Page 116 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 1990

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Found this on Reddit and thought it was interesting.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xmen/commen...e_detail_that/
    Wow, intentional or not, that's quite poetic.
    Trying to catch up on 2 years of Marvel comics.....
    Comic Book Parody - Funny comic book stuff.
    X-Men: Drama of the Atom - An unfinished Battle of the Atom parody.

Quote Originally Posted by anthony_lynch15 View Post
    Wow, intentional or not, that's quite poetic.
    Yeah man, as much as it hurts, I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Killercroc357 View Post
    When she calls him 'Daddy' and he smiles at her before saying 'This is what it is like', I took it as two meanings:

- What it means to be loved again.
    - What it means to be dying.

What a way to go out! Jackman must be having the hardest time sleeping, as the love of this film just doesn't stop.
    I don't know why people keep saying the second one. They seem to forget Wolverine died many times in the movies. Just because he came back, doesnt mean that he doesnt know the feeling of dying.
    He even said in the very first X-Men movie, when Rogue touched him after he stabbed her, that it felt like dying. So he knew the feeling even back then!
    Then at the end of X-Men 1 on the statue he was touched even longer and was in a coma for a long time. That feeling of dying was even greater then, even tho he didn't die.

In Wolverine Origins he died in the tank when they put the adamantium in him. He came back to life because of his healing factor, but he was flatlined, he was dead till the adamantium was cooled off enough for the body to regenerate. And he died in the most horrible way that time, be burned from the inside. The pain he had to endure...no human can imagine.

In The Wolverine he died on the table when he put that thing from his heart. His body regenerated, but he died there. Yukio's vision came true. But he came back.

Now 1 year before Logan, when Xavier had his attack and killed his dearest friends...you bet your asses that he sees that as lost something of himself. He died for every friend he lost there. And that's not speaking about the attack alone, that must have been similar to the Rogue incidents.

Logan knows better how dying feels like than most people. But he NEVER knew what a blood family was. Victor wasn't the best example of a caring brother. Logan killed his real father before he found out it was him and he father he knew, was not. Logan never experienced that love that only family can give. He didn't accept Laura till the very end. She calls him daddy. The only time anyone ever used a family term on him in a caring matter. (Victor's "little brother" was the opposite of that) That is when he realized, she is his blood, his family. She loves him like only family can. That is when he gets that realization, that he finally knows what it feels like, to be loved, and to love.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Kubus-Sc7 View Post
    I don't know why people keep saying the second one. They seem to forget Wolverine died many times in the movies. Just because he came back, doesnt mean that he doesnt know the feeling of dying.

There. Now you can't get too uptight over people having different thoughts.

In that final scene, I think Logan realizes this is it. No super-healing. No chance at all mortal wound parts will grow back. So it is the recognition the end is coming for real. But even more importantly, experiencing that mutual selfless love again.

BANNED

A black and white cut has been confirmed for the Blu-Ray.

Kind of wish they'd release it in theaters, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    A black and white cut has been confirmed for the Blu-Ray.

Kind of wish they'd release it in theaters, too.
    What would also be interesting is if they'd have a version where everything is black and white, except for the blood. But yeah, Logan does feel like the kind of movie that would do well in black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by healed1337 View Post
    What would also be interesting is if they'd have a version where everything is black and white, except for the blood. But yeah, Logan does feel like the kind of movie that would do well in black and white.
    Didn't Sin City 2 do that with the lead-in scene? It definitely made that stand out more.

Ultimate Member

Nah, I think that the use of color and lighting really helped the movie myself.

Wolverine-Thumbs-Up.jpg

This was just an awesome experience. Not just the movie but the all too rare feeling of having sky high expectations met.

I'm gonna get an image of Patrick Stewart sticking his tongue out as my avatar once enough time has passed for the dearly departed currently holding that position.
    Game Over man! Game Over!

BANNED

I saw the film yesterday for the second time and really enjoyed it. I will probably see it again.

Although I will confess being a massive X-23/Laura Kinney fan. I can't help but say that I was really impressed with Keene's performance.
    There are child actors, and then there are child actors. Keene really managed to capture X-23's essence of being an adult in the body of an child:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-future-983396
    Last edited by Mia; 03-11-2017 at 09:04 AM.

Confirmed by Box Office Mojo today!

Logan just became profitable overnight with that news.

Confirmed by Box Office Mojo today!

Logan just became profitable overnight with that news.

Um...it made its miney in the first weekend. What was it, 244 mio or so? Worldwide of course. Why do people only think domestic when movies are made for the whole world? 'Murica first? XD

Um...it made its miney in the first weekend. What was it, 244 mio or so? Worldwide of course. Why do people only think domestic when movies are made for the whole world? 'Murica first? XD
    Hey - not for nothing. Please don't do that 'ummmm' thing. That comes across like you know something more than someone else when you do that. It's rude. How about having a respectful conversation on a chat board?

Now as far as having a conversation - because a worldwide movie has a 50% split across the Domestic Market (USA, Canada), and an estimated 75% (all other countries) because of forced market shares in countries like China- along with any creative member profit sharing like James Mangold and Hugh Jackman because at least one of them took an up-front cut in salary to probably make more on the back-end - a movie nowadays have to do 2.5X-2.8X production just to reach breakeven. That assumes any Marketing Budget was countered with Product Placement Revenue, Tax breaks, etc. The days of a movie doing 2.0X and calling it good ended years ago when the international market outdistanced the Domestic Box Office.

Make more sense?

Why do people only think domestic when movies are made for the whole world? 'Murica first? XD
    What are you on about?

What are you on about?
    Because the focus is almost always on domestic, as if the world didnt matter. I dont understand that. Maybe because i'm not am american, i dont know. I always would look at the whole scale where the money is coming from. I dont know why so many care about the domestic success.

The movie was a success in the first weekend. It made its money back then (few days ago XD). Its only logical that it will make more in the coming days and weeks. If you take the 263mio in the first week, depending how long it will run in the theatres, it will make 500mio in this month i am sure. Time will tell.
    And that would put it into your range of x2.8 right? :P

Didnt want to sound rude. I'm happy as you that it is a success. But it's not surorising to me. And that gocus on domestic puts me off. I hear that from other sources as well. ^^"