Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Females shall be drawn realistically without exaggeration of any physical qualities.

Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Nothing is funnier than seeing some of these covers breaking more than two rules and still hold the approval stamp.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Nothing is funnier than seeing some of these covers breaking more than two rules and still hold the approval stamp.
    Depends on which version of the Code was in effect, though, since their were two revisions to it.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Depends on which version of the Code was in effect, though, since their were two revisions to it.
    True, the famous three issues of Spider-Man that were published without the code stamp did not violate the original code, but a later addition of a "no drugs" rule.

(Doesn't fit contest criteria)
    Last edited by Kirby101; 04-21-2016 at 06:52 AM.

Pull List:

ASM/Spider-Gwen/Deadpool/Harley Quinn/Batman/All-New Wolverine/OML/Lady Mechanika/B.E.K./HarleyQuinn/Paper Girls/All-Star Batman / Gwenpool/Reborn

JLS Comics: Twitter: @ComicsJLS /// Instagram: JLSComics
    YouTube www.youtube.com/c/JLSComics
    F: http://www.facebook.com/JLSComics
    Check out my articles at www.comicbooked.com!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    True, the famous three issues of Spider-Man that were published without the code stamp did not violate the original code, but a later addition of a "no drugs" rule.
    That just brought to mind a famous, if not legendary "drugs" cover which I wished I thought of before I posted my Vampirella cover (but then, I was dead set on displaying a female with those "exaggerated physical qualities"). I won't say what that cover was, but I'm hoping someone will use it as an entry.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    That just brought to mind a famous, if not legendary "drugs" cover which I wished I thought of before I posted my Vampirella cover (but then, I was dead set on displaying a female with those "exaggerated physical qualities"). I won't say what that cover was, but I'm hoping someone will use it as an entry.
    I am pretty sure I know which one you mean. But drugs were not part of the 1954 Code, which is the basis for this contest. Or maybe shawn will give us a ruling.

The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers cultivate a victory garden.

Crimes shall never be presented in such a way as to create sympathy for the criminal, to promote distrust of the forces of law and justice, or to inspire others with a desire to imitate criminals.

Criminals shall not be presented so as to be rendered glamorous or to occupy a position which creates a desire for emulation.

Nudity in any form is prohibited, as is indecent or undue exposure.

I'm sure there would have also been a prohibition on "Damn Dirty Hippies" if they exited in 1954.

Sorry for being a stickler for rules but

Pick ONE rule to list, even though many covers are going to violate several. It might be a fun challenge to try to do them in order. The example cover here doesn't count as a "taken" rule. Oh, and rules have changed and things slip through, so even if it has a CC sticker on it it might still be a valid entry. Be creative.
    I think it's more fun if those adding entries only listed One of the rules as stated in the Opening Post.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    I am pretty sure I know which one you mean. But drugs were not part of the 1954 Code, which is the basis for this contest. Or maybe shawn will give us a ruling.
    The 1954 Code was actually much broader than the specific rules. It had a "when in doubt, don't do it" clause that would have made drugs verboten anyway.

"All elements or techniques not specifically mentioned herein, but which are contrary to the spirit and intent of the code, and are considered violations of good taste or decency".

But I think opening it that broad makes a hash of the contest theme of finding specific violations for variety. And that Speedy is a Junkie cover that I think is the one being discussed was Code Approved, anyway.

On the other hand, it's the CBR Cover Contest, not the Hague, so:

Last edited by Shawn Hopkins; 04-21-2016 at 09:12 AM.

Inclusion of stories dealing with evil shall be used or shall be published only where the intent is to illustrate a moral issue and in no case shall evil be presented alluringly, nor so as to injure the sensibilities of the reader. Please draw your attention to the top left.

It breaks a few rules...

Oups, Sorry ! It's not a comic book cover... But one can notice that there's no "Parental Advisory - Explicit Lyrics" on this one...
    Last edited by Abe; 04-21-2016 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    The She-Hulk cover falls under which revision?
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    The She-Hulk cover falls under which revision?
    1989 revision.

http://www.reocities.com/Athens/8580/cca3.html

keep 'em coming folks! Great entries so far!
    Pull List:

ASM/Spider-Gwen/Deadpool/Harley Quinn/Batman/All-New Wolverine/OML/Lady Mechanika/B.E.K./HarleyQuinn/Paper Girls/All-Star Batman / Gwenpool/Reborn

JLS Comics: Twitter: @ComicsJLS /// Instagram: JLSComics
    YouTube www.youtube.com/c/JLSComics
    F: http://www.facebook.com/JLSComics
    Check out my articles at www.comicbooked.com!