Page 129 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133 LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 1990
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Some of the films currently ahead of Logan in the all-time domestic box office for R-rated films:

Terminator 2: $204M
    Wedding Crashers: $209M
    300: $210M
    Saving Private Ryan: $216M

Passing Saving Private Ryan, which it could very well do by the end of next weekend, would put it in the Top 10 all-time domestic for R-rated films. After which comes:

Ted: $218M
    The Exorcist: $232M
    Beverly Hills Cop: $234M
    The Hangover II: $254M
    The Hangover: $277M

I think all of these are reachable by the time it leaves theaters. However after that we get Matrix Reloaded, American Sniper, Deadpool, and Passion of the Christ on the domestic box office. It has an outside chance to get to Matrix Reloaded, but it's going to be very hard-pressed to reach the $350M+ of the last three.
    Terminator 2 will be climbing back up a few spots this year when it's re-released in 3D by James Cameron.

Quote Originally Posted by jlgarsh View Post
    Terminator 2 will be climbing back up a few spots this year when it's re-released in 3D by James Cameron.
    I saw that announcement earlier this year. The thing is the movie really does stand the test of time. I upgraded to the blu-ray recently, and started it on my player just to see if I could tell the difference. Wouldn't you know it, I couldn't stop watching the movie. Even when I guaranteed myself a certain scene was going to be my clear stopping point.

Final weekend numbers.

BANNED

I'd be incredibly surprised if that makes an appreciable change in its lifetime box office. Rereleases tend to be limited runs in terms of duration and number of screens.

Spectacular Member

Titanic made about $65 million on re-release, and I'm willing to bet T2 will have a strong nostalgic feeling towards it as well. If they release a couple ads, it'll make a bit of money. Terminator fans have been begging for another critically acclaimed film since 1991. They'll probably show up for the chance to see it again.

BANNED

Titanic made about $65 million on re-release, and I'm willing to bet T2 will have a strong nostalgic feeling towards it as well. If they release a couple ads, it'll make a bit of money. Terminator fans have been begging for another critically acclaimed film since 1991. They'll probably show up for the chance to see it again.
    Titanic is frankly a bad comparison for ANY film's box office trend, considering by any reasonable standard it shouldn't have made NEARLY as much money as it did. It's pretty much the definition of "overperforming."

Quote Originally Posted by Killercroc357 View Post
    I saw that announcement earlier this year. The thing is the movie really does stand the test of time. I upgraded to the blu-ray recently, and started it on my player just to see if I could tell the difference. Wouldn't you know it, I couldn't stop watching the movie. Even when I guaranteed myself a certain scene was going to be my clear stopping point.

Would I be overselling it to say that Terminator 2 is basically the perfect movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Franchise408 View Post
    Would I be overselling it to say that Terminator 2 is basically the perfect movie?
    I liked the first Terminator more...

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I liked the first Terminator more...
    Tu es loco en la cabeza.

Nah, I loved the first Terminator movie too. But to me, Terminator 2 is like... the be all end all of movies for me. It -might- be my favorite movie of all time, but even at worst it's like a top 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Franchise408 View Post
    It is high on the list based on casting, script, character buildout, messaging, soundtrack and SFX that for its time still competes with today's movies.

Spectacular Member

It is high on the list based on casting, script, character buildout, messaging, soundtrack and SFX that for its time still competes with today's movies.
    T2 and Logan are both in my top 5 favorite movies ever!

Spectacular Member

Saw Logan again for the 6th time. It was a smaller theater, but there were only 7 empty seats out of 50.

Final weekend numbers.

Where do you find this list btw? Would be nice to compare Logan with every other super hero movie just because.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

this movie was trully a gift
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Saw Logan again for the 6th time. It was a smaller theater, but there were only 7 empty seats out of 50.

Sounds like the numbers tomorrow are going to be quite strong. To finally see a Wolverine movie break $200MM domestic - and international far exceeding expectations - this is Fox-Marvel dynamite again. Keep on going!