Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Justice League reaction to Post Crisis Superman

So judging from the solicits they will react.
    Batman: I don't trust you.
    Flash:This is too weird
    Cyborg:Uhhh
    Aquaman: Ehh
    Wonder Woman: I don't feel comftarble next to you.

The main dynamics played here will probably be Bruce and Diana, since they're the closest to Clark. And it seems like they won't like him too much. I'm sure he'll win them over eventually but its nice to see they won't force them being okay with this guy right away.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Could someone post the solicits/description for Justice League and Trinity? I'd really appreciate it

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

If these solicits are indeed true and don't actually change when the comic is out, I think it's safe to say all the worrying and the near hysteria that DC is sweeping the last 5 years of stories under the rug and pretending NuSupes never existed is for naught. In fact, it's going to be the opposite. If anything I am starting to think that perhaps Nuperman is going to be a bigger presence in the DCU while "dead" than he's been alive.

Which ironically, was the case when Superdad himself "died" 23 years ago.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Yeah, really makes me interested in the trinity book. Should be a awkward group.

Ha! Never mind. Literally after posting that I thought "wait you have the internet too, fool". But thank you to whoever was going to post them for my dumb ass lol

Well I'm happy to say I called it

But a whole lot more than sweet sweet vindication has me smiling. What I'm REALLY happy about is the idea that we're (seemingly) doing this as organically as I'd hoped for. Even the Wonder Woman angle of her feeling super uncomfortable around the guy that looks like her dead ex bf is super interesting.

How can this Superman, who's so used to having the faith of his team behind him, coordinate with this "new" JLA? Some pretty interesting ideas at play here.

Well it's not like we haven't read prime characters meeting Alternate ones. It happened in the new 52 as well. Our Superman met Earth 2 and did Bruce...and they grew to trust them soon enough. KC Superman did a spell with the JSA in former canon...of course they didn't kil any major Superman to do that. Of course Superdad is the "true and perfect" Superman so they'll prob get over it soon enough. And as a fan of new 52 SM and SMWW, I don't find the idea remotely amusing seeing DC sending vibes of new 52 SM being replaced. But then if this is Rebirth's aim...shrugs.
    Last edited by hellacre; 04-18-2016 at 04:13 PM.

I really hope they actually don't warm up to him that much. At least, not the way that they did the original. They can be friendly, but I want their hearts to wait for NuSuperman to return.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    I really hope they actually don't warm up to him that much. At least, not the way that they did the original.
    HELL YEAH! I want that mega bitter sweet feeling. Like every time Superdad's mannerisms scream New 52 Kal so much so that Diana, or Barry let's their guard down and forgets their Clark is gone--I want it to come back like a wave.

Some genuine frustration from Superdad would be awesome too. He gets it. He's not the other guy, but he's here to do a job like the rest of them.

Having to walk the fine line of professional and personal feelings will be where all the great drama comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    If these solicits are indeed true and don't actually change when the comic is out, I think it's safe to say all the worrying and the near hysteria that DC is sweeping the last 5 years of stories under the rug and pretending NuSupes never existed is for naught. In fact, it's going to be the opposite. If anything I am starting to think that perhaps Nuperman is going to be a bigger presence in the DCU while "dead" than he's been alive.

Which ironically, was the case when Superdad himself "died" 23 years ago.
    Lol I was expecting satirical takes from you guys. Like I did.

My only concern is that they go a "Batman and Wonder Woman bond over Superman's disappearance" scenario, like they did with Tim and Cassie when Conner died. That was creepy then and would be even more creepy now.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    My only concern is that they go a "Batman and Wonder Woman bond over Superman's disappearance" scenario, like they did with Tim and Cassie when Conner died. That was creepy then and would be even more creepy now.
    That would be awful. Really awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Not sure how these things go but wouldn't that their respective writers to agree to?

I read the most bizarre solicit in Action Comics. Someone please tell me they just being misleading. Because Superdad is not Diana's Superman. The idea DC would consider...naw they not that stupid...because the eww and creep factor went up when I read it.

Its just a lack of attention to detail, I'd imagine.