Page 119 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 1990

Logan Director Says Blu-Ray May Contain Deleted Scene About Jean Grey

Speaking with Empire, the director of Logan confessed the film originally featured a scene where Logan and Professor Xavier spoke about Grey. James Mangold explained that the scene was shot and ultimately cut from Logan’s theatrical release.

“I sketched out different conversations for that dinner scene and one of them went to a much darker place. Mrs Munson asks Logan if he’s married, and Charles says he was – but he killed her. Of course, he wasn’t really married, but what that then spawns is Charles waxing poetic about Jean Grey, and it’s a really cool moment. Both Hugh and Patrick were amazing,” Mangold said.

“The problem was, it created an incredibly powerful lead brick in the middle of the only moment in the movie where there was a breather,” he continued. “Even I, with my taste for the dark, felt that it was one too many. Things go pretty shitty within seconds after that.”
    I am SO GLAD Mangold didn't go through with this. It truly would have killed that 'family atmosphere' moment in the film. Though I have to admit, in 'The Wolverine' it added that extra influence on Logan's sad backstory. Based on its own ever-changing timeline, this would have been wrong anyway. After the events of 'Days of Future Past' it had wiped out the events of 'Last Stand'. So this would have been Professor Xavier talking about the original timeline.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killercroc357 View Post
    Logan Director Says Blu-Ray May Contain Deleted Scene About Jean Grey

I am SO GLAD Mangold didn't go through with this. It truly would have killed that 'family atmosphere' moment in the film. Though I have to admit, in 'The Wolverine' it added that extra influence on Logan's sad backstory. Based on its own ever-changing timeline, this would have been wrong anyway. After the events of 'Days of Future Past' it had wiped out the events of 'Last Stand'. So this would have been Professor Xavier talking about the original timeline.
    Thing is, Xavier DOES know about the original timeline from reading Logan's mind in DoFP.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Thing is, Xavier DOES know about the original timeline from reading Logan's mind in DoFP.
    Due to the timeline changes, I think the assumption can go either way. Remember the Professor Xavier that went through the events of Last Stand was the one that then disappeared at the end of Days of Future Past. So the one we have now is the Young Xavier that kicked off with First Class, and what he is aware of is there was an Old Professor Xavier that experienced different events - so when Logan came back to them at the mansion, the New Older Professor Xavier is aware of what he learned as a Young Xavier. So his quick interaction with Logan was over their memories from the time shift events they helped rectify.

But I could be wrong. Time to put this all into a Time Swim Lane, and see if it makes sense.

Not directly related to Logan, but here are some bloopers from Hugh's movies including X-Men. My favourite is at 1:22 XD

Due to the timeline changes, I think the assumption can go either way. Remember the Professor Xavier that went through the events of Last Stand was the one that then disappeared at the end of Days of Future Past. So the one we have now is the Young Xavier that kicked off with First Class, and what he is aware of is there was an Old Professor Xavier that experienced different events - so when Logan came back to them at the mansion, the New Older Professor Xavier is aware of what he learned as a Young Xavier. So his quick interaction with Logan was over their memories from the time shift events they helped rectify.

But I could be wrong. Time to put this all into a Time Swim Lane, and see if it makes sense.
    Let's see if having a timeline swim lane makes sense, with the two versions of Professor Xavier and Logan as the swim lanes. And, taking into consideration Last Stand would have been an event that occurred after Days of Future Past - if the timeline had not been changed.

Xmen_Xavier_timeline.jpg

If you consider the fact the only ones that experienced the full events of Last Stand were T1 Xavier and T1 Logan. What went back in time was T1 Logan into T2 Logan's body, which could mean their memories merged together as well. The only time T1 Xavier and T2 Xavier become aware of one another is through T1 Logan using T2 Logan's mind to have the two Xavier's acknowledge one another. But there is no merging of minds between the two Xaviers.

So there is the strong possibility T2 Xavier would only be aware of T1 Logan's actions in killing Jean Grey if he shared it with him, or he picked up on this from reading his memories (which he would try not to do). Though now that he is senile, there is a strong possibility this took place. You would just have to assume this occurred.

Let's see if having a timeline swim lane makes sense, with the two versions of Professor Xavier and Logan as the swim lanes. And, taking into consideration Last Stand would have been an event that occurred after Days of Future Past - if the timeline had not been changed.

Xmen_Xavier_timeline.jpg

If you consider the fact the only ones that experienced the full events of Last Stand were T1 Xavier and T1 Logan. What went back in time was T1 Logan into T2 Logan's body, which could mean their memories merged together as well. The only time T1 Xavier and T2 Xavier become aware of one another is through T1 Logan using T2 Logan's mind to have the two Xavier's acknowledge one another. But there is no merging of minds between the two Xaviers.

So there is the strong possibility T2 Xavier would only be aware of T1 Logan's actions in killing Jean Grey if he shared it with him, or he picked up on this from reading his memories (which he would try not to do). Though now that he is senile, there is a strong possibility this took place. You would just have to assume this occurred.
    T2 Xavier read Logan's mind in DoFP, he saw all his pain, what he experienced, what he endured. He saw all previous X-Men movies through him. He knew about everything that happened, including Liberty, including Striker, including Jean, including Japan.

T1 Logan didn't merge with T2 Logan at the end of DoFP, he didn't know what happened in this new timeline. So Xavier had to tell him.
    What they talk about, reference in "Logan", can be the original timeline things, which wouldn't make much sense...why talk about a different universe when you live in the current one...or similar things happened in this timeline as well, like the Weapon X program. Magneto at the end of Apocalypse was in a similar state like we see the "younger" Magneto in Last Stand when they pick up Jean for the first time. Not hard to asume he went into a similar path like the first Magneto and tried the Liberty again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kubus-Sc7 View Post
    T2 Xavier read Logan's mind in DoFP, he saw all his pain, what he experienced, what he endured. He saw all previous X-Men movies through him. He knew about everything that happened, including Liberty, including Striker, including Jean, including Japan.

T1 Logan didn't merge with T2 Logan at the end of DoFP, he didn't know what happened in this new timeline. So Xavier had to tell him.
    What they talk about, reference in "Logan", can be the original timeline things, which wouldn't make much sense...why talk about a different universe when you live in the current one...or similar things happened in this timeline as well, like the Weapon X program. Magneto at the end of Apocalypse was in a similar state like we see the "younger" Magneto in Last Stand when they pick up Jean for the first time. Not hard to asume he went into a similar path like the first Magneto and tried the Liberty again.
    Good discussion points. But you can see why Mangold just decided 'DISREGARD' and went with a standalone movie with some influence from movies like Origins.

Good discussion points. But you can see why Mangold just decided 'DISREGARD' and went with a standalone movie with some influence from movies like Origins.
    I don't see the disregard part. He stayed true to previous movies and timelines, but left enough open for your ow imagination to fill in the holes. Like what Liberty they mean. He makes you think, he doesn't let someone tell you exposition, he doesnt treat us as childs that need that. XD

Logan feels more standalone because he focusses on the road trip of family Howlett. The more character and storyplots he puts in, the less focus is on the main characters. I found he did a very god job in limiting the sideshows so I could enjoy the main dish. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kubus-Sc7 View Post
    I don't see the disregard part. He stayed true to previous movies and timelines, but left enough open for your ow imagination to fill in the holes. Like what Liberty they mean. He makes you think, he doesn't let someone tell you exposition, he doesnt treat us as childs that need that. XD

Logan feels more standalone because he focusses on the road trip of family Howlett. The more character and storyplots he puts in, the less focus is on the main characters. I found he did a very god job in limiting the sideshows so I could enjoy the main dish. :P
    And what a main course it was!

From Hughs FB: "Guess who won this battle. Introducing the awesomely talented Dafne Keen Logan 20th Century" Fox
    FB_IMG_1489188265050.jpg

He is such a dork XD

BANNED

Went and saw it again tonight (that's 3x's for those keeping score). God, I'm done for the night.

I haven't seen a movie that's made me want to do this since Return of the King.

I've gone twice. Gonna hit it again soon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I've gone twice. Gonna hit it again soon.
    My record for a film on its first theatrical run (so excluding rereleases) is 11 times for Return of the King. Dunno if I'll make it to that many with this what with how ticket prices have gone up since 2003.

Xmen_Xavier_timeline.jpg

It's simple.

T2 Xavier read T1 Logan's mind in Days Of Future Past, thus giving T2 Xavier all of the same memories from T1 Logan. Therefore, T2 Xavier is well aware of how T1 Logan met T1 Xavier, so T2 Xavier would share that memory, having experienced it from T1 Logan in 1973.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    My record for a film on its first theatrical run (so excluding rereleases) is 11 times for Return of the King. Dunno if I'll make it to that many with this what with how ticket prices have gone up since 2003.
    My record is 3. I wouldn't be surprised if I at least tie that with Logan. Only seen it once so far though.