Once again, I say that I'm not good with stuff like this and I do apologize if I did disturbed you with this.
    It's cool. I'm not really upset just confused by what motivated the idea that they might have some sort of predetermined conflict. I'd like to see Sabra used more often but I think she'd make more sense in Avengers World rather than popping up in Ms. Marvel. After Ms. Marvel grows more global then maybe it would make sense to have them crossover.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

I'd be fine with them meeting because Sabra's cool. I can imagine Kamala totally geeking out over her, and I can imagine that making Sabra a little uncomfortable, but also a little amused. I figure the biggest issue would be that Sabra's a professional, and Kamala's so new to the hero business that Sabra might find it a bit annoying.

Now you got me thinking what would happen if Dust met the new Ms. Marvel ?
    This seems much more like an organic hero meet-up than Ms. Marvel and Sabra.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    Only by upbringing. Kamala's as American as they come.

Also, she's not the first. Dust of the X-Men precedes her, and I'm sure there are others.
    Yeah, there's also Excalibur* who's also a Pakistani Muslim & Superhero fangirl, but is British and a bit older in her mid-late twenties or so (she's a trained doctor, but still up with youth culture). I think a meeting between those two could be cool.

*http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=12839

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Yeah I could see somehow Sabra being in the area, sees some sort of disturbance, and then Kamala and her show up on the scene separately. Given the way series has that early Spider-Man vibe as you said, it could almost turn into a Spidey/Torch dynamic. My own preference though would have been for Kamala to interact with Carol before we had any guest stars though.
    spoilers:
    Well Wolverine's meeting her before Carol, I'm afraid
    end of spoilers

BANNED

lmao, in this scenario is Sabra on an international investigation of the corner bodega that Kamela buys her coffee from every morning?

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

Would it be okay to any Marvel fan if the new Ms. Marvel encountered Sabra on her hero journey ?
    I'm pretty sure there is no way in which any Marvel fan would be okay with this.

BANNED

ms. marvel often switches her appearance into that of a white woman, so she's immune to racial profiling.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post
    I'm pretty sure there is no way in which any Marvel fan would be okay with this.
    Several posters have already said they are fine with it.

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Several posters have already said they are fine with it.
    Oh, in that case I guess it was a silly question.

BANNED

Sure, I've always liked Sabra as to how Marvel would handle it. Thats another story.

Quote Originally Posted by IdaqiBeauty View Post
    ms. marvel often switches her appearance into that of a white woman, so she's immune to racial profiling.
    She's since moved on from that habit.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!