Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    If they add those two.... i'll wait for the DVD.

That was the worst thing when Saban got PR back.
    How can you not love Bulk and Skull?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    99% of the time they were a waste of time. Doing live version of bugs bunny and daffy duck wasnt interesting most of the time.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    99% of the time they were a waste of time. Doing live version of bugs bunny and daffy duck wasnt interesting most of the time.
    But that was sort of their point though. You should check out Pauly Shore and Jason Narve's panel on Youtube. Skull is now a PHD and teaches at the college where my friend goes, and he and Pauley bring up some really fascinating insight into the series and how things worked on set for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Agreed with the Trakeena analogy, she looks kind of like a messed up version of a villain from Kamen Rider. I really do hope they do something with Bulk and Skull or at least give the actors from the shows cameos, given that, you know, they did a lot of work to make the franchise stay around for people in this day and age.

My question, why no matching colors though?
    What do you mean? If you're wondering why she's green and not gold like the Original Rita, I'm fairly certain it's because she's going to be much more connected to the Green Ranger mythos than she was in the show. She's got the reptilian (read: dragon) design in the green, with gold highlights. Even her pointed shoulders are reminiscent of the dragonzord.

I not really opposed to the idea of Rita being the Evil Green Ranger. Heck, I'll say it right now that that's a way better explanation for why she had the Dragon Coin than the actual canon reason that the series gives. But they still could have incorporated the Green Ranger motif into a design that's noticeably witch-like to create a recognizable modern design for Rita.

But that was sort of their point though. You should check out Pauly Shore and Jason Narve's panel on Youtube. Skull is now a PHD and teaches at the college where my friend goes, and he and Pauley bring up some really fascinating insight into the series and how things worked on set for everything.
    They also have the most appearances out of any other characters in Power Rangers.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Their point was to waste time?!?!?!?

It's... an interesting choice. It is different but I think it could work. Maybe I'll have to see it in action to judge.

I think what throws it off for some people is that this looks more like something a PR female combatant would were not your standard evil overlord.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 04-21-2016 at 12:44 AM.

I think it looks pretty alright, she doesn't look anything like the original Rita but I don't mind. I have hope that this movie will be awesome, if not the current PR stuff from BOOM is amazing so there's that.

Is Tommy going to be in this or are they holding him for the sequel? (It's no coincidence that Rita just happens to be green)

The most important question is, who is playing Bulk & Skull? We need these awesome heroes in the movie.
    Yeah I was thinking they might be going for a stronger connection between Rita and the Dragon coin in this. In the show it was stated Ninjor created the power coins but it was never stated how Rita got her hands on the dragon coin.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    What do you mean? If you're wondering why she's green and not gold like the Original Rita, I'm fairly certain it's because she's going to be much more connected to the Green Ranger mythos than she was in the show. She's got the reptilian (read: dragon) design in the green, with gold highlights. Even her pointed shoulders are reminiscent of the dragonzord.
    She may end up creating the Green Ranger and the Dragonzord as a counter to the Rangers.

I'm also thinking that Dads who end up having to take thier little kids to this will at least have something nice to look at.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    ??

Dulcea is portrayed by Gabrielle Fitzpatrick.
    Yes she was but that was Hargitay in that particular pic.

http://awwman.com/nps/main/2009/09/n...ers-the-movie/

She was a replacement for Fitzpatrick that never ended up in the actual film.

Do you mean Bulk? That's Paul Schrier, not Pauly Shore (thankfully).

Anyway, I don't know how I feel about Rita's costume yet. She doesn't look anything like Rita, so there's no nostalgia factor or anything. On the other hand, if they do something interesting, like (as others have suggested in this thread) she was the original Green Ranger, or if it's just to tie her into the Green Ranger more, or something along those lines, then I should be fine with it. I don't think it's a bad design; it's just not what I was expecting. I just hope the movie isn't dark and gritty.
    I'm still waiting for a new Wonder Twins ongoing. Let's make it happen, DC!

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Yes she was but that was Hargitay in that particular pic.

http://awwman.com/nps/main/2009/09/n...ers-the-movie/

She was a replacement for Fitzpatrick that never ended up in the actual film.
    Wow. Never knew that.

Astonishing Member

I would give all the original actors who wanted one cameos, but Bulk and Skull were awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Yeah I was thinking they might be going for a stronger connection between Rita and the Dragon coin in this. In the show it was stated Ninjor created the power coins but it was never stated how Rita got her hands on the dragon coin.
    It never was really explained because they didn't really bother going into the backstory much during the first season. They couldn't do a straight up adaptation of the Burai storyline from Zyuranger mainly because of how they set up MMPR. So the simple out was just giving the coin to Rita.