Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    that is what teenagers do
    Exactly. As I said in another thread, the problem with the relationship here is that they want Superman sassy and headstrong, and it doesn't make him much of an older cousin. So after some misgivings, I won't be surprised if Kara warms up to the new Superman who is more level headed in his approach to people and situations.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

SuperLeague is everything I want my Superman comics to be so far. Lots going on here, and I thought the response to Kara being seemingly experimented on made sense. It's Pretty clear who this new Clark Kent is. And I'm glad that it looks like they will resolve the Clark/Diana relationship status soon

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Tomasi gives another rock solid issue. I like the idea of nuperman being the new Fortress A I. A way to keep him around while he is "dead".

So..next issue. I hope fans of the power couple gets some decent closure ( for now)after months of being jerked around.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Tomasi gives another rock solid issue. I like the idea of nuperman being the new Fortress A I. A way to keep him around while he is "dead".

So..next issue. I hope fans of the power couple gets some decent closure ( for now)after months of being jerked around.
    well more fan service and finfic, tomasi can't help himself

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Exactly. As I said in another thread, the problem with the relationship here is that they want Superman sassy and headstrong, and it doesn't make him much of an older cousin. So after some misgivings, I won't be surprised if Kara warms up to the new Superman who is more level headed in his approach to people and situations.
    we already have one teenager, we don't need a adult like superman acting like one. I can easily she liking a nicer superman that doesn't sassy her around. and she will have a younger cousin awwwns
    Last edited by Tayswift; 04-20-2016 at 07:35 AM.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

we already have one teenager, we don't need a adult like superman acting like one. I can easily she liking a nicer superman that doesn't sassy her around. and she will have a younger cousin awwwns
    Christ, dude. He was frustrated with her yelling at him for saving her from experimentation after months of giving her a galaxy's worth of rope. That he's a nice guy doesn't preclude him from basic frustration; how is that acting like a teenager? I realize you're generally against him expressing emotions beyond general benevolence, but it's a far step from him acting like an actual person in a frightening, tiresome situation to "it's good that he's dying because his cousin will like this new stranger and his kid better".
    Last edited by Dispenser Of Truth; 04-20-2016 at 07:55 AM.
    Buh-bye

Was the issue good?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Christ, dude. He was frustrated with her yelling at him for saving her from experimentation after months of giving her a galaxy's worth of rope. That he's a nice guy doesn't preclude him from basic frustration; how is that acting like a teenager? I realize you're generally against him expressing emotions beyond general benevolence, but it's a far step from him acting like an actual person in a frightening, tiresome situation to "it's good that he's dying because his cousin will like this new stranger and his kid better".
    she is mad at him because he just stopped her from doing something she wants. the frustration is real and he can even say "i'm wrong, i didn't kept contact with you and messed what you were doing. I just thought something bad was happening to you, ok?"

the problem that beyond being nice, superman is super often a jerk to people around him

she is mad at him because he just stopped her from doing something she wants. the frustration is real and he can even say "i'm wrong, i didn't kept contact with you and messed what you were doing. I just thought something bad was happening to you, ok?"

the problem that beyond being nice, superman is super often a jerk to people around him
    Let's try breaking this down as if this were a real situation.

Pleasant, orphaned reporter Clark Kent learns he has a cousin Kara, though at first she's skeptical about their relation. He decides pushing against her isn't going to help even though she's in a rough situation, so he tells her she can make her own way in things, but he'll be there if she needs him. A few weeks later, Kara gets a boyfriend who actively assaults him and another family member in front of her, and while this guy strings her along, Clark has to get his friends together before this guy actually kills people and gets her to help him. She clears her head a little after that - they still don't have the kind of relationship he'd like to have with his only living relative, but they're warm - until she ends up in a gang that has most definitely killed people in the past, and she insists she'll figure it out herself; the only positive thing about the situation is that a former work colleague is there to keep an eye on things. She comes back, and god, maybe this time it'll all be okay, she's settled down, gotten a job, it all seems alright. But major personal circumstances take him off the grid for awhile, and when he comes back, he learns she's been gone, with no explanation. For weeks. He needs the help of a private detective to track her town, and when he finds her, she's strapped into a chair, by all appearances being tortured. He gets her the hell out of there...and then she screams at him that she doesn't need any help, and that she doesn't need to tell him about every little thing he does. That this guy has any response at all more gentle than "What the hell is wrong with you, you stupid godammned kid?! Do you have any idea how worried I - I just...I just could not possibly be more disappointed in you." speaks to some pretty superhuman restraint and level-headedness on his part.

Whatever. You decided you hate this dude because he doesn't act like a doormat and tell kids to drink their OJ, you'll have your guy back soon and you'll love him literally no matter what. I'm done with this.
    Buh-bye

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Why couldn't DC make comics like these for the last 4 years (ever since Morrison left)? This is pure gold. Great stuff. If DC had pumped out comics like these, Superman wouldn't have been selling like poop.

I liked how Nuperman busted into the DEO's office and was fully in a shoot first, ask questions later mood. It suits who Nuperman kind of is. More brash and brazen than Superdad. I also like how we have just glimpsed Kara's new status quo with the DEO. It mirrors but is not a copy of Kara's Supergirl TV show's status quo. I like it.

I was a little shocked when the dragon guy was like, "Sure, take my hand. Oh you can't regrow it right now. I'll just limp over to the corner and get my stump cauterized. It's cool. I understand. Science before friends."

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Let's try breaking this down as if this were a real situation.

Pleasant, orphaned reporter Clark Kent learns he has a cousin Kara, though at first she's skeptical about their relation. He decides pushing against her isn't going to help even though she's in a rough situation, so he tells her she can make her own way in things, but he'll be there if she needs him. A few weeks later, Kara gets a boyfriend who actively assaults him and another family member in front of her, and while this guy strings her along, Clark has to get his friends together before this guy actually kills people and gets her to help him. She clears her head a little after that - they still don't have the kind of relationship he'd like to have with his only living relative, but they're warm - until she ends up in a gang that has most definitely killed people in the past, and she insists she'll figure it out herself; the only positive thing about the situation is that a former work colleague is there to keep an eye on things. She comes back, and god, maybe this time it'll all be okay, she's settled down, gotten a job, it all seems alright. But major personal circumstances take him off the grid for awhile, and when he comes back, he learns she's been gone, with no explanation. For weeks. He needs the help of a private detective to track her town, and when he finds her, she's strapped into a chair, by all appearances being tortured. He gets her the hell out of there...and then she screams at him that she doesn't need any help, and that she doesn't need to tell him about every little thing he does. That this guy has any response at all more gentle than "What the hell is wrong with you, you stupid godammned kid?! Do you have any idea how worried I - I just...I just could not possibly be more disappointed in you." speaks to some pretty superhuman restraint and level-headedness on his part.

Whatever. You decided you hate this dude because he doesn't act like a doormat and tell kids to drink their OJ, you'll have your guy back soon and you'll love him literally no matter what. I'm done with this.
    I'm telling you, if Nuperman was with Lois, you wouldn't hear one complaint about Nuperman being a jerk. It's so transparent.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I'm telling you, if Nuperman was with Lois, you wouldn't hear one complaint about Nuperman being a jerk. It's so transparent.
    To be fair, he should be with Lois.
    Buh-bye

Astonishing Member

Pelletier has done real good here. Is he on Justice League now?
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

All-New Member

I thought it was a pretty good issue. So I'm guessing that

spoilers:
    severed dragon hand with Clark's blood is what's going to lead to Kenji getting his powers? The idea of manufacturing Super-men with DNA samples ala Jurassic Park sets an interesting precedent if they ever want to really explore that concept later down the line.
    end of spoilers

Also, Wonder Woman looked cool, but is there a reason she's knocking on the fortress of solitude's door equipped with a sword and shield? Was she expecting a fight? >_>

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BagelMan View Post
    I thought it was a pretty good issue. So I'm guessing that

spoilers:
    severed dragon hand with Clark's blood is what's going to lead to Kenji getting his powers? The idea of manufacturing Super-men with DNA samples ala Jurassic Park sets an interesting precedent if they ever want to really explore that concept later down the line.
    end of spoilers

Also, Wonder Woman looked cool, but is there a reason she's knocking on the fortress of solitude's door equipped with a sword and shield? Was she expecting a fight? >_>
    Yeah, I'm hoping we'll see her pov of how she found out in SM/WW next week, or else that scene just looks weird.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Pelletier has done real good here.
    Thanks to Sandra hope and Tomeu Morey)
    Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Is he on Justice League now?
    Pelletier was on B&R Eternal, his next project is Cyborg Rebirth.