Page 32 of 133 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast

with a girl

So now they are killing all the X-Men (some of them again) and Xavier and Logan are the only ones left?

Great job Fox, Marvel needs to learn from you.

But I'm sure Wolverine fans and X-23 fans will like it.

BANNED

I still think that's Dafne Keen and not Sienna Novikov. Wikipedia is at least confirming Keen for X-23, while Novikov was her stunt double.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 10-20-2016 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I still think that's Dafne Keen and not Sienna Novikov. Wikipedia is at least confirming Keen for X-23, while Novikov was her stunt double.
    Well anyone can write in wikipedia, I'm not sure a lot of pictures of Sienna Novikov are all that recent but comparing pictures from the trailer some features seem similar, the eyebrows,chin and nose for example. It would help if they'd just bloody confirm the cast officially. Dafne Keen has a similar haircut in a previous show she did and has stronger bone structure in her face not sure the girl in the trailer has those sharp features or the same upturned nose but would have to compare more, the one thing going for Keen is that I was sure in one shot you could see a mole on her face which she has and Novikov doesn't.

This shot I'm leaning towards Dafne Keen, a lot of websites are saying it's her from the trailer but no official sources yet I can see.

Last edited by Moondoggie; 10-20-2016 at 07:06 AM.
    In protest against Marvel's constant ignoring of Surge.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moondoggie View Post
    Holy crap, it's like Last of Us meets Wolverine kind of a Mad Max vibe in there too. Love the song choice also it seems perfect for a movie about an ageing Logan coming to his final battle which seems to be the direction the movie is going.
    My thoughts exactly! I love the esthetic, the tone, the music choice. It looks like they're going for something very emotional in this movie instead of your classic action packed superhero flick and I think it's quite fitting considering it's supposed to be Jackman's farewell to the character.

Now I just hope the movie itself will be as good as this trailer. I'm getting tired of being disappointed.

BANNED

Well anyone can write in wikipedia, I'm not sure a lot of pictures of Sienna Novikov are all that recent but comparing pictures from the trailer some features seem similar, the eyebrows,chin and nose for example. It would help if they'd just bloody confirm the cast officially. Dafne Keen has a similar haircut in a previous show she did and has stronger bone structure in her face not sure the girl in the trailer has those sharp features or the same upturned nose but would have to compare more, the one thing going for Keen is that I was sure in one shot you could see a mole on her face which she has and Novikov doesn't.
    Keen is also being confirmed by other sources, as well.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

That was a nice trailer. Will have to wath it alot to soak it in. Cant wait. I saw thw claws so would be cool for deathstrike that is if she somehow came back to life after X2. As for Laura. I dont know about claws. Gonna watch it again now

Spectacular Member

I cannot wait for this movie! Lady Deathstrike may never have died due to DOFP.

Novikov's role I guess is up in the air again it could well be that she's being used as a stunt double, maybe they felt like Dafne had the right look and acted the role well but she couldn't do the things physically they wanted so hiring Novikov makes sense since from what I can tell she's a very talented gymnast. They certainly can look similar from a distance and with the right shot I imagine XD.

There was those names and another name banded about as possibly playing mutant children so we'll see what happens there might get ourselves some mutant cameos too.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeCBFanboy View Post
    Here's a link to the HD LOGAN trailer. Which is probably green band. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Div0iP65aZo
    I was fully prepared to hate this, because nothing screams a producers' committee idea of 'sentiment' like a Johnny Cash backing track, but...no, it's very good actually. Old Jacked Man looks believably knackered and worn-down, the rustic burnt-out buildings etc. make for a very classic dystopia, and there's a certain...stillness?...to the photography that makes everything very weighty and somber without having to force it. The quick shot of X-23 giving a very forced smile at a dinner table at least promises some understanding of her character beyond 'quiet girl, does stabbing' which is good. And the elements of sci-fi tech don't jar with the majority of the film in the way that Mecha-Silver Samurai stuck out like a sore thumb in The Wolverine.

That's basically my hope here: Mangold got 2/3rds of a Wolverine movie dead right last time. Can't believe I'm saying this, but maybe no big robot this time? Please?
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Fantastic trailer. It reminds me the last of us videogame. I'm looking forward for the movie!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    I was fully prepared to hate this, because nothing screams a producers' committee idea of 'sentiment' like a Johnny Cash backing track, but...no, it's very good actually. Old Jacked Man looks believably knackered and worn-down, the rustic burnt-out buildings etc. make for a very classic dystopia, and there's a certain...stillness?...to the photography that makes everything very weighty and somber without having to force it. The quick shot of X-23 giving a very forced smile at a dinner table at least promises some understanding of her character beyond 'quiet girl, does stabbing' which is good. And the elements of sci-fi tech don't jar with the majority of the film in the way that Mecha-Silver Samurai stuck out like a sore thumb in The Wolverine.

That's basically my hope here: Mangold got 2/3rds of a Wolverine movie dead right last time. Can't believe I'm saying this, but maybe no big robot this time? Please?
    I feel like the robot was inserted at the last moment because Fox saw the increasing success of the more out there Marvel Studios movies.

With this one, it seems there's been a Deadpool type of deal made, where the creators are given complete creative freedom and an R-rating in exchange for a lower budget.

BANNED

Novikov's role I guess is up in the air again it could well be that she's being used as a stunt double, maybe they felt like Dafne had the right look and acted the role well but she couldn't do the things physically they wanted so hiring Novikov makes sense since from what I can tell she's a very talented gymnast. They certainly can look similar from a distance and with the right shot I imagine XD.

There was those names and another name banded about as possibly playing mutant children so we'll see what happens there might get ourselves some mutant cameos too.
    The reports confirming Keen suggest that Novikov is indeed her stunt double.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I feel like the robot was inserted at the last moment because Fox saw the increasing success of the more out there Marvel Studios movies.

With this one, it seems there's been a Deadpool type of deal made, where the creators are given complete creative freedom and an R-rating in exchange for a lower budget.
    I hope so, with it being Jackman's last ride maybe it was just like "Hey let us just do this one for the fans and try to do something different than your usual super hero movie with crazy CGI monsters and robots" I feel like this might deliver the kind of gritty,bare bones Wolverine movie people were wanting. Fingers crossed for no mecha samurai moment.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Consodering how the x movies change all the time and with DOFP maybe we will get a true repersentation of Lady Deathstrike. One who isnt a mutant but a Cyborg. With Pierce and his metal body parts clear in that trailer i hope so. Also that quick fight seen with laura im really hopeing thats her using both hand and foot claws