Page 40 of 133 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast

Do you guys think Fox will use Laura as a stand-in for Hope in their universe? Just speculation but I have a feeling Cable will save her from this future and bring her to the present to play a "Messiah" like role. Maybe that will be the plot of the X-Force movie.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    I would give Fox all the money if we got some NXM cameos in Logan. Like isn't Transigen turing young mutants into weapons? Perfect time for some NXM cameos.
    I had posted this rumor in the X-23 thread replying to someone. Apparently Fox is considering setting New Mutants and X-Force after Logan to avoid timeline jumping.

Quote Originally Posted by MikaelNovasun View Post

Looking at the trailer and how it ends Logan and X-23 are the main focus of this story. To use your terminology, one could say Xavier is the tool used to introduce X-23 to Logan.
    At the end of the trailer we see a girl and Logan. Not dead Logan. Not a nice big sign "Wolverine finally died, and now all the focus on the X-23". The film is called Logan. Hugh Jackman plays a major role.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeCBFanboy View Post
    I had posted this rumor in the X-23 thread replying to someone. Apparently Fox is considering setting New Mutants and X-Force after Logan to avoid timeline jumping.
    ...??? NM being mutant apocalypse survivors in a world post X-deaths? :/

Where'd you read that? It would make sense I guess. Focus on the X-men in the 90s and put New Mutants and X-Force in the near future so they can utilize X-23 along with Deadpool, Cable, Domino, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    At the end of the trailer we see a girl and Logan. Not dead Logan. Not a nice big sign "Wolverine finally died, and now all the focus on the X-23." The film is called Logan. Hugh Jackman plays a major role.
    Wait you think the trailer spoiled the end of the movie? I highly doubt the scenes in the trailer were shown in the order in which they occur in the movie. Given what we know, do you honestly believe that Logan will live through the end of this movie and ride off into the sunset with X-23?

Quote Originally Posted by MikaelNovasun View Post
    Wait you think the trailer spoiled the end of the movie? I highly doubt the scenes in the trailer were shown in the order in which they occur in the movie. Given what we know, do you honestly believe that Logan will live through the end of this movie and ride off into the sunset with X-23?
    Even if he dies it will not make X 23 the main character of this movie

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Isn't Xavier supposed to have a role in New Mutants?

BANNED

Never heard this one. My understanding is New Mutants would be set c.1990s along with X-Men 7, though there's been very little about the setting for X-Force (TBH, I would have set New Mutants in the present alongside Deadpool).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    Even if he dies it will not make X 23 the main character of this movie
    The trailer is going out of its way to establish that she's the driving force of the plot, and Just because Logan's the main character doesn't mean he's the only important one, OR the only one on whom the marketing should focus. I would say Iron Man got just as much focus in the marketing for Civil War as Cap himself did, even though it was Cap's movie.

It just makes sense that at some point they would do a trailer focusing more on her and her role in the film.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Never heard this one. My understanding is New Mutants would be set c.1990s along with X-Men 7, though there's been very little about the setting for X-Force (TBH, I would have set New Mutants in the present alongside Deadpool).
    I believe it came from the same person on twitter that had information on the casting choices for Deadpool 2, who said that Fox passed on Kyle Chandler for Cable. I wish I could find it again. Keep in mind that the same rumor said that Tim Miller wanted Makenzie Davis as Domino, and just recently Collider reported that Makenzie Davis is on the short list for Domino.
    Last edited by SomeCBFanboy; 10-21-2016 at 11:34 AM.

See, here's the thing, I think this has all the potential to be the best Wolverine movie, but Fox has done such a terrible job that I can't help but feel frustrated.

The best thing about X-Men Apocalypse was the younger mutants, but we saw too little of them. Now we see a Logan movie that's in the future and apparently everybody is... DEAD. In DOFP they made the right move by correcting X3... just to kill them again (?)

It's exhausting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    The trailer is going out of its way to establish that she's the driving force of the plot, and Just because Logan's the main character doesn't mean he's the only important one, OR the only one on whom the marketing should focus. I would say Iron Man got just as much focus in the marketing for Civil War as Cap himself did, even though it was Cap's movie.

It just makes sense that at some point they would do a trailer focusing more on her and her role in the film.
    I doubt they'll make a special trailer focusing on an actress no one has heard of rather than Hugh Jackman. The Elektra movie had a vaguely similar plot, and I don't remember a trailer that didn't focus on Jennifer Garner.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I doubt they'll make a special trailer focusing on an actress no one has heard of rather than Hugh Jackman. The Elektra movie had a vaguely similar plot, and I don't remember a trailer that didn't focus on Jennifer Garner.
    Elektra movie that is your reference? That movie was beyond terrible, and pretty much ended Jennifer Garner's career in action movies/tv. The other part that is wrong with that reference is the girl in the movie was a nobody. X-23 is very popular and has taken up Logan's mantle after his death in the comics. And it seems Fox is laying the ground work for X-23 to do the same in the movies. Your comparison would have some merit if it is some random mutant girl and not a well known and establish character like X-23.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Counterpoint:

The American trailer for Léon gives about as much focus to Natalie Portman (also an actress no one had heard of at the time) as it did Jean Reno.