Page 29 of 133 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Instagram activity has resumed.

Still not much to go by.

Stephen Merchant possibly as Caliban. (Most likely Caliban)

This one was posted on Merchant's instagram.

And here is another photo
    Last edited by SomeCBFanboy; 10-17-2016 at 10:34 AM.

BANNED

I'm curious as to why they went with Merchant rather than bringing back Lamarquis. Seems a LOT of people are jumping to blaming Fox, and disregarding the possibility that it may not have even been in their hands; Lamarquis could simply have not been available or declined to reprise his role, or perhaps there was a contract dispute.

Incidentally, CB.com is now indicating X-23 will be revealed on 10/23, based on the time stamp of the official Instagram posts. Clearly the timing of the posts is starting to garner attention.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Caliban first showed up in 1983, and Logan will be talking place in 2024. I think that went with someone who looked a little older because quite a bit of time has passed since we last saw him. I mean if they had put Jean in this film, I would expect them to use Famke, not Sophie despite the fact that she portrayed her in Apocalypse.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Caliban first showed up in 1983, and Logan will be talking place in 2024. I think that went with someone who looked a little older because quite a bit of time has passed since we last saw him. I mean if they had put Jean in this film, I would expect them to use Famke, not Sophie despite the fact that she portrayed her in Apocalypse.
    I agree, I think Merchant works better for the age (although ironically he's only 3 years older than Lamarquis). My point was that it's annoying to see so many people just assuming that because it's Fox they just didn't care, even though there are NUMEROUS legitimate reasons to have gone with a different actor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I agree, I think Merchant works better for the age (although ironically he's only 3 years older than Lamarquis). My point was that it's annoying to see so many people just assuming that because it's Fox they just didn't care, even though there are NUMEROUS legitimate reasons to have gone with a different actor.
    The most logical reason I can think of is that Merchant will be playing pre-horseman of death Caliban who eventually has a run in with Sinister? Get's transformed into Death/Hellhound etc, and joins X-Force. We know that X-Force is now a priority for Ryan, Tim Miller, and Fox. Merchant looks like a more comic accurate Caliban, plus his height is in line with Caliban after he gets transformed into Death. He is also a very nice way to potentially bring in Psylocke because reasons lol. This is all just speculation of course.
    Last edited by SomeCBFanboy; 10-17-2016 at 12:58 PM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Yeah, I agree its annoying. People were going to complain if they had used the guy in Apocalypse or if they had gone with someone new. They weren't going to win no matter what.

I hope that 10/23 does yield something good, it seems too much a coincidence for the theory that the date chosen is related to X-23 not to be true anyway but we'll see if they mark the day with something, hopefully a trailer and some more information on casting because the wait is excruciating lol.

As far as Caliban goes I'm not fussed that the actor was changed, he played a small part in Apocalypse and I wasn't exactly excited by the performance so I'm fine with somebody else taking a crack at it. Since we only have black and white photos to go by that are a little obscure right now I was wondering on the X-23 front what do you want from her big screen debut? Like what could happen that makes you think "Yeah that's really cool" or a character nod or something else.

I was just picturing a scene featuring her love for spicy foods due to only being fed tasteless nutrients in the lab like they are at the dinner table and she's just shoving hot peppers and hot sauce on there and takes a huge bite out of it, everything else can be terrible but if that happens I will be a happy little fanboy XD.
    In protest against Marvel's constant ignoring of Surge.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Moondoggie View Post
    I was just picturing a scene featuring her love for spicy foods due to only being fed tasteless nutrients in the lab like they are at the dinner table and she's just shoving hot peppers and hot sauce on there and takes a huge bite out of it, everything else can be terrible but if that happens I will be a happy little fanboy XD.
    I'd love to see that; doesn't seem to come up very often.

I'm speculating they're going to at least give NYX a nod. Seems Logan's run afoul of some gang-bangers in the opening scene, so it would fit if this is how she comes to be under Logan's care.

I guess if they wanted to go really dark they could imply child prostitution, she's younger than she was in NYX so it'll be pretty intense if they do that, I wouldn't mind if they had a Zebra Daddy cameo as the leader of some gang that gets in a scrap with Logan that would be cool, I wouldn't even dare to hope for a Kiden cameo she's just such a forgotten character especially since Tempus got her power, I recently managed to sit down and read the NYX collection and I remembered how great the comic was, Laura of course was gone from the group by the time the second volume came out but it's still a decent enough story and Kiden is a likeable character.

Actually as I'm writing this I seem to remember part of the story of this film is there is this group trying to weaponise mutants so maybe that would be a chance for a couple of cameos kplzthxfox. We know at least they have some references to Innocence Lost will see what else they throw in there, the casting call for the character early on seemed to imply she copies other which would be a reference to the Claremont stuff where she began immitating Psylocke.
    In protest against Marvel's constant ignoring of Surge.

I happened upon this photo after some sleuthing. It shows Donald Pierce (Boyd Holbrook) with his cybernetic arm, which will include some CGI hence the green screened hand.

It was easy to guess that he would run into Logan and get his arm taken., but this confirms that the arm in question does in fact belong to Pierce.
    Last edited by SomeCBFanboy; 10-18-2016 at 01:52 AM.

Ultimate Member

I mean it is going to be Rated-R apparently. So technically they COULD potentially go with the "child prostitution" angle here. And yeah, her being seemingly younger than she was in NYX would make it all the more disturbing/uncomfortable (no saying that that'd be good or bad, just that it would be). But I think that it'd probably just be implied, or at most talked about subtlely.

On the other hand, I could also see them not going that route and instead giving her some other really dark past-trauma as a substitute.

BANNED

First look at one of the Reavers

No indications of cybernetics in this pic, but I wonder if what's going to happen is that Logan tears the Reavers apart in a fight early in the movie, then they get an upgrade (probably by Rice/Grant's character) to go after him again later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    The guy does not look signifcantly older. In fact the actors are two years apart and the 40 year time span is not represented here. They most definitely didnt recast bc he is intended to be older

BANNED

CB.com reports that the trailer for Logan has been officially rated. Which means the release is almost certainly imminent.