Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Default What Superman books have you been reading lately?

I decided to make this thread in the spirit of a similar thread I found in the Spider-Man section of this forum.

Basically post the name of any Superman/Supergirl/Superboy and company books you've been reading recently. Share your thoughts and any recommendations you might have.

I just recently started picking up Superman again, and I've started with Greg Pak's run and I'm currently half way through Doomed now. I'll read Superman Unchained when I finish.

I’m reading several. Action and Superman are ok. American Alien and Lois & Clark are really, really good.

I really liked Doomed. Too bad it didn’t last long.
    Pull list: Action Comics, Aquaman, Batgirl, Batman, Detective Comics, Earth 2: Society, Flintstones, Future Quest, Green Arrow, Hal Jordan & Green Lantern Corp, Harley Quinn, Injustice: Gods Among Us, Justice League, Justice League of America, New Suicide Squad, Nightwing, Red Hood, Scooby Apocalypse, Superman, Teen Titans, The Flash, Titans, Wacky Raceland

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Batman/Superman is the only Superman comic I'm still collecting - and even that for only one more issue - as well as American Alien and Lois & Clark for my dad, though I'm actually really enjoying AA, even if I think it's been majorly overhyped. I also finally bought yesterday and reread today (I'd checked it out of the library once before) Kurt Busiek's Camelot Falls, which is I suspect the best Superman story I hadn't yet actually owned. Fun, smart, and probably gives the best and only real answer to "Must There Be A Superman?" that doesn't simply end the story. Outside of maybe Morrison's Action, I'd definitely say Busiek had the best run on any Superman ongoing, and Camelot Falls was the centerpiece; it's a damn shame his run ended while he clearly had so much more he wanted to do.
    Buh-bye

I'm still reading them all. I stuck with Truth, as for all its disappointment I'm still invested in seeing how its wrapped up. My status after that is in limbo until I hear more about the Rebirth plans.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I was reading LOIS AND CLARK but it's been hard finding the recent issues so I'm going to hold out for the tpb.

I read the first few issues of AMERICAN ALIEN and it...wasn't for me. Might pick up a cheap tpb of it someday.

Will be reading Neal Adams new book, and hopefully REBIRTH will bring something fun around.

So, nothing right now I guess.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 02-23-2016 at 12:14 PM.

I just finished Doomed, and it was ok. I wasn't big on the Doomsday spores turning people into Doomsday thing. Maybe if something different was done with it. Now I'm contemplating buying Convergence. The Brainiac parts of Doomed, I really liked.

I know you're trying to find out where I hang my cape. YOU WON'T.

American Alien and Lois and Clark. I dropped Action, Superman, Batman/Superman and Superman/Wonder Woman when I was buying the TRUTH books and not even having any desire to read them. When Coming of the Supermen comes out, I'll add that but I'm waiting for Rebirth to jump back on the main titles.

Though I have the single issues, I just picked up the Lex Luthor: Man of Steel TPB so I'll be re-reading that in trade form.
    Last edited by Tra-EL; 02-23-2016 at 04:46 AM.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

American Alien. Most fun I've had with a Superman book in a pretty long time. Shame it's ending soon. I've dropped everything else.

It's a shame to hear most people have dropped all the main Superman titles.

I've been saying the Super Fandom has been divided for a long while now.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

At the moment, BATMAN/SUPERMAN,AMERICAN ALIEN and LOIS & CLARK. I made it half way through TRUTH before I tapped out. I will likely go back and catch up eventually,but I needed a break from Superman comics that disappointed me. SUPER LEAGUE coming up may be fun even IF it's a crossover,but at least it will be one writer. Still waiting on more details of what REBIRTH actually is. I suspect I will at least give it a fair shot for a month or so.

i dropped Action Comics recently for the first time since the relaunch. sad because it was consistently one of my favorites every month.
    Superman: American Alien is the only Super book i'm reading right now but it has been amazing.

I just finished Superman Unchained. It was ok. Kind of average. Wraith was an interesting villain/anti-hero, and I liked his presentation as a "Superman" who tows the line to the US Gov, but did they have to make him look like a cross between Darkseid and Mongul?

I've now run out of Superman books to read. I'll need to find something else.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I was reading LOIS AND CLARK but it's been hard finding the recent issues so I'm going to hold out for the tpb.
    why it is hard to find? I thought sales weren't good and all

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I'm reading them all. Maybe Rebirth will cure my Superman addiction.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    why it is hard to find? I thought sales weren't good and all
    Yeah sales haven't been too good, most shops I go to say they only order a few copies. It's my own fault, I don't really do pull lists anymore (I do a lot of freelance work so income is up/down/all around).

A guy told me they only really ordered 6 copies, and that was in a pretty busy shop.

I just hope it gets to fully finish so I can have a nice solid tpb with Weeks art, on the shelf!