Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

If X-23 is indeed being introduced in Wolverine 3 as the casting rumors suggest, I rather DP2 use her than Gambit, both as X-Force setup and because it would be BEGGING for a 4th Wall-shaking lampshade by Wade.

To borrow and paraphrase a quip from Spidey: "Hugh Jackman?! What did they DO to you?!"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Umm, his mysteriousness is what made him popular. He was introduced as a mysterious outsider that a lot of X-men didn't fully trust and was suppose to betray the X-men and be killed off. Because of his popularity owing in large part to that mysterious persona, he turned into a permanent X-man.

Second, you said there is nothing in the character that calls for an R-Rated movie and I simply responded to that point by pointing out there is. I wasn't suggesting it had to be a focus of a Deadpool movie. Just pointing out if there were ever an X-man that could be in a R-Rated movie, it certainly would be a character whose entire existence was predicated on a mysterious and ultimately violent dark past and sex appeal.

Third, I already said for the purposes of the Deadpool movie, you could simply have Deadpool needing to steal something and then finding out that he was beat to the chase by a mysterious thief who represents something he lost (ie Deadpool's former good looks). It's a pretty natural fit from a rivalry perspective and one that would set the stage for them eventually coming together in X-force.
    Craig is at least partially right, in that you would not have time to spare on Gambit's backstory as part of a Deadpool movie. Hopefully that will get handled in Gambit's own movie, long as they don't mess up and actually get that made. But, you could easily fit a Gambit cameo into a Deadpool movie, and vice versa. Just like with their upcoming comic team up, there is a common aside they share in the criminal underworld of the marvel universe, with Deadpool being a mercenary and Gambit a thief. It offers a wonderful option to show stories from the shadows, where the more heroic types don't really venture. And yeah, that could lead to them clashing, or teaming up. Fun as Colossus and Negasonic were in the first movie, they were little more than one dimensional punching bags for Deadpools cracks, and Cable would be a mostly stoic straightman. Deadpool and Gambit though could be a really fun buddy/rival pair up, trading jokes back and forth, annoying enemies with double bantering, as they play dumb games of one upping each other, and you still have a classic suave straight man and zany goofball pairing between them. I could easily see them coming to blows over some mission during one of their movies, with one just brought in on hire by the bigger villain, and perhaps betraying their employer for the hell of it, making an odd friend/rival, then the cameo steps out, and on with the movie. Then it sets them up for more team ups later, in X-Force, or dare I say it.. A Team up Deadpool and Gambit movie. 0_0 I could see Fox wanting to cash in on a Reynolds/Tatum buddy action comedy.

But no... I don't want Gambit even in the mainline X-men movies..... Those are terrible. >_>

I never suggested Gambit's back story should be in the Deadpool film. The whole point of the character when he was first introduced is that no one knew what to make of him. There would be no point to introduce him as this mysterious thief with questionable motives in a Deadpool film only to then basically ruin the mystery by delving into his backstory so I don't know why Craig or anyone would think that was what I meant from my post.

The point was his backstory and sex appeal fits a R Rated film. So he is a natural fit for Deadpool. However, in an actual Deadpool film, he would simply be the mysterious thief that you don't know whether he is friend or foe. There would be no exploration of that backstory in detail because you want the audience to remain in the dark for a film or two about his motives or loyalties as that is precisely what drew people to the character in the first place.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    If X-23 is indeed being introduced in Wolverine 3 as the casting rumors suggest, I rather DP2 use her than Gambit, both as X-Force setup and because it would be BEGGING for a 4th Wall-shaking lampshade by Wade.

To borrow and paraphrase a quip from Spidey: "Hugh Jackman?! What did they DO to you?!"
    That would be awesome.

Gambit can then show up in said X-Force movie.