View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aloha, Hawaiian Dick #1 (of 4)

0 0%
  • Chew Demon Chicken Poyo #1

0 0%
  • Criminal 10th Anniversary Special

10 37.04%
  • Cry Havoc #4

4 14.81%
  • East of West #25

4 14.81%
  • From Under Mountains #6

1 3.70%
  • Huck #6

1 3.70%
  • Invincible #127

4 14.81%
  • Lazarus Sourcebook #1

0 0%
  • Mirror #3

0 0%
  • Savage Dragon #213

0 0%
  • Snowfall #3

0 0%
  • Switch #3

1 3.70%
  • Tokyo Ghost #6

2 7.41%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Weekly Image poll #16 - Aloha, Hawaiian Dick & New Criminal, Chew, Lazarus!

Aloha folks, welcome back to the weekly Image round-up. Vote for your faves and chat about them!

EDIT: Last week's poll was decided in the last minutes it seems, Monstress continues to dominate the Image forum by beating its fellow fantasy brethren Autumnlands with just a single vote to spare! /EDIT

Notable this week: East of West begins its final arc of Year Two, From Under Mountains wraps up its first volume, Huck comes to an end it seems, Invincible is back from hiatus, Savage Dragon has a baby on the way, and Tokyo Ghost begins its new (last?) storyline.

Busy week? We're not even remotely done here! No less than 4 new releases this week!

1.) Aloha, Hawaiian Dick is the new Hawaiian Dick mystery mini-series. This might be the only "tropical noir" out there!

2.) Chew Demon Chicken Poyo is the last one-shot in the Poyo story. Get used to saying goodbye, Chew fans.

3.) The Criminal 10th Anniversary Special brings Brubaker, Phillips & Breitweiser back to the beloved series. Also available in oversized magazine format!

4.) The first Lazarus Sourcebook hits this week. Focussed on the Carlyle regime, this in-universe spin-off sheds light on the unseen details of the Lazarus world.

246371.jpg 246375.jpg 246372.jpg

P.S.: Here's the cover to the Lazarus Sourcebook, which didn't fit in the post above.

246386.jpg

After what feels like months of no new books for me I'm picking up the following:

Aloha, Hawaiian Dick #1
    Criminal 10th Anniversary Special Edition (Both Magazine and Regular Comic book sized)
    Lazarus Sourcebook #1

I am sure Criminal will be my favorite but I want to keep an open mind.
    My Top 5 Comic Books I am reading are:

1. Velvet
    2. Black Magick
    3. Kill or Be Killed
    4. Lazarus
    5. The Fix

East of West and Criminal (Magazine)

I bet Criminal wins, but who knows, EoW might kill...

Chew Demon Chicken Poyo, Cry Havoc, East of West, Lazarus Sourcebook, Mirror, Switch, and Tokyo Ghost for me this week.

Cry Havoc and the Lazarus Sourcebook. Cry Havoc takes it. Partially because it was a very good issue and partly because, while I appreciate all the work put into the Sourcebook, reading it digitally was such an unpleasant experience that I may actually tradewait on future installments.

Tokyo Ghost, East of West, and Lazarus Sourcebook for me. I won't be reading EoW for a while.. still have some catching up to do. But will pick up the issue this week just so I have it when I get up to #25.

Only bought one Image book this week, so . . . Criminal 10th Anniversary Special for me.

Last edited by MajorHoy; 04-20-2016 at 01:39 PM.

Invincible = automatic vote as always. So glad it is back from hiatus. Looking forward to the Huck finale as well.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Tokyo Ghost vs East Of West vs Invincible
    I'm reading some other books, but those are the real competition.
    Happy 4/20!

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Holy shit. Criminal was amazing.

Read Tokyo Ghost and EoW, too. Both were good but Criminal was just flawless.

Tokyo Ghost, Cry Havoc and Huck for me this week.
    Guessing the vote will go to Tokyo Ghost but we'll see.

Picked up only Cry Havoc, but didn't vote for it since this is where I'll be dropping it. It just doesn't live up to its potential for me and its kinda troubling when you find two pages of annotations where Spurier explains his research and reasoning more entertaining that the story itself.

Incredible Member

Invincible for me, though my book of the week was Dept. H. I love Matt Kindt's Dark Horse stuff...Image is missing out not having him in their stable of creators.

Whoops looks like someone broke the tie on last week's poll at the very last minute! Monstress won with a single vote!

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    Invincible for me, though my book of the week was Dept. H. I love Matt Kindt's Dark Horse stuff...Image is missing out not having him in their stable of creators.
    Yeah Kindt is great, Mind MGMT was absolutely stellar. Would be cool to have him at Image I guess, but honestly I'm just glad the guy is still doing creator-owned stuff at all. He does quite a bit for DC and Valiant right? So whether it's Dark Horse, Image or another place I don't really mind - as long as it's on original works.