Page 1 of 133 123451151101 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Logan (formerly Wolv3rine casting begins)

From comicbook.com:

The stand-ins needed are shorter "Caucasian, Hispanic and Asian looking females over the age of 21," specifically at a height of 4'-4'11" and size 0-4 with dark brown hair.

Likewise, photo doubles for the same, "Caucasian, Hispanic, and Asian-looking females" but this time children, age 6-13, at a similar height of 4'2"-4'5" and also with dark brown hair.
    Interesting description of what they're looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    From comicbook.com:

Interesting description of what they're looking for.
    Laura? Well if it is Laura then I hope they (the movie's writer) simplified her origin story a little bit.
    ꦩꦒ꧀ꦤꦺꦠꦺꦴ ꦩꦺꦩꦁ ꦧꦼꦤꦂ

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by veriaqa View Post
    Laura? Well if it is Laura then I hope they (the movie's writer) simplified her origin story a little bit.
    That was my immediate thought. The characteristics — short, slight, dark-haired — seem to fit, though Laura's never actually been depicted as Asian or Hispanic in the books. Evo X could possibly pass as Latina, tho.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I doubt its laura. Although qith it being in the future its possible. That description could be anyone.

But at least casting begun. So we have Hugh Jackman
    Patrick stewert and Boyd Holbrook as the villian
    boyd-holbrook.jpg.cf.jpg

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Don't mind a dark skinned, Hispanic/Latin Laura.

If it turns out we're getting a Brazillian Laura, I'll be a happy man.

BANNED

I hope they bring back Lady Deathstrike. It may be hard to give her a past history with Logan given her X2 appearance, but she's so awesome! But X-23 would be just as satisfying, if not better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    That was my immediate thought. The characteristics — short, slight, dark-haired — seem to fit, though Laura's never actually been depicted as Asian or Hispanic in the books. Evo X could possibly pass as Latina, tho.
    I actually cannot agree with that entirely. We and many others know that she is supposed to be Caucasian. I have seen someone who thought that she is Asian though. That particular person was the butt of jokes because of it on another forum but yeah. As you said X-Men: Evolution version could easily pass as Hispanic considering her dark skin tone.
    And I have to say that while it very likely wasn't intended and just the style of the artist I personally did get some very serious Asian vibes from both Sarah and Laura while reading Innocence Lost.

"This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    I actually cannot agree with that entirely. We and many others know that she is supposed to be Caucasian. I have seen someone who thought that she is Asian though. That particular person was the butt of jokes because of it on another forum but yeah. As you said X-Men: Evolution version could easily pass as Hispanic considering her dark skin tone.
    And I have to say that while it very likely wasn't intended and just the style of the artist I personally did get some very serious Asian vibes from both Sarah and Laura while reading Innocence Lost.

Good to see I'm not the only one that got the Asian vibe from Innocence Lost. Wouldn't mind an Asian version of Laura (a la, AoA) either.

Still, I've grown accustomed to David López's thicker/more athletic build for Laura....so I still wants me a Brazillian Laura, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by veriaqa View Post
    I do have to ask. What's there to simplify?

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Boyd Holbrook as the villian
    boyd-holbrook.jpg.cf.jpg
    Hmmmmm interesting

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Good to see I'm not the only one that got the Asian vibe from Innocence Lost. Wouldn't mind an Asian version of Laura (a la, AoA) either.

Still, I've grown accustomed to David López's thicker/more athletic build for Laura....so I still wants me a Brazillian Laura, lol.
    Good thing about reminding me of Kirika Yashida who I forgot about. Yeah that's pretty much the Asian alternate universe version Laura though she is different from Laura in more than just name and ethnicity.
    Well I like a more athletic build too. I always did. I have to credit Mike Choi there though. He was the first and still the best one at giving her a more athletic build in my opinion.

That being said I know it's incredibly hard to get all these attributes together on a person and them being decent actor too. It's like some people saying Ronda Rousey would be perfect for Captain Marvel. Sure the physical part is right but the actual acting ability is questionable.

I must say that her ethnicity plays pretty much no role though at least IMO. It was never relevant in the story. The only thing that was is that she has the same ethnicity/looks of her mother and that's pretty much it.

I do have to ask. What's there to simplify?

Hmmmmm interesting

Good thing about reminding me of Kirika Yashida who I forgot about. Yeah that's pretty much the Asian alternate universe version Laura though she is different from Laura in more than just name and ethnicity.
    Well I like a more athletic build too. I always did. I have to credit Mike Choi there though. He was the first and still the best one at giving her a more athletic build in my opinion.

That being said I know it's incredibly hard to get all these attributes together on a person and them being decent actor too. It's like some people saying Ronda Rousey would be perfect for Captain Marvel. Sure the physical part is right but the actual acting ability is questionable.

I must say that her ethnicity plays pretty much no role though at least IMO. It was never relevant in the story. The only thing that was is that she has the same ethnicity/looks of her mother and that's pretty much it.
    True. As long as she looks similar to whoever would be her mother, it's fine. Despite my love for Brazilian women, the ethnicity of a potential Laura casting isn't too important. Acting level first, and if they can find a minority, with a Mike Choi, or David Lopez, Laura figure, then it's icing on top yo.

The thread is about casting a Wolverine 3, but again occupied X 23. Ugh. There is no news about her participation. It's just a dream fans.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Yeah i dont know. Im not one who is thinkig of x23 in this lol. We know nothing of the film accept that its in the future has xavier and some millitary bad guy.

"Holbrook will play a relentless, calculating and intense head of security for a global enterprise "

Its either some form of old man logan or something else lol
    Last edited by berserkerclaw; 04-20-2016 at 02:59 AM.

Or OLG's family, Spider-girl by any other name and yet another Jubilee for the Old Man Logan flashback.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Yeah i dont know. I lm bot one who is thinkig of x23 in this lol. We know nothing of the film accept that its on the future has xavier and some millitary bad guy. Its either some form of old man logan or something else lol
    Just a slight correction. The bad guy is described as "head of security for a global enterprise". That has nothing to do with military
    It's also always funny to see you posting on your phone lol. I honestly don't know what you meant with your second sentence.

Well, if they're sticking with the same origin story as in the comic books, then it's fair to assume they would cast a Caucasian actress because they'd want her to look like Jackman/Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo
    The thread is about casting a Wolverine 3, but again occupied X 23. Ugh. There is no news about her participation. It's just a dream fans.
    Well, you know by now that this board has a handful of active X-23 fans, and you can't really blame them for dreaming. Especially given that Laura is now using the Wolverine title in the comics combined with the fact that Jackman is retiring from the role.

Do I think they will introduce Laura and make her the new Wolverine in the movie universe rather than recasting Logan? No, not really. But you have to admit the timing of events makes fertile ground for dreams.