Page 122 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 1990

Quote Originally Posted by Killercroc357 View Post
    Totally agree! But it says a lot for the final Logan content how fast it has gotten to these numbers. Though for right now, 'Logan' is trailing 'The Wolverine' by $71.4MM ($89MM by inflation-adjusted USD). The international box office will help close that gap rather quickly. But it would be great to see a Wolverine movie break $200MM Domestic.
    Again this domestic thing? Domestic doesnt matter, bub. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Kubus-Sc7 View Post
    Now you are just jumping the gun again. That's okay. I'll help you through this crisis.

Let's go with these forumulas.

a) The Wolverine Worldwide Total - Logan Worldwide Total = Worldwide Box Office difference (not adjusted for inflation)

b) The Wolverine Adjusted Worldwide Total - Logan Worldwide Total = 2017 Adjusted Worldwide Box Office difference (again, adjusted for inflation)

Knowing this in advance...

a) $71.4MM Worldwide Total difference

b) $88.99MM (rounded up to $89MM) Worldwide Total difference

Those are both based on Worldwide Totals. Not Domestic Totals. Though I also noted the International Box Office will help close this gap. You probably didn't read that far, though.

Now this is Laura poking you for jumping the gun - again.

Last edited by Killercroc357; 03-12-2017 at 10:25 AM.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    The problem with Apocalypse was that Singer got too ambiguous.
    Not really
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Oh, and that is crazy thinking $152MM at the Domestic Box Office doesn't matter. Though I realize what you really meant - it is lower than the International Box Office. Right?

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Not really
    That was a typo.

BANNED

Mister Sunday Movies does have a 'unique' voice. But he does bring out some interesting movie points.

They were going to try and film this back-to-back with Apocalypse? I wonder what the concept was going to be.

343mio in the first 2 weeks is pretty sweet. One can only guess how much it will end up in it's run. But it's definitely the most profitable of the trilogy. ^.^

343mio in the first 2 weeks is pretty sweet. One can only guess how much it will end up in it's run. But it's definitely the most profitable of the trilogy. ^.^
    On this we can agree (though Laura is still waiting on your next fine statement).

It already matched the same Revenue Ratio as 'The Wolverine, and this is only its second weekend. So it should exceed 4.0X by the end of its run. And like Deadpool - another delayed Japanese Box Office date (1 June 2017). So it has that market to conquer as well. Add to this the International Box Office estimates just landed...

...and this picture is well on its way to a nice financial run.

Cool

HOLY!

Revise my estimate on the Revenue Ratio. It is now the second best Fox-Marvel has ever experienced. Now has a chance of reaching 5.0X at the end of its run. Go Logan!

Nice. It deserves all the success.

Just got back from seeing it. Not surprised Logan died. Literally everyone on Facebook posted a status saying "Thanks Hugh Jackman".. And several of them subtlely implied he died. Plus I expected it so while the movie was very good, maybe I won't be using social media next time until after I see it.

As an example of how big a success this is, look at the numbers films around it had to do in order to exceed 3.0X production budget. And amazing, even 'big win' Guardians of the Galaxy is at the bottom of the list due to the massive budget (Disney clarified the following year the production budget ballooned beyond the original $170MM announced).

But I hope this doesn't lead to Fox assuming all its Marvel movies going forward should just be low-budget, limited character productions.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killercroc357 View Post
    As an example of how big a success this is, look at the numbers films around it had to do in order to exceed 3.0X production budget. And amazing, even 'big win' Guardians of the Galaxy is at the bottom of the list due to the massive budget (Disney clarified the following year the production budget ballooned beyond the original $170MM announced).

But I hope this doesn't lead to Fox assuming all its Marvel movies going forward should just be low-budget, limited character productions.
    I would like to see more solo films for those characters who can support them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I would like to see more solo films for those characters who can support them.
    Agreed! There are some that have such a strong backstory, if done right they can be truly amazing. Even if it was small team stories like 'Kitty Pride & Wolverine' - but not that story. Please - not like this.