View Poll Results: Favorite African or African-American Superhero in the DCU?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • Green Lantern (John Stewert)

39 30.00%
  • Black Lightning (Jefferson Pierce)

12 9.23%
  • Vixen (Mari Jiwe McCabe)

27 20.77%
  • The Spectre (Crispus Allen)

2 1.54%
  • Firestorm (Jason Rusch)

2 1.54%
  • Cyborg (Victor Stone)

10 7.69%
  • Aqualad (Kaldur'ahm)

10 7.69%
  • Mr. Terrific (Michael Holt)

10 7.69%
  • Steel (John Henry Irons)

6 4.62%
  • Bumblebee (Karen Beecher)

1 0.77%
  • Hot Spot (Isaiah Crockett)

0 0%
  • Herald/Guardian/Vox (Mal Duncan)

0 0%
  • Batwing I (David Zavimbe)

3 2.31%
  • Batwing II (Luke Fox)

3 2.31%
  • Other

5 3.85%
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    The character Static isn't totally owned by DC. Not really sure what the current deal between the two companies is but originally DC licensed the characters, editorial services, and creative content of the Milestone books for an annual fee and a share of the profits. So you can see why they might not want to make Static one of their top characters. They would have to pay the original Milestone founders. Currently Static isn't even a part of the main DC continuity. There is supposed to be a line of Milestone books published by DC under the title Earth M. Milestone is currently a different earth in the DC multiverse.

The Milestone characters would easily be my favorites if they were on the list. Nothing DC produces can compare to Hardware, Blood Syndicate and Holocaust. They were truly ahead of their time

Ultimate Member

The character Static isn't totally owned by DC. Not really sure what the current deal between the two companies is but originally DC licensed the characters, editorial services, and creative content of the Milestone books for an annual fee and a share of the profits. So you can see why they might not want to make Static one of their top characters. They would have to pay the original Milestone founders. Currently Static isn't even a part of the main DC continuity. There is supposed to be a line of Milestone books published by DC under the title Earth M. Milestone is currently a different earth in the DC multiverse.

The original Milestone contract stared Milestone got a check whether or NOT Dc used them.

If that is the issue-Milestone should not be on your roster.

If you bothered to invest in the chracter money would not be an issue.

Sharing profit is a price you PAY because your staff lacked the skills or desire to develop whoever you have on your roster.

Invest in John Stewart-you don't need Static

Invest in Cyborg-you don't need Static

Invest in Vixen, BL and all the rest instead acting scared that if you do you get troll and death threaten like Marvel is dealing with now.

Milestone is no different than everyone else including Johns who Dc has to pay royalties to.

Use him or let him go. I'm sure IDW would LOVE to have Static as would Titan Comics, Scout Comics & others-including Marvel.

And the last thing DC would want is a Static/Deadpool/Spider Man trash talking book or Static, Miles, Nova & Ms Marvel book.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The original Milestone contract stared Milestone got a check whether or NOT Dc used them.

If that is the issue-Milestone should not be on your roster.

If you bothered to invest in the chracter money would not be an issue.

Sharing profit is a price you PAY because your staff lacked the skills or desire to develop whoever you have on your roster.

Invest in John Stewart-you don't need Static

Invest in Cyborg-you don't need Static

Invest in Vixen, BL and all the rest instead acting scared that if you do you get troll and death threaten like Marvel is dealing with now.

Milestone is no different than everyone else including Johns who Dc has to pay royalties to.

Use him or let him go. I'm sure IDW would LOVE to have Static as would Titan Comics, Scout Comics & others-including Marvel.

And the last thing DC would want is a Static/Deadpool/Spider Man trash talking book or Static, Miles, Nova & Ms Marvel book.
    Static, Blue Beetle, and Cassandra Cain could be DC's answer to Miles, Nova and Ms Marvel imo. They are already popular! Put them in a book together and I'd buy that instantly!!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

BANNED

We never even seen them together in one book. I think Static and Blue Beetle were briefly together on Teen Titans but the run was crap as all Titan runs have been for about a decade.

Bronze Tiger!!
    Last edited by Samm; 09-05-2016 at 07:36 PM.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/38...ning-tv-series

Black Lightning tv show is moving forward as Fox has ordered a pilot!!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Spectacular Member baycitybomber's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post

Bronze Tiger!!
    Which book was this?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by baycitybomber View Post
    Which book was this?
    That was iirc the pre rebirth Deathstroke series.

Astonishing Member

Hmm. I don't know if I necesarilly have a favorite Black superhero.

Most books I read don't focus on them or treat them all that well. I adored Batwing I when he was around. I was loving David's book.

I suppose if I had to choose one I'd say Natasha Irons. Steel II or whatever codename she uses was always a favorite of mine (particularly as a trio with Traci 13 and Cir-El) and it's nice to see her making regular appearances in Superwoman.
    Last edited by PyroTwilight; 06-19-2017 at 08:42 AM.