Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default A Hero Falls In "Civil War II," Maria Hill Stands Trial & More In Marvel's July Releases

Mary Jane enters the fray, Iron Man learns the truth about his parents, "Apocalypse Wars" concludes and more!

Full article here.

Boy, everything is all civil war this month; still, marvel is easily outpacing my dc pull list. New avengers is starting to wobble for me; glad to see dum dum dugan here(he needs to be on a team again). Not interested, though in the continued focus on white tiger, my least favorite avenger.

Way too many books tying into Civil War. Disappointing. May have to rethink my pull list and that pains me.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

I am thinking about using Civil War II and DC’s Rebirth as jumping off points. I will probably spend most of my comic reading time with old classic runs. I will still check in to see what is happening with the new stuff but that will no longer be my main focus.

Way to many tie ins. What is this 10 years ago? Marvel never learns does it?
    Last edited by Supermutant2099; 04-19-2016 at 10:22 AM.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Trial of the century will be She Hulk for killing War Machine and Tony's parents will be the Watsons, so clear at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Trial of the century will be She Hulk for killing War Machine and Tony's parents will be the Watsons, so clear at this point.
    I rather have that option but at least she can be acquitted on self defense or something. Still would be really stupid. I just keep asking WHY? Is this so unnecessary. This book is so unnecessary. Death is unnecessary. This whole event or crossover or whatever is unnecessary just so they can have one near Civil War movie. LAME.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    I rather have that option but at least she can be acquitted on self defense or something. Still would be really stupid. I just keep asking WHY? Is this so unnecessary. This book is so unnecessary. Death is unnecessary. This whole event or crossover or whatever is unnecessary just so they can have one near Civil War movie. LAME.
    The insistence Marvel and DC has in thinking that they HAVE to kill off a beloved B-List character for a few years to make an event work is stupid, especially when it's the sort of event clearly done for connectivity with the movies. War Machine looks likely to die in the movie so logically according to Marvel he must die in the comics. And possibly making Jennifer a murderer? Is she going to end up in the Penance role in this take on Civil War?

...god I hope not.

wow. they are really making She-Hulk fans nervous with the marketing.

The insistence Marvel and DC has in thinking that they HAVE to kill off a beloved B-List character for a few years to make an event work is stupid, especially when it's the sort of event clearly done for connectivity with the movies. War Machine looks likely to die in the movie so logically according to Marvel he must die in the comics. And possibly making Jennifer a murderer? Is she going to end up in the Penance role in this take on Civil War?

...god I hope not.
    I know its stupid. Suppose to major character death but Jen and War Machine been as less then that. Now all sudden for plot convenience and sales they are?
    On the penance thing? Cause that really worked out so well. Oh wait speedball back to normal but and totally ignore that era anymore. God that was dumb. God Civil War what came from it was so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    wow. they are really making She-Hulk fans nervous with the marketing.
    Wouldn't you be nervious you favorite character was possibly being killed off for no real reason and maybe in way that you know shouldn't be possible? But I swear bendis one of those writers if doesn't like or know anything about character goes with whatever.
    Last edited by Supermutant2099; 04-19-2016 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Way too many books tying into Civil War. Disappointing. May have to rethink my pull list and that pains me.
    Yeah, they hype these Events and it sound exciting. But when the solicits arrive and you're looking at this avalanche of tie ins, you kinda just want to duck out of the way and let it pass.
    "You can talk your way out of almost anything." - Fortune Cookie Proverb

T. Foolery's unwieldy, yet not entirely unimpressive, collection of funny books.

I'm excited! If you don't like shared universe super hero comics, maybe you should quit reading them. There's this AMAZING company called Image. Buy from them if you want a stand alone series that ties into nothing but itself.

Niffleheim

I don't mind tie-ins in books that i'm already pulling but it is always amusing reading complaints about Marvel's numerous events.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

...god I hope not.
    I really don't think WM will die in the movie. I mean they showed him "Appearing" to die just to leave fans guessing, but Marvel Studios is no DC studios. They wouldn't spoil the most pivotal points of the movie isn't the trailers.

Im going to have to just say no to a lame attempt at nostalgia. Especially when bendis is writing.